Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess the organization aren't as high on degi the Holloman as I am. He seemed like our best linebacker coverage beside Lee.
o never mind then breh :bryan:

i feel alot better about this pick right now :bryan:

Then again with our injury history heath will probably see the field :skip:
I mean we still have Matt Johnson in the roster too...

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
With many people upset the Cowboys did not help their defense in the first round on Thursday, they made sure they got their guy in the second round by trading up with the Washington Redskins, of all teams.

Lawrence is a pure right defensive end. He had 20 sacks in two seasons at Boise State and he had 20.5 tackles for loss last season. With the loss of DeMarcus Ware, the Cowboys needed a right defensive end. They just turned to another Demarcus. Ware has speed. He has long arms. He can get around the edge, and he should benefit greatly from the coaching of Rod Marinelli.

Before adding Lawrence the Cowboys had plenty of left defensive end types in George Selvie, Anthony Spencer, Jeremy Mincey and Tyrone Crawford.

Lawrence had three separate one-game suspensions, but the Cowboys met with him at Valley Ranch before the draft and were able to get a handle on him.

Love the Broncos: In 2005, the Cowboys drafted Orlando Scandrick out of Boise State in the fifth round. In 2012, they drafted Crawford in the third round out of Boise State. Now they have gone with Lawrence.

There is a chip-on-the-shoulder type attitude that most Boise State players carry and the Cowboys like that, especially in Scandrick. If there has been a complaint about the Cowboys defense with Ware as the best player it is that it has been too nice. Lawrence will bring some attitude.

What’s next: By giving up their second- (No. 47) and third-round picks (No. 78), the Cowboys are done until Saturday unless they trade back into the third round. The Cowboys have eight picks on Saturday with six coming in the seventh round.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lawrence is a goon. We need some of those on D. Our Defense has been too soft. This was a great pick. Atlanta would've def took him. If he didn't have character issues he would've been a top 20 pick in the first round.
this nikka on the radio sounding like a straight bama. :russ:

"i'm a straight killa" :merchant:

i'm liking his attitude, i'm starting to change my mind about this pick lol...they need some players that's a lil off upstairs...

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wished dallas would've talked to buffalo about the Steve Johnson trade. 49ers got a steal for a 4th round pick. If Dez goes down were fukked.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess the organization aren't as high on degi the Holloman as I am. He seemed like our best linebacker coverage beside Lee.

I mean we still have Matt Johnson in the roster too...

im pretty sure hes still on IR breh :skip:

Ha just kidding but hopefully he can get on the field this year.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two good draft picks so far.

Y'all brehs think we're going to rebuild our defense in one draft year.:wtf:

Y'all do realize that the Cowboys are pretty much in rebuilding mode. Romo only have a couple of years and he's gone. Why you think Jerry been talking about drafting a QB in the next couple of drafts.

If you think the Cowboys are a contender next year.:mjlol: