NFL Week 3: What have we learned

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Mike Greenberg has been championing for the Jets to do it since Rodgers went down with injury. Minny would be a fool not to consider it and other teams would be a fool not to at least call especially since he he has no guaranteed money left on his deal.
I forgot to add the 49ers to the list. They would win the Super Bowl with him as the QB.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Also, and we didn't learn this, this has always been the case.

Trevor Lawrence isn't an elite QB. He may have elite years if the talent around him is nice, but he's not elite. Doesn't particularly excel at any aspect of the game, just average to slightly above average. If he took the leap he was anticipated to make we'd be 3-0

Good luck when he gets his bag :mjlol:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if Minny will trade Cousins. He would be a massive upgrade for some potential playoff teams: Jets, Falcons, Titans and Steelers come to mind.

Minny could tank for Caleb then and he'd be able to walk into a solid situation with Jefferson and Addison.
They have too much firepower on offense to tank. Its impossible to convince the players to stop trying just for a rookie, so they will still compete. And Kevin O'Connell is on the hot seat he's not trying to purposely lose.

Im sure the Arizona GM and Owner would love to have Caleb and Harrison in the next draft. But the players dont give a fukk about that and will win if they can. So tanking is actually pretty difficult.....unless your QB is Justin Fields

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They have too much firepower on offense to tank. Its impossible to convince the players to stop trying just for a rookie, so they will still compete. And Kevin O'Connell is on the hot seat he's not trying to purposely lose.

Im sure the Arizona GM and Owner would love to have Caleb and Harrison in the next draft. But the players dont give a fukk about that and will win if they can.
It's the GM's job to have a long term plan. Cash in on Cousins; get some picks for him and let Mullens or Jaren Hall lead you to 2-15.

They're losing WITH Cousins. Even with all that firepower, they're definitely not winning more than three games if he was gone.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
1. Denver will fire the defensive coordinator tomorrow morning

2. Ryan Tannehill had the nerve to rest the preseason and this motherfukker is garbage

3. Mediocre QBs all over this league… u have Patrick Mahomes and a few others playing among trash… its like Kendrick Lamar and Drake up against all these mumble rappers

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
-Sean Payton is supremely overrated.
-Brandon Staley needs to be fired immediately.
-Jets had no business trusting Zach Wilson as the backup for a 39-year old quarterback.
I mean I get it....

You drafted Wilson like #2 overall or some shyt. You figure in a backup role behind a HOF QB he might develop and learn something. Its better than having Garner Minshew or some shyt. There is atleast SOME upside there.

Its just dude didn't even make it 1 series before he was forced to start.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
I mean I get it....

You drafted Wilson like #2 overall or some shyt. You figure in a backup role behind a HOF QB he might develop and learn something. Its better than having Garner Minshew or some shyt. There is atleast SOME upside there.

Its just dude didn't even make it 1 series before he was forced to start.
I certainly understand that aspect. However, EVERYONE saw enough last year (especially when the fans turned against him during that home Jags game) to know he isn't that guy. I would've traded him in the off-season to try and mitigate the mistake of drafting him #2. He's done in NY.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m still holding out hope for Fields but breh is making it real hard
He might be the worst starting QB in the league. And we have Zach Wilson, Ridder and Garner Minshew starting.

Maybe send him to the Jets to see if they can build a read option run game around him. Take whatever you can get in return, maybe a 5th if you are lucky.