Ni No Kuni 2 (Official Thread)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
While I'm enjoying the game, and I probably wouldn't make a thread about it, I think the "issues" in this game and plenty of others are either overlooked or ignored.

Certain games get a "pass" while others get vilified for the same shyt. Reviewers reward a the same shipping pundits complain about.

Stanary/toxicity is more important than the actual game these days.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
You didn't say what those issues are :beli:
I haven't touched this game yet but I'm interested to hear what you found in your time playing the game so far.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Is it better than the original tho
Nah its way different tho. Its still a great game, just that the original is a classic.

All depends how much you liked the original. Alot of reviews are saying part 2 is better :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While I'm enjoying the game, and I probably wouldn't make a thread about it, I think the "issues" in this game and plenty of others are either overlooked or ignored.

Certain games get a "pass" while others get vilified for the same shyt. Reviewers reward a the same shipping pundits complain about.

Stanary/toxicity is more important than the actual game these days.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
:mjlol: You say the same shyt verbatim with practically every Sony released title.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's be honest this is pretty mediocre. I like the characters but they have no development. Dungeons are short and not particularly exciting either. Story is a typical shounen Japanese story and is very limited in scope. Feels a little over the top with how naive the characrers and the world function.

And I really don't like the soundtrack.

That said I'm on chapter 4 so there's more to see
How you like it compared to say Goatsona 5? :skip:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Game is kind of on the easy side, but it's an appreciated escape from the countless FPS games I'm playing. Also I'm playing on PC @ 1440p and I don't have them problems. :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You didn't say what those issues are :beli:
I haven't touched this game yet but I'm interested to hear what you found in your time playing the game so far.
As a person that absolutely loved the first game, this one is not better than the first.

Combat is changed, but way too easy, the overworld is changed for the worse, amongst other things.

And I don't say this to say the game is bad. I'm really enjoying it this far, was probably one of my most anticipated games this gen and I'm not disappointed so far.

But objectively I can look at this game and others and say that gaming media and online narrative is very much influnced by stan/hype/clicks/toxicity.

Just look at your post about Hellbalde. I agree with pretty much exactly what you said about that game, yet the media and hype about that game would have you belive it's a masterpiece.

Imagine if that game was made by EA and exclusive to Xbox. How would we be talking about it here?

@Grand Conde was dancing through the streets about how Sea of Thieves sold poorly in the U.K.(as if we should give a fukk about what they're buying:mjlol:)

Yet the game sold and is clearly more successful than Ni No Kuni

But we won't get a bunch of threads/articles/reviews talking about how fukked Ni No Kuni is:mjpls:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Nah its way different tho. Its still a great game, just that the original is a classic.

All depends how much you liked the original. Alot of reviews are saying part 2 is better :yeshrug:
Played it for the first time a year ago. Didn't know what I was doing and it was a hard game for me because y'all know you gotta get the familiars that are with it and not just your day ones. Played it again a month ago and breezed through it. I don't even fukk with JRPGs like that but this one was good. Didn't like the half ass ending though, game should've ended at the shadar battle.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
weren't you just posting this yesterday?

If I told a nikka I was playing ni no kuni I wouldn't even object if the nikka open hand slapped me for being a bytch :francis:

so when did you get to play it from when that post was made to when this thread was made. and why did you even go check the game after a post like this. and this section been knowing you ain't got the money to buy the game in between the time that post and this thread were made

:jbhmm: