Next Man Up: Dallas Cowboys War Room Draft Thread

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Romo is over a decade of Manziel's elder - even older then that when you factor in the multiple back surgeries :snoop:. At least start to plug in all of the fukkin holes on defense if you didn't want to take Manziel in the first. Jesus Christ.
Yeah, I've been saying draft a safety since Roy Williams (31) fell off.

But, just imagine Romo minus 10 years of NFL experience :lupe:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
if you want to really shore up the offensive side of the ball, you take the position that makes the most impact, especially when a guy like manziel falls to you. We could have easily drafted O line or D line in future drafts now that we have our qb to build around. Does anyone really believe tony romo will lead us to the promised land at 34 and after his body is starting to wear down?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
What does he do well? This isn't draft a player off flair. We need a legit QB with tools. Manziel isn't the answer

So we can't run the ball more? Ain't shyt to call run plays, all you have to do is run it.

Don't nobody want a 5'11, 170lb scrambling QB...get outta here thinking boy was the answer. This shyt chess not checkers .
Need a QB with tools? Then why not draft Birdgewater?

I understand drafting to protect Romo....but 2 back surgeries, out of shape 34-35 yr old QB is NOT gonna get the job done. One more hit could be his last. Then what?

It's no guarantee a QB the caliber of Manziel or Bridgewater will drop to y'all next year

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So when are we going to get a QB to make us a perennial contender? Because Romo aint gonna be here 4 years from now when the defense is fully rebuilt. I guess at that point we'll have given the keys to Brandon Weeden :snoop:
I know OVO Johnny got a massive hype train going, and I enjoy watching him, but was the real logical choice here picking a QB? At 16? When we have a QB only 1 year into a 6 year 100mil deal? And we have all these issues on defense, with a revolving door at the 3 oline positions that Tyron and Travis don't man? Make no mistake, Bryan Waters is done and Doug Free is gone after this year...

We worry about finding a QB after Romo after Romo... When a guy like Zack Martin, who's a top 10 talent, drops to you and fills a need, it's a logical move to take him.

Nobody on defense was worth taking at 16.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
We got this brehs relax
c7mHAZm.png

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
@kevm3 do you think Manziel is a sure thing? He's a gamble at best.

He's not a sure thing, but he's certainly better than what we have with Romo. Romo is 34 years old and he's only had TWO playoff appearances. We've done everything on this team to make it more Romo-friendly, and yet we've cruised into three straight 8 and 8 seasons. Anyone think that we might need to start changing the constants, which are either Garrett or Romo?

Romo gets knocked out the game, and then what? At least with Manziel, we could have him developing behind Romo and if Romo gets knocked out, we have a viable option. We haven't gotten anywhere with Romo and we're certainly not getting anywhere with Orton and Weeden.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Did ya'll not see what happened to this franchise after Aikman :mindblown:

Completelu understandable but bruh.....as much as I like Johnny Football......I just don't know man.....I don't know how good dude going be.....

People were slamming Dallas when they passed on Brady Quinn.....might be the same thing now....might not....have to wait and see....

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
at least this season, we could possibly get the first pick in next year's draft and take jameis winston.