Next Tomb Raider TIMED EXCLUSIVE to Xbox One

llt23

All Star
Daps
Sounds like its gonna be a timed exclusive.

:manny: I aint going next gen anytime soon anyway. My 360 still got a lot of games. Maybe next year Ill go next gen:smugfavre:

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
lol the definitive edition of the first sold twice as many on the ps4 so this is a weird as fukk decision, microsoft must've cut the biggest check

nonetheless it seems a timed exclusive so

Iiab.png

tBWaOfp.jpg

Sony doing damage controls paying these puttes to stop the bleeding.

Of course it says HOLIDAY 2015 how else would we know when the fvkk the game is coming out?

nd lets not pretend like Geoff Keighley didn't change the order of the line used in the trailer to support his "argument" :mjlol:

There's proof this is an Xbox exclusive and NO other proof suggesting otherwise yet, everything else is damage control n reaching.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Of course it says HOLIDAY 2015 how else would we know when the fvkk the game is coming out?

nd lets not pretend like Geoff Keighley didn't change the order of the line used in the trailer to support his "argument" :mjlol:

There's proof this is an Xbox exclusive and NO other proof suggesting otherwise yet, everything else is damage control n reaching.

hence the wording "it seems a timed exclusive", because when pressed about clarification of the exclusivity xbox PR are continuously using the wording "holiday 2015 exclusive" and not "lifetime exclusive" like they did when it came time to clarify the exclusivity of the first titanfall title

with that said, if you'd rather believe that sony is somehow funnelling money to videogame reporters just so they say this game is a "time exclusive", which eventually, sooner than later, would be refuted, then be my guest and do so, i certainly won't hold nothing against you

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Then why won't any of the parties involved say Tomb Raider won't be on any other platform period? All they'll say is Holiday 2015 the only place you can play the new Tomb Raider is on Xbox or something to that effect. A carefully worded phrase that doesn't rule out other platforms in say 2016.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
hence the wording "it seems a timed exclusive", because when pressed about clarification of the exclusivity xbox PR are continuously using the wording "holiday 2015 exclusive" and not "lifetime exclusive" like they did when it came time to clarify the exclusivity of the first titanfall title

with that said, if you'd rather believe that sony is somehow funnelling money to videogame reporters just so they say this game is a "time exclusive", which eventually, sooner than later, would be refuted, then be my guest and do so, i certainly won't hold nothing against you

I have never heard ANY developer or publisher use the frame lifetime exclusive, stop it now.

Breh, we BOTH know Geoff is a puppet to the gaming industry, if not the biggest one lets be reality.

Im not saying he's a puppet to Sony exclusively :russ:
I'm saying he sells his words n letters to the highest bidder and I this is from someone who used to visit GT like 2 times a day for 5 years.

You still believe in these major video game "journalists" in 2014 breh? :mjlol:

Go ahead but don't get dissapointed down the road I already told you breh.

@winb83 from what I saw it the trailer it said "coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox" can't be more clear than that.

Besides they even showed the Microsoft Studios logo at the beginning of the trailer if I remember correctly, doesn't that mean that MS is publishing now and not SE?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have never heard ANY developer or publisher use the frame lifetime exclusive, stop it now.

Breh, we BOTH know Geoff is a puppet to the gaming industry, if not the biggest one lets be reality.

Im not saying he's a puppet to Sony exclusively :russ:
I'm saying he sells his words n letters to the highest bidder and I this is from someone who used to visit GT like 2 times a day for 5 years.

You still believe in these major video game "journalists" in 2014 breh? :mjlol:

Go ahead but don't get dissapointed down the road I already told you breh.

@winb83 from what I saw it the trailer it said "coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox" can't be more clear than that.

Besides they even showed the Microsoft Studios logo at the beginning of the trailer if I remember correctly, doesn't that mean that MS is publishing now and not SE?
This is the boss of Xbox talking here
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/473920/tomb-raider-exclusivity-a-win-win-says-xbox-boss/

"We're saying what we said on stage," said Spencer. "In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That's the comment."
"We had a lot of similar questions around Titanfall and the structure of our deal is a business relationship that's frankly between us and Square Enix. I know Crystal Dynamics has issued a statement and we're going to stand by that. Xbox fans are going to be able to play Tomb Raider next holiday exclusive on Xbox."
The game is clearly a timed exclusive. They won't come out and say that because they want to be as deceptive as possible about it. They've likely paid money for the exclusive window and they'd like to push that off as not being a window at all if possible. the deal won't let them say the window because if they could it would damage the point of the deal.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
This is the boss of Xbox talking here

The game is clearly a timed exclusive. They won't come out and say that because they want to be as deceptive as possible about it. They've likely paid money for the exclusive window and they'd like to push that off as not being a window at all if possible. the deal won't let them say the window because if they could it would damage the point of the deal.

:ehh:

Now that's a credible source, won't bother to click the link but I trust that's what he said.

Fvkk it timed exclusive it is :manny:

It's prolly dropping on PC like 6 months after

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:ehh:

Now that's a credible source, won't bother to click the link but I trust that's what he said.

Fvkk it timed exclusive it is :manny:

It's prolly dropping on PC like 6 months after
I still think this is what happened. The first game came out and they expected it to sell 6 million. It sold like 3.6 and they re-released it on XBO and PS4 and that's maybe close to another million. The game didn't meet sales expectations and was a lucrative enough IP to garner a sequel and sold well but their expectations were out of hand. Microsoft stepped in and said we'll help fund the development and Square Enix was more than happy to take the money. That funding likely got them that exclusive window. This is a game that Square Enix had already gone on record as saying was gonna get made anyway so They likely couldn't get the Titanfall deal like how they saved that game from cancellation and got it 100% exclusive.

There;s no way this AAA title will recoup its likely budget off just Xbox sales and i doubt Microsoft fully funded the game. they partially paid in to get what's apparently a window of exclusivity. the terms of the deal are likely they window's existence can't be disclosed nor the length of it. Microsoft isn't publishing the game either but hell they Published Mass Effect and we all see how that went.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ufdup:

During its quarterly earnings call today, EA squashed recent rumors about Titanfallcoming to PlayStation 4. CFO Blake Jorgensen emphasized that Titanfall "is exclusive only for the lifetime of the title on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC."

tumblr_inline_na8p7hyNlF1r3825d.png

:sas1::sas2: