NFL player almost gets finessed by a Arab car dealer

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Ji'Ayir Brown signed a 4 year, $5,395,807 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $924,224 signing bonus, $924,224 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,348,952.

Half that 1.3 going to the taxman right?

Said in reference to how much he was trying to spend. It made perfect sense. 200k+ is a huge chunk of his earnings and that 1.3 prob not pre tax.

He's also in the sport with the worst guarantees for payment and shortest careers. Beyond that a significant amount of football players are in financial trouble just after 2 years of retirement due to this idea that you can spend huge and keep raking it in.

So yeah 1.3. It's not a lot in this context.

It sounds like a lot when you first look at it. But then....

If the total contract is $5.3 million, figure 50% taxes, he only taking home $2.6 million total. Or $660k/yr. That really ain't shyt tbh.

What's worse is you don't get it all at once. So by that 4th year you don't know where your money went. :francis:

I can see why they go broke, it sounds like a lot.

Daps
Clout and probably thought he'd get a 'better' deal.

If I was on homies team I'd ask for that video to get deleted.

If his FA was a yes man, he would have brought it without question.

Got homie looking like food out here.
Low key, this is a promo for the financial advisor.

He ends up looking like a good FA because he's protecting his client. Flip side is that....it looks like his client has learned shyt, so maybe FA is giving him fish instead of teaching him HOW to fish.

Either way, if I have a signing bonus of $920k, and maybe $600k after taxes or thereabouts....last thing I'm doing is buying an expensive azz $230k ride. Get a Lexus and maybe buy a modest house.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It sounds like a lot when you first look at it. But then....

If the total contract is $5.3 million, figure 50% taxes, he only taking home $2.6 million total. Or $660k/yr. That really ain't shyt tbh.

What's worse is you don't get it all at once. So by that 4th year you don't know where your money went. :francis:

I can see why they go broke, it sounds like a lot.
This

But dudes think we are pocket watching. He was to spend half his annual salary lol.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Low key, this is a promo for the financial advisor.

He ends up looking like a good FA because he's protecting his client. Flip side is that....it looks like his client has learned shyt, so maybe FA is giving him fish instead of teaching him HOW to fish.

Either way, if I have a signing bonus of $920k, and maybe $600k after taxes or thereabouts....last thing I'm doing is buying an expensive azz $230k ride. Get a Lexus and maybe buy a modest house.
Client is reckless. Your financial advisor should be helping with investments not baby sitting.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

He tried it…

:francis:

Maybe I should keep my reservation and flip it to a dealer? :patrice:

edit: just looked at resale prices

damn-png.4890

I'm 100% flipping this shyt. I'll put it up for 150k when my reservation gets called up for pickup!!! :gladbron:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Ji'Ayir Brown signed a 4 year, $5,395,807 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $924,224 signing bonus, $924,224 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,348,952.
I wonder how much CA taxes ate of that.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Half that 1.3 going to the taxman right?
Not if his FA is a competent as dude sounds.

Most of his money is probably tied up in investment vehicles that off set his taxes. That's what they do in my job and this dude's salary is on the lower end of the athletes we manage.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
breh I just googled it.....I'm not understanding why they were charging 230......the first thing google says its 65k-105k depending on the package....what am I missing here?

I don't know shyt about EVs its not my speed....
*reseller
I think either they sold out or you have to be put on a waiting list. Kind of like when people resell concert tickets

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Wow his advisor saved his dumbass

Almost got robbed for 230k
And this guy only makes 1.3 mill

Fred

This dusty A-rab with a straight fukkin face said that Cybertruck is $230k :mjlol:

And it’s prob the base model and not the cyber beast :snoop:

Then the dusty Arab came back and said “yeah $210k it’s the cheapest one in the country”

I wanted to punch that dusty Arab in his face fukkin face…

Fam can just go on the Tesla website and put his order in for a cybertruck and lease it.. Saving himself $200k+ in his pocket

Taco

All Star
Daps
Tax write off anyone? Ain’t no way I’m feeling bad for a dude making millions. Regardless of how much the salesman is making JB is making more money than him. Hitting a lick on a millionaire? Sign me up! It’s the dudes who pray on people who are barely making it by that disgust me. Had a foreign exchange kid (18) come in with a bank statement with $90k asking me to drop the price of my AMG GTS :mjlol: He wanted the car so bad I knew he was going to call mommy and daddy for the extra $10k. He gets on the phone grabs the keys and starts revving it. What do you know another $10k ends up in his account. The fukk I look like feeling bad for someone who makes more money than I’ll make in the foreseeable future :yeshrug: