Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
man please get off Ha Ha.. Alabama players (except Julio) havent produced in the NFL as of late. sorry

Safety in the NFL isnt the same as in the past. You need really a big corner in the safety position. Since they've eliminated the big HIT across the middle, no need for the big hitting safety. Safetys now need to be good enough to cover TE's and the deep ball..
:dwillhuh: that's precisely what ha ha dixon is.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh: that's precisely what ha ha dixon is.

Safety is overrated for us. Get a better pass rush and all that other stuff will take care of itself. Alabama/HA HA never looked good against "PASSING" teams anyway.. Im more concerned about Claiborne not being a bust and watching Carr get torched by top notch WR.. but most of that can be alleviated with a stronger pass rush. We need lineman who can apply pressure.. point blank.. fukk that safety shyt.

mofos was screaming and hollering for Barron. well look how that turned out his first couple of years? non factor

SuckFohh

Pro
Daps
this is the night i became a fan...six years old. remember it to this day...there were big thunderstorms in dallas that night and half our lights went out but the tv stayed on. we lit some candles and watched the game in the dark. :wow:
I had the 1 piece power ranger pajama suit on. The red ranger. Moms told me i couldnt have the matching gun cuz she didnt like violence in her house. I used a remote instead and put red and white tape on it so it would match.
I miss those pajamas and i miss those Cowboys
I think somebody is cutting onions in here man.
:to:

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Safety is overrated for us. Get a better pass rush and all that other stuff will take care of itself. Alabama/HA HA never looked good against "PASSING" teams anyway.. Im more concerned about Claiborne not being a bust and watching Carr get torched by top notch WR.. but most of that can be alleviated with a stronger pass rush. We need lineman who can apply pressure.. point blank.. fukk that safety shyt.

mofos was screaming and hollering for Barron. well look how that turned out his first couple of years? non factor

Our whole secondary game is weak. Carr looks lost when he plays above average receivers, Claiborne is a bust in the making, Wilcox and Webb need time but they aren't anything impressive. Church is meh and that cac safety Heath is absolute :trash:

Scandrick is our best player back there which is not saying much.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

:dwillhuh: Breh a good safety is one of the hardest things to find in football...

Heath is a guy who cannot cover and cannot tackle...

And a safety is somebody who is supposed to do both...

Heath was out there getting torched by every slot receiver in the league...

Getting torched by any back coming out the back field...

Getting swallowed up by lead blockers on run plays...

Whiffing on open field tackles...

I honestly don't even know how to grade claiborne and carr because our safeties were so bad...somehow when a pass is thrown claiborne and carr are just out there by themselves...like...where the fukk are heath and church...

I got a 70 inch TV and these dudes are not even on the screen when carr is clining to some dude twice his size for dear life :dwillhuh:

Legit...I would be on the net looking for different camera angles and shyt like "how does a receiver catch a pass and there is no safety within 10 yards of him :dwillhuh:

Meanwhile Dix is a borderline centerfielder who i think is good enough right now to just straight up cover most slot receivers in the league...

having a guy who can't tackle and can't cover at safety is literally leaving a 5 - 7 yard hole in your defense that any offense can just run plays around

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Wtf is a safety gonna do when every team just runs slants on our corners? Lol

All you saw last year was our CB's playing too far off the receiver allowing slants? Lol
Hopefully Marinelli fixes that...
Anyway yall, Hopefully Defensive Line gets addressed tonight..

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We need a wr. I'm not contempt with the receiving corp as is. I'd bring back miles for a contract similar to spencer and Milton...::
This one of the main two get hurt for any big time dudes going to be bytching guaranteed.

Would have taken Ha- Ha Dix and would not have even though about it...I would have called up before we even selected and said "If Ha Ha Dix is there we are taking him"

Like I've been saying, we have the outright worst safety in football in Heath...Dude can't cover for shyt...can't tackle for shyt...that means once a receiver beats our corners he is pretty much gone...that means once a running back get's pass our linebackers he is pretty much gone...

We had arguably the best offensive line in the league last year...we have a glaring weakness on the defensive end, ESPECIALLY at the safety and DT position...i don't understand why you come out the gate enhancing something that is already a strength in the Oline, and neglecting something that is a major weakness like safety and defensive tackle...for me safety way more than defensive tackle because I think Heath is just that bad...I think he is hands down the worst safety in football...

There were stretches last year where offenses just ran at him and threw at him damn near religiously...
The O line was better but couldn't even get no tough yards. Like Ive heard on various Dallas shows if the Boys didn't do that Murray play the O line might have gotten killed more for not being able to score from an inch away in Washington and other times during the year with short yardage(Detroit anyone). It didn't happen like that so most of us forget but maybe Jerry and them didn't.

I mean he was an undrafted rookie :manny: I'm willing to cut him a little slack. He was in position to make plays last year, he just didn't make them. And then there's Matt Johnson. Who knows what he will do.

:scusthov: Now B.W. Webb on the other hand :camby:
Matt Johnson :russ: dude is mr glass I wouldn't trust dude to get water without being hurt and Webb ill just hope that was rookie nerves because if not he done.

Im shocked at how bad Webb was last year...Dude looked lost out there :facepalm:
Yeah hoping that's just rookie shyt

I love Wilcox.. I dont love Church... He's the one I want replaced
Church the best one must be talking about Church on your madden franchise.

Cowboys make a sensible pick, and I just KNEW it would be pandemonium in this thread.

:lolbron:
Yeah sounds about right

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Here's another positive review of Martin, and he's got plenty.

Coach Jeff Fisher confirmed the Rams tried trading back into the first round for G/T Zack Martin, who went to the Cowboys at No. 16 overall.

The Rams were talking with the Ravens, who held the 17th overall pick. "It would have been pricey but worth it," said Fisher. St. Louis is dead set on shoring up its offensive line. They have zero depth up front and could still stand to upgrade at center and right tackle. The Rams hold the Nos. 44 and 75 picks on Friday.

Building a dominant line on either side of the ball is never a problem. Now they just gotta do something about the defense. Won't have a good defense overnight, but shouldn't be hard to improve on last year.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We got the opportunity to take a guy like Nix, Jernigan, or Demarcus Lawrence with our 2nd pick.

That, combined with forming GOAT oline, and only in first two rounds of draft :whew:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
We got the opportunity to take a guy like Nix, Jernigan, or Demarcus Lawrence with our 2nd pick.

That, combined with forming GOAT oline, and only in first two rounds of draft :whew:
I want Jernigan. He wants to be a Cowboy and he had a first round grade from a lot of scouts. Him and a motivated Melton in the middle of our Dline :wow: