Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude on 24/7 is saying Jimbo to Texas is virtually a lock. :patrice:

Thought this was just a ploy by jimmy sexton but this makes sense to me and Fisher hasn't signed his contract ext yet so clearly he's interested.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Dude on 24/7 is saying Jimbo to Texas is virtually a lock. :patrice:

Thought this was just a ploy by jimmy sexton but this makes sense to me and Fisher hasn't signed his contract ext yet so clearly he's interested.
I figured that this would be the move considering they can offer waaaaaay more than we can. Who do we go for next? Say let Pruitt take the reins. If true, can't even say I'm mad

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figured that this would be the move considering they can offer waaaaaay more than we can. Who do we go for next? Say let Pruitt take the reins. If true, can't even say I'm mad

And their apparently content with waiting until after the BCS bowls. So yeah I think it's going to happen .

I like Pruitt if he had more experience he would be the guy for me. Do not want Strong or Smart.

I like franklin. Petrino would be dope too but I'm not sold on the way his teams play defense or his recruiting

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all wouldn't miss a beat with either Charlie Strong or James Franklin.

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And their apparently content with waiting until after the BCS bowls. So yeah I think it's going to happen .

I like Pruitt if he had more experience he would be the guy for me. Do not want Strong or Smart.

I like franklin. Petrino would be dope too but I'm not sold on the way his teams play defense or his recruiting
Petrino's offense with FSU talent would be :ohlawd:.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Y'all wouldn't miss a beat with either Charlie Strong or James Franklin.

I'd take Pruitt but that offensive coordinator spot better be a dead on can't miss kill shot hire. Don't want Saunders at all. I honestly can't think of a single candidate. I wanna troll and say Orgeron but hell no. Chad Morris? Nussmeier? Smart? Bud foster? Friedgen? I honestly can't think of a viable candidate.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Petrino cant recruit to save his life
yep that's what makes me hesitate about him .

Petrino's offense with FSU talent would be :ohlawd:.

Jameis with Petrino would put up video game numbers.

This is a post from a member of the BamaOnline staff...

--------------
Spoke to several reliable sources with outstanding connects in the coaching community this week. Decided to dig back in to see if anything has changed regarding the Texas coaching job, especially as it relates to Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and FSU head coachJimbo Fisher.

*** Continue to hear that Malzahn is not interested in the Texas job. My people tell me that there is almost no chance he ends up in Austin, even if Texas misses on a few targets. Despite his name being thrown out by all the Texas media, this one is not happening.

*** My sources continue to be resolute that the job is Jimbo Fisher's to turn down, and all signs point to him being the next head coach at Texas. In fact, these same sources indicate Fisher "has been the guy all along."

It is going to be a fun and entertaining next couple weeks. Drink, check! Popcorn, check!
----------------

Later in the thread...If Jimbo leaves...

I would expect #FSU to target James Franklin and Kirby to be the no. 2 choice. I would expect Franklin to accept the job.

Anyway this is what I read earlier from 247. What I will say is I don't believe Saban was not their number one choice