Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd take Pruitt but that offensive coordinator spot better be a dead on can't miss kill shot hire. Don't want Saunders at all. I honestly can't think of a single candidate. I wanna troll and say Orgeron but hell no. Chad Morris? Nussmeier? Smart? Bud foster? Friedgen? I honestly can't think of a viable candidate.

Idk man he'd have to get someone good. All might be for moot since it's been claimed that Franklin is option 1 and would take the job. With Smart being option number 2

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Idk man he'd have to get someone good. All might be for moot since it's been claimed that Franklin is option 1 and would take the job. With Smart being option number 2
Franklin just doesn't impress me. Yes he has Vandy bowl eligible and all but who has he beat that was worth a damn?i know he may do better with better talent but I'd rather take O over him. At least you know he can recruit on par with what Jimbo did (could get us back into Louisiana & southern Mississippi perhaps)

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Dude on 24/7 is saying Jimbo to Texas is virtually a lock. :patrice:

Thought this was just a ploy by jimmy sexton but this makes sense to me and Fisher hasn't signed his contract ext yet so clearly he's interested.

:what:

Fisher hasn't proved he's THAT great of a coach. He should be beasting in the ACC with those athletes.

I understand Saban, but if I'm a UT fan, I'm not excited about Fisher. That's a huge dropoff.​

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know. Part of me might rather take Charlie Strong then Fisher. Fisher is having a great year, but is that all Jameis Winston's doing? They got a lot of talent in Florida and Fisher hasn't exactly delivered until this year. Hmmm.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That Florida State defense been way more impressive than winston this season. If fisher is responsible for THAT, id damn sure want him

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
A Black man leading Texas? Will never happen:mjpls:

this.

A black man would have to be coming off BACK-TO-BLACK national championship WINS for Texas to hire him. Only b/c in that scenario, his resume would supercede his race.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's bullshyt. A&M has a black coach. Texas is way more liberal then the Aggies. I think Charlie Strong or Franklin will be our next head coach.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That's bullshyt. A&M has a black coach. Texas is way more liberal then the Aggies. I think Charlie Strong or Franklin will be our next head coach.
Ehhh wasn't Texas the last D-1 school to field an all white team back in the 70s tho?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
According to my sources, I'm hearing Nick Saban will coach BOTH teams in an unprecedented scenario.

He will stay at Alabama physically, and coach Texas via satellite thru the week. Then the next week he will do the opposite and continue thru the duration of the season. You heard it here first

Stoops bout to get dat work breh. Again:usure:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was the 70's. In 2013 Texas would have no qualms hiring a black coach as long as he can win. We ain't OLE MISS. Christ this is Austin Texas we talking bout. Nobody tripping bout hiring a black coach. I'm still shocked the Aggies have a black coach. Sumlin better keep winning because on the low them college station boosters is still on some :mjpls:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

Do you live here?

And you can't compare A&M to Texas b/c the situation is different. Austin is tagged as a liberal city, but that has nothing to do with the mindset of old white ppl in power. Texas wont even field a black QB unless it's a totall can't miss like Vince Young....who was before that James Brown? David Shaw might have an outsiders chance just based on his clean cut image and recent success at Stanford of all places. But that's it. I really dont think Charlie Strong is even on the radar.

Not to mention Kevin Sumlin was already an Asst. Head Coach/Off Coord at Texas A&M in the early 00's. So they already knew him and he was familiar. He Just needed the resume to come back as the head coach