Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
fukk marinelli. fukk the player. i'm not talking about that breh. before all of that there is a negotiation. this is where i have a problem with this idiotic family.

last year, we move back 13 spots IN THE FIRST ROUND and only got back a 3rd rd pick back from San Fran.

this year we move up 13 spots IN THE SECOND ROUND and get bamboozled for a 3rd rd pick by Wash.

Do you not have an issue with this?
I feel you on this. 100%. But Jerry not fumbling this by taking the steal BPA instead of Ha Ha or Manziel at 16 and STILL managing to get a player that was wanted and needed in the 2nd is about as good as we can hope for as Cowboys fans.

We have Jerry Jones running our team, brehs. If we temper our standards and expectations for a Jerry-run team, this is looking like a wild success.

:jjumad:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I feel you on this. 100%. But Jerry not fumbling this by taking the steal BPA instead of Ha Ha or Manziel at 16 and STILL managing to get a player that was wanted and needed in the 2nd is about as good as we can hope for as Cowboys fans.

We have Jerry Jones running our team, brehs. If we temper our standards and expectations for a Jerry-run team, this is looking like a wild success.

:jjumad:
i guess i gotta do that. only thing i'll say is negotiating should come 2nd nature to them with their business backgrounds. it has more to do with business than football.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
we need to get back into the 3rd round :snoop:

that trade with washington was awful

Hammer

Banned
Daps
we need a dt, de, and safties and we traded a very valuable 3rd round pick :snoop:

draft is a disaster

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
i'd like to but i hear he is strictly a 3-4 DT
It wouldn't be an ideal fit, but at this point we just badly need bodies on the dline. I would have 0 problems with sticking him at a DT spot and having crawford/lawrence/selvie on the outside moving forward. He's a solid player and I've always been open to drafting guys on oline and dline and teaching them to adapt and fit a scheme. Happens all the time.

Whatever we get from Melton and Spencer would be a bonus at this point.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
It wouldn't be an ideal fit, but at this point we just badly need bodies on the dline. I would have 0 problems with sticking him at a DT spot and having crawford/lawrence/selvie on the outside moving forward. He's a solid player and I've always been open to drafting guys on oline and dline and teaching them to adapt and fit a scheme. Happens all the time.

Whatever we get from Melton and Spencer would be a bonus at this point.
that's why i was pissed we traded a 3rd round pick for demarcus lawrence to move up, dude still woulda been there for us. we desperately need d line and safties and losing a 3rd rd pick is a massive loss for us