NFL Week 3: What have we learned

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I see a lot of poor executions by offenses all over the league. There are some standouts like KC and MIA, but overall the execution is poor. Whether that's because of QB, OL, QB/receivers chemistry, etc.

The new CBA that limits padded practices really is the reason why these offenses look out of sync early in the season. They don't have enough reps. We should see offenses improve as the year goes on unless the QBs are horrible.
It's that and the fact that most teams have made the conscious decision to sit their starters out of preseason games. It appears they prefer to use the first 3-4 weeks of the regular season as preseason now.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There has always been a handful of offenses that was great and on a different level while everyone else was meh to terrible tho. It’s not some 2023 issue

For example in 2012 when Prime Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees were lighting up scoreboards teams like the Jets and Cardinals was doing this

Cardinals 6-7 Jets (Dec 2, 2012) Final Score - ESPN :mjlol:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was wrong about Tua. Still think he got a noodle arm but that boy can Quaterback :wow:
Yeah he's good for one lollipop throw a week but yeah he knows how to move this offense.

I'd be far more concerned with his very checkered injury history. He's one hard hit away from medical retirement IMO. He hasn't played a full football season since HS. His body can't take the punishment

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Herbert a dog for real.

The problem is that Keenan Allen and Justin Herbert are going to have to pull some incredible weight though to get it done because the Chargers have basically shelled out already for the next few years. This is basically the team they have for this window.

Hyper-talented QB, real high potential but straight up went to one of the worst organizations you could go to at a real bad time. The team basically messed up their contracts all to have the current results they have.

In addition to the Herbert contract for example:

Bosa's contract goes to 2025 at 5 years $135 mil.
Mike Williams 3 years $60 mil to 2024.
Austin Ekeler probably gone after this year (Chargers fans were hoping for Bijan to fall during the draft).

A lot of people don't realize that the Chargers starting last year have went all the way in for the next 3 years to the same degree the Miami Dolphins have and the results couldn't be more different.

Williams might be cooked. Guy can't stay on the field with all these lower leg injuries and he was never the fastest WR in the first place.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Williams might be cooked. Guy can't stay on the field with all these lower leg injuries and he was never the fastest WR in the first place.
Yup. It's a shame because I really like Mike Williams, but that's exactly the problem the Chargers have: most of their best players are either old, injury prone or simply not that good and they're taking a lot of money. Not to mention the coaching, average offensive line and no offensive line depth.

Basically they're only going to go as far as Keenan Allen and Justin Herbert can will them on pure natural ability alone. Which can actually be quite far but if the other team is playing with even 3/4 of a brain it'll be too much for them to overcome by themselves. Those two (and Ekeler) are literally going to have to carry the whole team this year to overcome the bad coaching and the other team.

Combine with the 3 td's 0 int Herbert performance and still only won because the other team goofed up.

Last edited:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
We're approaching the generation of coaches who played madden and it's going to be good for the game tbh
I don’t know. I’ve been saying these new coaches are on some Madden shyt for years, and that’s why they do dumb shyt like go for it on 4th down at their own 25 yard line.