Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
alien.jpg

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
This is true.

Oklahoma is more successful as a program especially in the Big-12 era but if I were a coach and both positions were open, I'd probably be on a plane to Austin.

Austin is too nice..... I'd choose that place over any except maybe Southern California or Miami for location.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Yeah, i saw McCarron said Saban told him he was staying. But you forgot how he phrased it. He said he asked coach "awhile ago" about this. Notice he didn't reference the time frame. That could've been a month or two weeks ago. Which was before Mack was being forced out. Also let's not forget Saban told his Miami Dolphin players he wasn't going anywhere either. :beli:

You have to admit though, it would be pretty messed up for him to do it again.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
OU has ONE bcs bowl game victory in the last 10 years and it was against UCONN. LOL.

OU has made it to plenty of bcs bowl games in the last 10 years with lots of L's.

but they have won big 12 titles

how many big 12 titles have texas won in the same time frame?:

i have to side with @jadillac here

oklahoma had a garbage offense this year, rotating qbs in and out, no real flashy guys no standouts, no guy i see being picked on day 1, their best offensive player imo is jalen saunders a 5'7 160lb wr

yet they won 10 games and are going to a bcs bowl

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yeah, i saw McCarron said Saban told him he was staying. But you forgot how he phrased it. He said he asked coach "awhile ago" about this. Notice he didn't reference the time frame. That could've been a month or two weeks ago. Which was before Mack was being forced out. Also let's not forget Saban told his Miami Dolphin players he wasn't going anywhere either. :beli:
Incorrect.

Jason Taylor said Saban told him he was probably leaving well before he made the decision.

I stick by what I have been saying in this thread though.

No coaching search/negotiations have ever played out through the internet like this and not even through the media.
All of this is probably a smoke screen

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Incorrect.

Jason Taylor said Saban told him he was probably leaving well before he made the decision.

I stick by what I have been saying in this thread though.

No coaching search/negotiations have ever played out through the internet like this and not even through the media.
All of this is probably a smoke screen

The closest I can recall is Urban to Florida. It was obvious that he was coming here and it did play out in public more than people tend to remember. Even with that, it's not even close to how this is allegedly playing out.

swyyyguy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
but they have won big 12 titles

how many big 12 titles have texas won in the same time frame?:

i have to side with @jadillac here

oklahoma had a garbage offense this year, rotating qbs in and out, no real flashy guys no standouts, no guy i see being picked on day 1, their best offensive player imo is jalen saunders a 5'7 160lb wr

yet they won 10 games and are going to a bcs bowl
i'll take more bcs bowl game victories including a national championship over conference titles.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The closest I can recall is Urban to Florida. It was obvious that he was coming here and it did play out in public more than people tend to remember. Even with that, it's not even close to how this is allegedly playing out.
You're right but, Coaching hires tend to be like Muschamp to UF

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
You're right but, Coaching hires tend to be like Muschamp to UF

Yea that's what's :patrice: about it all. You RARELY, if EVER, have a top 5 head coach go from one big school to another big school. I can't recall that happening to be honest with you. Whatever he does, it won't surprise anybody, that's for sure