DR
20130502-WBURG-slide-7AEQ-superJumbo.jpg

he's back :mjpls:

dotherightthingjordans_std.original.jpg

:sas2:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
NYC's energy is unparalleled. Yea it changed. Thats the whole point. It's always changing.

I don't like that blacks got pushed out. But nikkas thinkin it should be 88-94 forever are fukking idiots.
No one is thinking that. That's you wanting us to think that because you walked around timid thinking it was 88-94 when living there.

Most of us living there wanted the same services carpet baggers moving their now receive. But let someone like you tell it, we were quiet about it and want to live through shoot outs every day.

The number of locks on the doors of people living in That part of Brooklyn from 88 to 94 tell a different story

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
lmao the streets not being 'real' enough are not the issue when it comes to gentrification.
I don't know what's so hard about people to get about this.

I'm not even mad.

No one wants to live in shytty neighborhoods.
Because that's the only aspect of gentrification, right?

for real. dudes getting mad that the areas are now safe and hospitable and not filled with crime and drugs? as if that's a bad thing? you can walk in those areas at night and not worried about getting robbed. :snoop: i swear, a lot of black people need to change their thinking.

why are the black people being "pushed out"? because they can't afford to live there, correct? why can everyone else that lives there afford it? because they have jobs that allow them to. so, why can't the black people get their money up? why can't they get better jobs? better education? why can't they start their own businesses? when are we going to take responsibility for our own situation? i'm not mad at the people who can afford to live in these gentrified areas. it only makes me hustle harder so i can live in nice areas, too. :yeshrug:
I was going to debate you on your first quote, but then I read your second one. I'm afraid I can't help you. I am starting to wonder about all the black power rhetoric you espouse now when you're able to simply the issue so greatly.

only on coli do people complain about gentrification
Then you probably ought to get off the coli and talk to more people.

Cry over improvement brehs
Improvement for who, and at what cost?
Answer me that.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
So what are we upset about exactly? The fact that's it's cleaned up, safer, and more whites have moved into the area? or blacks being priced out of the areas and being moved out of neighborhoods that was once theirs?
It's not the gentrification. It's the displacement.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Anywhere I go in the city I'm surrounded by white people. My block 7 years ago was full of blacks.... Now there's so many whites here I gotta do a double take. :snoop:
I look at them like :what: they look at me like :whistle:
shyt is sad.

I know exactly what you mean. Its the main reason I have no desire to move back to NYC. Bedford ave uses be 100% black (Ricans are black too :ufdup:) seeing that picture makes me not even wanna visit family anymore :huhldup:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Y'all stay talking about New York like it's the only place to live. Geesh.

Certain areas were all black. Growing up I rarely ran into white people. I was surrounded by dudes from the Caribbean and Africa. Seeing a white person in BK used to have you like :dahell:

Last time I went I saw a white family walking their dog down flatbush ave. shyt made my heart hurt to see that :to:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
for real. dudes getting mad that the areas are now safe and hospitable and not filled with crime and drugs? as if that's a bad thing? you can walk in those areas at night and not worried about getting robbed. :snoop: i swear, a lot of black people need to change their thinking.

People aren't upset because the streets are safe. They're upset because they got rid of all of the black people dummy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People aren't upset because the streets are safe. They're upset because they got rid of all of the black people dummy.
And how did they get rid of the black people? :what: there are black people who live there. If you mean they got rid of the blacks who can't afford it, tough shyt. This kind of thinking is the definition of hustling backwards. The higher rent should motivate blacks to work hard - not whine about not being able to afford it. :snoop:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Buy raising the rent there and kicking the black people out. Yea it's gonna be "safe" but the culture/soul is gonna be gone. And my girl want us to move there :mjpls: