Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
When you have the worst defense in team history

and one of the worst in nfl history

the last thing you want to draft

is another offensive linemen

you draft offensive linemen under two circumstances

1. When you really need one...and right now...we don't...

2. When you don't know what the fukk you are doing and just say...let's just go with an offensive linemen...

You got Heath...the outright worst safety in football...one of the worst players in football period...

And you could have gotten Dix...who is just outstanding in coverage, reads, tackling...dude is just the quintessential safety...

I guess I should just be happy we didn't take Manziel...

But now watch Romo slip and fall in the shower or some shyt and miss half the year
who would you have taken there on D?

once pryor, donald, and shazier came off the board, i was comfortable drafting offense. cj mosely would have been nice too but he has injury issues. last thing we need is another player w/ injury history.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad jerry did the right thing
:salute:

There was that little part of me that was hoping he didn't..:yeshrug:

Anyways I hope they focus on nothing but the d for the rest of the draft.. It was painful watching them last year:snoop::sadcam:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last 3 years we had a chance to win the division, 2 of the 3 losses were square on the shoulders of the offense, and 1 (Washington) most certainly on Romo
Realistically if the defense was better throughout the season it shouldn't have even came down to the last game. How many games have we lost on the final defensive possession. You gotta look at the big picture.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
two goons for tomorrow....doubt we draft either with the square as our coach but this is who i want.

2543490.jpg

BOISE-DE
DEMARCUS LAWRENCE

STRENGTHS Highly athletic. Fluid, flexible and rangy. Terrific balance and body control. Has quick, coordinated hands and feet to slingshot off blocks. Has natural pass-rush ability -- shows burst, bend and closing speed to hunt down quarterbacks. Dips inside suddenly. Terrific knee and ankle flexion -- flattens efficiently and redirects and accelerates smoothly. Explosive tackler. Made an instant impact at BSU and was productive behind the line of scrimmage -- 34 TFL and 20 sacks from 2012-13. Carries a swagger and plays with attitude.

WEAKNESSES Could stand to get stronger and play with more pop and power in his hands. Lacks ideal bulk to play with his hand in the dirt. Gets knocked around when he exposes his frame. Doesn’t control tight ends. Is weak at the point of attack and gets wiped out by double teams. Can be overaggressive and lose contain or fly by tackles. Can do a better job protecting his legs. Lacks experience playing in reverse. Character and stability need to be looked into.

2543711.jpg

ILB-FLORIDA ST.
TELVIN SMITH

STRENGTHS Fiery on-field emotional leader. Plays with passion and it shows -- beelines to the ball and brings energy to the defense. Very good eyes, anticipation and instincts -- sniffs out screens, takes good cut-off angles and negotiates through traffic easily. Plays downhill and often arrives behind the line of scrimmage before ball carriers see him. Outstanding functional football-playing speed. Fluid mover. Outstanding closing speed to the ball. Reliable open-field tackler -- runs through contact. Good coverage skill -- shadows receivers and has a feel for zones. Very likeable, gregarious personality that can unite a locker room and command the LB group. Has been very durable (despite lack of thickness). Has learned what it means to work, and football comes easy to him.

WEAKNESSES Despite contributing immediately in college, has been only a one-year full-time starter. Wiry and needs to add bulk to his narrow frame to withstand the rigors of NFL contact -- is almost built like a free safety. Is not a strong, drive-through tackler -- tends to go low. Average hand use and play strength. Could struggle matching up with bigger, more physical tight ends.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
who would you have taken there on D?

once pryor, donald, and shazier came off the board, i was comfortable drafting offense. cj mosely would have been nice too but he has injury issues. last thing we need is another player w/ injury history.

Would have taken Ha- Ha Dix and would not have even though about it...I would have called up before we even selected and said "If Ha Ha Dix is there we are taking him"

Like I've been saying, we have the outright worst safety in football in Heath...Dude can't cover for shyt...can't tackle for shyt...that means once a receiver beats our corners he is pretty much gone...that means once a running back get's pass our linebackers he is pretty much gone...

We had arguably the best offensive line in the league last year...we have a glaring weakness on the defensive end, ESPECIALLY at the safety and DT position...i don't understand why you come out the gate enhancing something that is already a strength in the Oline, and neglecting something that is a major weakness like safety and defensive tackle...for me safety way more than defensive tackle because I think Heath is just that bad...I think he is hands down the worst safety in football...

There were stretches last year where offenses just ran at him and threw at him damn near religiously...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:manny: Well at least Romo's heir will have a ton of talent surrounding him :manny:

A strong offensive line and weapons including Dez in his prime years.

San Fran built their offense without a quarterback so by the time Kaepernick took over he had a veteran pro bowl caliber running back in Gore. A franchise WR in Crabetree and one of the best offensive lines in football.

I'm assuming the defense will be improved as well through the draft as they won't have to spend high draft picks on offensive players.

3 years from now (or even two if they draft a QB next year) this team will be set up. Jerry Jones said as long as Romo is the QB they are not rebuilding but that's only because this team will have legit chances to compete as long as he's the QB. However they have been rebuilding the offensive line since 2010 and that's almost complete. They also rebuilt the WR corps and that's almost if not already complete. Now they have to work on the defense.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Would have taken Ha- Ha Dix and would not have even though about it...I would have called up before we even selected and said "If Ha Ha Dix is there we are taking him"

Like I've been saying, we have the outright worst safety in football in Heath...Dude can't cover for shyt...can't tackle for shyt...that means once a receiver beats our corners he is pretty much gone...that means once a running back get's pass our linebackers he is pretty much gone...

We had arguably the best offensive line in the league last year...we have a glaring weakness on the defensive end, ESPECIALLY at the safety and DT position...i don't understand why you come out the gate enhancing something that is already a strength in the Oline, and neglecting something that is a major weakness like safety and defensive tackle...for me safety way more than defensive tackle because I think Heath is just that bad...I think he is hands down the worst safety in football...

There were stretches last year where offenses just ran at him and threw at him damn near religiously...

Heath won't be starting next year unless someone gets hurt.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ha not so fast my friend. they're already talking up his work ethic in the offseason. apparently he doesn't leave VR at all...24/7 ass kissing of the coaches.

I mean he was an undrafted rookie :manny: I'm willing to cut him a little slack. He was in position to make plays last year, he just didn't make them. And then there's Matt Johnson. Who knows what he will do.

:scusthov: Now B.W. Webb on the other hand :camby:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

you got a good point. i never seen a safety more disrespected on the field than heath last year. what calvin johnson was doing to him was the basketball equivalent of pippen mashing on ewing, putting his nuts in his face and pushing him to the ground. in the word's of killa cam, "the shyt was disgusting".

ME personally, i'm not a big fan of ha ha dix. i love pryor and love the kid san fran got, ward from NIU. that team knows how to draft.

we would have reached there for a DE or DT. some like hageman aren't scheme fits. luckily there's a lot of dline depth with 2nd and 3rd round grades this draft so we need to get one today, maybe two or a linebacker.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
according to the player grades on PFF. Travis Frederick was one of the best centers in the league last year. Got a negative grade on pass blocking, but his run blocking was literally some of the best in the NFL. On pace to become a pro bowler. PFF also gave Tyron Smith a high grade, he's emerged as a pro-bowler and last season was his best. Our line is about to be filthy. having Free at the other tackle isnt so bad anymore.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
man please get off Ha Ha.. Alabama players (except Julio) havent produced in the NFL as of late. sorry

Safety in the NFL isnt the same as in the past. You need really a big corner in the safety position. Since they've eliminated the big HIT across the middle, no need for the big hitting safety. Safetys now need to be good enough to cover TE's and the deep ball..