Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Did ya'll not see what happened to this franchise after Aikman :mindblown:
So you would rather we roll the dice on a QB to back up Romo for the next 3-4 years in HOPES of him actually panning out and living up to the hype to be our QB in 2018? All of this assuming he's not a bust, which is no guarantee he's not..

Rather than take a widely regarded GEM olineman who is a day 1 starter and contributes NOW and for the next 5-10 years, allowing us to not have to worry about the entire oline for that time period?

Sorry breh, I don't follow that train of thought at all. :yeshrug:

We building football teams. NOW. Not depth charts for possible 2018 scenarios

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
you know That one of those "back surgeries" was to remove a cyst on is back right?? :wtf: Thats fukkin nothing man yall niccas kill me...Stop watching ESPN

So they say, but word out of Dallas was that the "cyst" that had to be removed also involved his spine as well. fukk ESPN. Just look at his make up and tell me does he looks like he's in any condition to last an entire NFL season - forget the playoffs at this point. I've seen this story countless times over. Romo will get hurt again, play through whatever injury he sustains, get praised for "being a warrior" and the team will suffer because of it :snoop:.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
So you would rather we roll the dice on a QB to back up Romo for the next 3-4 years in HOPES of him actually panning out and living up to the hype to be our QB in 2018? All of this assuming he's not a bust, which is no guarantee he's not..

Rather than take a widely regarded GEM olineman who is a day 1 starter and contributes NOW and for the next 5-10 years, allowing us to not have to worry about the entire oline for that time period?

Look ya'll are gonna stop with 3-4 years crap, Romo isn't playing 3 or 4 more years. He'll be lucky to get through this season. But I'm gonna be sure to bookmark all these posts so we can revisit them again after another 8-8 season lead by ya'lls QB tony romo

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
He's not a sure thing, but he's certainly better than what we have with Romo. Romo is 34 years old and he's only had TWO playoff appearances. We've done everything on this team to make it more Romo-friendly, and yet we've cruised into three straight 8 and 8 seasons. Anyone think that we might need to start changing the constants, which are either Garrett or Romo?

Romo gets knocked out the game, and then what? At least with Manziel, we could have him developing behind Romo and if Romo gets knocked out, we have a viable option. We haven't gotten anywhere with Romo and we're certainly not getting anywhere with Orton and Weeden.
A guy who has taken 0 NFL snaps is better than Romo, now? Romo gets knocked out of the game, and you're comfortable handing the reins to a gun-slinging rookie. Wow.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did ya'll not see what happened to this franchise after Aikman :mindblown:
That was mostly campo and Jj. Parcells came in right away with roughly the squad and got them to playoffs.

You see with fukking romo, whose a decent qb, that none of that matters if u losing the battle in the trenches and have incompetence on the sidelines.

Do u really want to waste the prime of another good qb for the next 5 years when we conclude the romo era, cuz I don't. I want to see the cowboys win In my lifetime.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps

we're going to be wasting that o-line by having a qb that'll be 37 in 3 years throwing behind it with back problems NOW. If you're rebuilding for the future, you snatch a quality qb, especially when one falls to you like manziel. That way you have someone who will actually make use of that o-line. I don't see why anyone is getting excited about murray and the run game when Garrett doesn't run the ball and Murray can be injury prone.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Yall really think Manziel was worth taking? Romo and Him in the same locker room? Yall thought T.O. or Dez Bryants little spouts got negative coverage, the minute Romo had a bad game media would be calling for a Johnny to be put in. It would be a Tebow situation waiting to happen.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
A guy who has taken 0 NFL snaps is better than Romo, now? Romo gets knocked out of the game, and you're comfortable handing the reins to a gun-slinging rookie. Wow.

absolutely
gun slinging 20 year old > gun slinging 34 year old with 2 play off apperances and 1 victory in nearly a decade

at least with manziel, you have the HOPE that things will be different. We already improved our o line last year with frederick and waters for what little time he was in and yet we still went 8 and 8. Maybe it's time we start changing some of the only constant elements on the team... what next, time to fire the water boy to make the team more romo friendly?

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
So they say, but word out of Dallas was that the "cyst" that had to be removed also involved his spine as well. fukk ESPN. Just look at his make up and tell me does he looks like he's in any condition to last an entire NFL season - forget the playoffs at this point. I've seen this story countless times over. Romo will get hurt again, play through whatever injury he sustains, get praised for "being a warrior" and the team will suffer because of it :snoop:.
My dude if he had a cyst on his shine/spinal cord he would be out for a year... Relax and watch us cook :camby:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Yall really think Manziel was worth taking? Romo and Him in the same locker room? Yall thought T.O. or Dez Bryants little spouts got negative coverage, the minute Romo had a bad game media would be calling for a Johnny to be put in. It would be a Tebow situation waiting to happen.

that's what romo needs is competition. Philly got a new coach and fole beat out vicks and they make the playoffs. We build the team around romo and cruise into a 3rd straight 8 and 8 season. We've been beat by ALL of our division rivals in a critical game that would decide if they would make the play-offs. Giants, Eagles, and Redskins.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I know OVO Johnny got a massive hype train going, and I enjoy watching him, but was the real logical choice here picking a QB? At 16? When we have a QB only 1 year into a 6 year 100mil deal? And we have all these issues on defense, with a revolving door at the 3 oline positions that Tyron and Travis don't man? Make no mistake, Bryan Waters is done and Doug Free is gone after this year...

We worry about finding a QB after Romo after Romo... When a guy like Zack Martin, who's a top 10 talent, drops to you and fills a need, it's a logical move to take him.

Nobody on defense was worth taking at 16.

It's this type of thinking that landed y'all with nobody for several years after Aikman went out.

Testaverde, Brad Johnson, Aaron Brooks, Bledsoe, who else? only dude decent was Quincy Carter.

Romo was complete luck and that luck is running out.