Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
so that's why we go o line and build around a 34 year old qb right, instead of either drafting on defense or actually getting a young qb who we actually have time to build around
The draft got y'all going wild acting like even if when Romo gone we don't need a good line after that. We definitely need D but saying we don't need a line to build around Romo is crazy like that line retires when he does

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'll say tis tho, I still think Aaron Murray is a good QB that is being slept on.

I say draft him later or if Bridgewater is still there next round get him. He can learn from Romo a year or two

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He COULD be a bust, but then again he might not be. We have a known factor with Romo. What have we gotten other than one appearance in the second round of the playoffs with him?
its not just on him, the d been the sorriest part of our team the last few years.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
He COULD be a bust, but then again he might not be. We have a known factor with Romo. What have we gotten other than one appearance in the second round of the playoffs with him?
I dont think he would have lasted this long if he had the procedures you think he had done :manny:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
0-16 means Jameis Winston with a good young O-Line. :win:
It was a jab at the detroit fan poppin off in here.

But I wouldn't be mad at getting Jameis next year. Although being a Florida alum and all, can't we get another elite QB? :patrice:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
if we go 0 and 16, hopefully that would mean the end of garrett and we can actually draft a qb, although I doubt we'd do that. We'd probably do some other 'romo friendly' move and resign garrett for 4 more years.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
The last 3 years we had a chance to win the division, 2 of the 3 losses were square on the shoulders of the offense, and 1 (Washington) most certainly on Romo
You're on of those guys. How many of those games was he responsible for winning :beli: How many games was the defense the reason we lost :beli: But yeah, Romo is the reason we went 8-8 :dry:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Like I was saying all offseason before the draft, we need our first two picks to be no less than 600-650 lbs combined. That's offensive and defensive linemen. Didn't care which order we took em, long as we got them.

Why reach for a defensive linemen with that 16th pick? And safety plays too far off the ball to take that high (unless he's 1OAK ah la the great Sean Taylor) so we took the best non skills player we could.

There is a small fact that could be huge...Jerry and Co., are making good financial and, most importantly, good TEAM BUILDING moves. The light seems to have come on with 3 straight 8-8 seasons tho I hope

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
You're on of those guys. How many of those games was he responsible for winning :beli: How many games was the defense the reason we lost :beli: But yeah, Romo is the reason we went 8-8 :dry:

He's a big part of why we went 8 and 8. Every year, we rearrange all of the chairs except 2, which is Garrett and Romo, and every year the results are the same. Mediocrity. The offense was just as big a part of the reason we lost those games as the defense. Look at how many times the offense would barely score during they second half or how many times they three and outted. The D at least had an injury excuse, but the O was near full heath. Supposedly Rob Ryan was the problem and we didn't get enough turnovers, so we got rid of him and he did excellent in New Orleans. We got Kiffen and more turnovers, but now we're still cruising into 8 and 8. There are 2 chairs we haven't touched yet... Rearranging all of the other ones haven't done us any better.