Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
Texas must not want a campus for a while. the cac alabama fans will go to austin and burn it down if they take saban :heh:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, Powers is staying that was expected. But Powers has been put in his place. He will support getting rid of Mack and hiring Saban. they saying tomorrow is when fireworks begin. Starting with Mack's resignation.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
fugg Saban.. but it wouldnt be fair to put dude at Texas..lol

Every team out here would be playing every season for runner up..lol

Invest in We're #2 foam fingers brehs

number-two-e1264599309622.jpg

yea right......

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This was McCombs' response when asked about Mack's future:

"I think Mack has earned the right to do whatever he wants to do, whether he wants to stay or wants to go," he said. "If you can find a reason to get rid of a guy like that you’d really have to reach."

After that is when it got interesting, depending on how much you want to read into things. Other than the above quote, I didn't feel like it was exactly a ringing endorsement (maybe I'm reading too much into McCombs' delivery, but that's up for debate I suppose).

Here's a portion of what McCombs stated.

On if the Alamo Bowl will be Mack's last game at UT:

"That's not my decision to make. If they let me make the decision we wouldn't be talking about this today.

On how this is impacting Mack:

"What you see today is what we all see. I haven't talked to Sally but this is rougher on the friends and family than we all see. But when you choose to get involved in sports you're usually going to get the bad end."

On the speculation about Mack's future:

"You can't stop the speculation because the media is going to do what they want. Both sides are going to be printed anyway. I don't know if you really want to stop this because this is what sports is all about. The people and the support they have for their team is what makes sports what it is. What didn't happen, what did happen, what could have happened, that's what makes it all work."

Then he started on the Nick Saban stuff. And then, it came back to Mack again.

On if it would it be a mistake to get rid of Mack:
"I wouldn't say it would be a mistake. Coaches come and coaches go. Being the owner… You never want to fire anybody or let anybody go. You never enjoy it."

On the lack of success by Texas the last four years:

"I don't look at only the wins and losses but the preparation. You're going into a season, and you don't have but two quarterbacks. And one of them if half gimp? You're depending on a lot of luck there."

:dead:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:

Word is Bama might take a look at Stoops if Saban goes. I'd love for you all to go through 5 more years of mediocrity though, but if he left who would you all look for to replace him?

In the past 5 years we've had 3 BCS bowls. That's not mediocre.

I dont think Stoops is in it to coach much longer anyway so I dont think he's going anywhere unless he was forced out.....but if he did we have the same names as y'all do. Charlie Strong, etc.

Personally, I dont know who we'd get tho. Stoops wasn't exactly a big name before he got the OU job. And he's making only maybe a few hundreds thousands less than Saban right now, so whatever Bama would try OU would match it b/c he's brought more money to OU than you would believe. :wow:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt really is Friday Night Lights. We need an HBO series about college football and all the behind the scenes fukkery. It would be like THE PROGRAM meets ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
In the past 5 years we've had 3 BCS bowls. That's not mediocre.

I dont think Stoops is in it to coach much longer anyway so I dont think he's going anywhere unless he was forced out.....but if he did we have the same names as y'all do. Charlie Strong, etc.

Personally, I dont know who we'd get tho.

I said 5 future years of mediocrity not that y'all have been mediocre the previous 5. And you are kidding yourself if you think your candidate list would like anything like ours. You think Saban would have entertained OU? Strong would be name #5 or lower on our list.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I said 5 future years of mediocrity not that y'all have been mediocre the previous 5. And you are kidding yourself if you think your candidate list would like anything like ours. You think Saban would have entertained OU? Strong would be name #5 or lower on our list.

Bob Stoops make like $5.5mil a year, that's enough money to reel almost ANYBODY in, and there's no political games at OU. You're just expected to win every game.

We have oil money up there too. :mjpls: