Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

An extension doesn't mean shyt for a college coach. It doesn't tie them to the job, there is always a buyout. Not saying he is going to Texas but him signing an extension with FSU doesn't serve as a barometer on rather or not he would take the UT job.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
An extension doesn't mean shyt for a college coach. It doesn't tie them to the job, there is always a buyout. Not saying he is going to Texas but him signing an extension with FSU doesn't serve as a barometer on rather or not he would take the UT job.
I'm sure he's signing this extension on the verge of winning a national championship because he wants to jump ship. :childplease:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
extensions mean nothing, schools give them wiht a bigger buyout so they cna get more money if their coach leaves.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I'm sure he's signing this extension on the verge of winning a national championship because he wants to jump ship. :childplease:

Both Saban and Fischer are still in play, regardless of them signing extensions. Texas can pay their buyout and also pay them both more per year than their current offer. Bama can likely match anything Texas offers, FSU not so much. And again I'm not claiming either will decide to pick Texas just stating them signing extensions means next to nothing. Personally I think the job is between Fischer, Briles, Strong, Franklin, and Dantionio. Saban gets it if he wants it, I just don't think he does.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
extensions mean nothing, schools give them wiht a bigger buyout so they cna get more money if their coach leaves.

But there is no reason for a coach about to leave to sign it. One would think they sign it cuz they don't want to leave :ld:

If I'm Texas, I throw guap at ole boy at Baylor or Rob Ryan:leon:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
But there is no reason for a coach about to leave to sign it. One would think they sign it cuz they don't want to leave :ld:

true
but just speaking in general

if you know a coach is prob going to leave you give that extension and bump up the buyout to like 2 mill instead of 1

extra mill in your coffers

i dont see jimbo leaving hes already making like 4.5 mill, got a sick kid, kids have grown up there, hes getting 5 star recruits, acc getting stronger no need to go.

same how i dont see art briles leaving new extension and if he was leaving bryce petty would have declared

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

There is plenty of reason. One, to dispel rumors that you are thinking of leaving, which by evidence of this thread, that works. And for Jimbo better to go ahead and cash in with FSU now prior to the championship game than after. Also it gets the issue of him possibly leaving off his current players mind, so it doesn't serve as a distraction, and helps with the current commits. Just think if FSU offered and it was reported Jimbo declined or put off negotiations, all hell would break loose.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the coach is going to be Charlie Strong or James Franklin. I'd be happy with either.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Texas need to hire a black coach to combat Kevin Sumlin at A&M when it come to black recruits in Texas.