New York Squatter Gets The Homeowner Arrested For Changing Locks šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
and is a homeowner getting arrested for changing his own locks in arizona?

It would depend in part on whether the squatter has lived on the property for three years yet or not. That's all the time they need to legally gain squatter's rights there. I would guess, though, that the landowner knowing that would in most cases either try to beat the clock or deal with it a different legal way.

Edit: Looking into the law more, it depends on jurisdiction and other factors too. In the state of New York, squatter's rights don't come into play until 10 years in. It is only NYC specifically that has a 30-day rule which allowed this situation. But illegal eviction can occur for reasons other than squatter's rights too, if a landlord doesn't follow the proper procedure. In many cases, that would be a civil offense (I think in Arizona the landlord could be fined $50,000 for each offense), but in a few jurisdictions it is a criminal offense.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Lady next door to me had all her shyt put on the curb and she had to leave. Cause they sold the house she was renting. She had lived there for like 20 years.

Does this mean she could have just said "I aint leaving" ?

How does anyone get evicted from anywhere if this squatter shyt is a thing

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
shyt like this made me moved closer to the right. If the law changes in the favor of the property owner I can see the libs talking about "the rich is kicking out tenets when they have no where to go!". These are loopholes that needs to be patched up. My hispanic friend from high-school use to jump from living house to house every year. I asked him one day why that's the case and he straight up told me his fam pays the initial rent deposit then they would refuse to pay and ride it out as long as they can and move before the owner goes through the eviction process. He also said somthing about there being a law that they cant cant get kicked out during the winter months which extends their stay. That whole fam did a rinse and repate for years. I figured it was somthing seeing as his mom was a single parent and was only a housekeeper and survived with 4 kids.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Lady next door to me had all her shyt put on the curb and she had to leave. Cause they sold the house she was renting. She had lived there for like 20 years.

Does this mean she could have just said "I aint leaving" ?

How does anyone get evicted from anywhere if this squatter shyt is a thing
Why would she rent a house for 20 years?