New York Squatter Gets The Homeowner Arrested For Changing Locks 😭😭😭😭

Mega

Superstar
Daps
This might be a stupid question, but how does the squatter prove to the police that they live there?
Fake lease and a utility bill in the squatters name.

Once they have those documents it becomes a civil matter.
It can take months/years to go through the eviction process in court depending on your state.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
shyt like this made me moved closer to the right. If the law changes in the favor of the property owner I can see the libs talking about "the rich is kicking out tenets when they have no where to go!". These are loopholes that needs to be patched up. My hispanic friend from high-school use to jump from living house to house every year. I asked him one day why that's the case and he straight up told me his fam pays the initial rent deposit then they would refuse to pay and ride it out as long as they can and move before the owner goes through the eviction process. He also said somthing about there being a law that they cant cant get kicked out during the winter months which extends their stay. That whole fam did a rinse and repate for years. I figured it was somthing seeing as his mom was a single parent and was only a housekeeper and survived with 4 kids.
That's one of the reasons I decided against renting my first home in 2016 when I bought a new one. I don't have the temperament to be a landlord because I get ignorant if somebody try to play with me. I sold the house and then the real estate market caught on fire right after :snoop:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
my husband and I are getting ready to renovate the entire Hollis Queens house and there are tenants on the top floor...we are getting ready for a battle b/c as soon as we notified them to vacate they are going to stop paying and squat.

we are getting an attorney to handle all of that...it is recommended that you get a lawyer never do it yourself...any of the process.

because of this lady's story and many more there is bipartisanship on the bill introduced to define what is a "tenant" b/c on the current law there is no definition and is a loophole