Nick Saban, welcome to Austin, TX (UPDATE: regent confirms Saban wanted Texas/dtown vindicated!)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Bob Stoops make like $5.5mil a year, that's enough money to reel almost ANYBODY in, and there's no political games at OU. You're just expected to win every game.

We have oil money up there too. :mjpls:

Breh there is a possibility you will lose your coach to another school. That wouldn't ever happen at Texas. EVER! Don't let the recent success on the football field against us fool you. Y'all are our partners in the conference and our true rivals, however y'all aren't ever going to be on our level of things.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Breh there is a possibility you will lose your coach to another school. That wouldn't ever happen at Texas. EVER! Don't let the recent success on the football field against us fool you. Y'all are our partners in the conference and our true rivals, however y'all aren't ever going to be on our level of things.

uJUYxga.png
You're right, it wouldn't happen at Texas b/c y'all ACCEPT losing. So why would a coach leave?

The mindset you have is why nobody likes y'all and even moreso why 3/4 of the players go down there and languish in average when they could be good-great at another program.

And if you mean on y'alls level money-wise, I could care less...none of the football money is going in my pocket. So brag all you want about that. I'd rather have a better record on the field, where it counts.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
uJUYxga.png
You're right, it wouldn't happen at Texas b/c y'all ACCEPT losing. So why would a coach leave?

The mindset you have is why nobody likes y'all and even moreso why 3/4 of the players go down there and languish in average when they could be good-great at another program.

And if you mean on y'alls level money-wise, I could care less...none of the football money is going in my pocket. So brag all you want about that. I'd rather have a better record on the field, where it counts.

:what: You know good got damn and well I meant its not possible for a coach at UT to leave for a better job. You know it, it just hurts your soul to admit it.

The country club culture was assured in and successful because of Mack. He is on his way out, that shyt is coming to an end.

And in no way are you on our level at all. NONE.

And in the last 10 years the RRS is basically split. We each have a NC and some BCS wins. UT is 60-43-5 all time vs OU, so fukk outta here with that "where it counts" shyt. Only hat you can hang is conference championships.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:what: You know good got damn and well I meant its not possible for a coach at UT to leave for a better job. You know it, it just hurts your soul to admit it.

The country club culture was assured in and successful because of Mack. He is on his way out, that shyt is coming to an end.

And in no way are you on our level at all. NONE.

And in the last 10 years the RRS is basically split. We each have a NC and some BCS wins. UT is 60-43-5 all time vs OU, so fukk outta here with that "where it counts" shyt. Only hat you can hang is conference championships.

MAck Brown and Bob Stoops make roughly the same amount of money. Mack Brown hasn't won more than Bob Stoops, so how exactly do you figure it's not possible to go somewhere "better", when everywhere else is doing better?

Ummm, where it counts....in the past 15 years, OU has been the better program for at least 12 of those years.

In a FAILED season, keyword: FAILED.....we are playing in the Sugar Bowl for millions of dollars, and y'all are playing in the Alamo Bowl for trailmix. Let's not talk about "hurt souls" :upsetfavre:

swyyyguy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
let's compare the last 10 years of OU's accomplishments and the last 10 years of Texas' accomplishments.

swyyyguy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
OU has ONE bcs bowl game victory in the last 10 years and it was against UCONN. LOL.

OU has made it to plenty of bcs bowl games in the last 10 years with lots of L's.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
MAck Brown and Bob Stoops make roughly the same amount of money. Mack Brown hasn't won more than Bob Stoops, so how exactly do you figure it's not possible to go somewhere "better", when everywhere else is doing better?

Ummm, where it counts....in the past 15 years, OU has been the better program for at least 12 of those years.

In a FAILED season, keyword: FAILED.....we are playing in the Sugar Bowl for millions of dollars, and y'all are playing in the Alamo Bowl for trailmix. Let's not talk about "hurt souls" :upsetfavre:

I know you have an OU education but try and follow me here. When I say the better job, I don't mind how successful on the football field a program is. I mean better as in prestige etc... The UT job is no less then top 3 in this country, you know that, stop being an imbecile. If both jobs were open do you think any coach in their right mind would choose OU over UT? And they would do so because OU has supposedly been more successful over the past 10 years?

No, HELL NO, no coach would ever say OU is even on the same level as the UT job nor would UT ever have to worry about their head coach leaving for a better job, not even to the NFL, cut out the BS breh.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Richt to Texas :leon:

"I messed with Coach, [saying] he's getting too old to start up again somewhere else," McCarron said on ESPN's "College Football Daily" from Walt Disney World. "He told me he's not leaving. And I know Miss Terry [Saban's wife] well enough; she runs that house. And she's not allowing Coach to leave either. I think he'll be at the University of Alabama for a little while.

:heh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I know you have an OU education but try and follow me here. When I say the better job, I don't mind how successful on the football field a program is. I mean better as in prestige etc... The UT job is no less then top 3 in this country, you know that, stop being an imbecile. If both jobs were open do you think any coach in their right mind would choose OU over UT? And they would do so because OU has supposedly been more successful over the past 10 years?

No, HELL NO, no coach would ever say OU is even on the same level as the UT job nor would UT ever have to worry about their head coach leaving for a better job, not even to the NFL, cut out the BS breh.

Bottom line is, I haven't said anything negative towards Texas on here in months, since the beginning of the season actually....but you come in here throwing quasi-insults at us and then when I respond, you get amped up.

As far as the bolded. SMH Facts are facts. You can throw all the conjecture, bias and opinion you want into your arguments. NOBODY on this board with a lick of college football knowledge would consider Texas to bebetter than Oklahoma in prestige. Some might consider y'all behind us, some will say equal, but nobody will say better.

With prestige comes success, national titles, Heisman trophies, all-time great players with memorable moments, results (not entitlement). Oklahoma is ENSCONSED in the halls of college football history, takes a backseat to very few which certainly does not include the Longhorns.

You might want to use another word other than prestige in describing how y'all are better than us....because that ain't it.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Bottom line is, I haven't said anything negative towards Texas on here in months, since the beginning of the season actually....but you come in here throwing quasi-insults at us and then when I respond, you get amped up.

As far as the bolded. SMH Facts are facts. You can throw all the conjecture, bias and opinion you want into your arguments. NOBODY on this board with a lick of college football knowledge would consider Texas to bebetter than Oklahoma in prestige. Some might consider y'all behind us, some will say equal, but nobody will say better.

With prestige comes success, national titles, Heisman trophies, all-time great players with memorable moments, results (not entitlement). Oklahoma is ENSCONSED in the halls of college football history, takes a backseat to very few which certainly does not include the Longhorns.

You might want to use another word other than prestige in describing how y'all are better than us....because that ain't it.

I referring to the prestige in regards to the coaching position. No one on this board would put the OU coaching job on the same level as UT's.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, i saw McCarron said Saban told him he was staying. But you forgot how he phrased it. He said he asked coach "awhile ago" about this. Notice he didn't reference the time frame. That could've been a month or two weeks ago. Which was before Mack was being forced out. Also let's not forget Saban told his Miami Dolphin players he wasn't going anywhere either. :beli:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I referring to the prestige in regards to the coaching position. No one on this board would put the OU coaching job on the same level as UT's.
This is true.

Oklahoma is more successful as a program especially in the Big-12 era but if I were a coach and both positions were open, I'd probably be on a plane to Austin.