Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
HOE-GAN UP IN THE BOROUGHS LIKE

hulk-hogan-01-630-75.jpg

NEW YORK LOST BREHS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Daps
People aren't upset because the streets are safe. They're upset because they got rid of all of the black people dummy.

It's not that they got rid of the black people.

It's that demand went up. So these landlords adjust accordingly.

If hey reject applicants with bad credit bad finances and hike up the rent to reflect what the market allows them, who are you to tell them to do different.

Them displacing black people is just collateral damage. It just so happens blacks are on the bottom of the totem pole. Cause if you're black and can drop the 20% down on that 1.5MM carriage house in Clinton Hill, you will be there.

I don't like it, chiefly cause we lost such great neighborhoods like Fort Greene and Clinton Hill. But he inhabitants who sat there and did nothing for 20 years, and the older blacks who did own and quickly sold to Jews once the value went up, they are to blame and cannot complain:manny:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
No one is thinking that. That's you wanting us to think that because you walked around timid thinking it was 88-94 when living there.

Most of us living there wanted the same services carpet baggers moving their now receive. But let someone like you tell it, we were quiet about it and want to live through shoot outs every day.

The number of locks on the doors of people living in That part of Brooklyn from 88 to 94 tell a different story
Hit dogs holler. And lol @ your wild projections, I said none of these things.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was going to debate you on your first quote, but then I read your second one. I'm afraid I can't help you. I am starting to wonder about all the black power rhetoric you espouse now when you're able to simply the issue so greatly.

sometimes, the most complex issues can be simplified for clarity. how does what i'm saying in this thread conflict my usual pro-black posts throughout the coli? black people have no right to whine about gentrification. it improves neighborhoods that were once mired in poverty. you now have places where families can be raised without fear of rampant crime, where children can play and grow up in a healthy fashion, where young professionals can live and feel comfortable. how is that anti-black? the problem with people like you is, you don't believe black people can live like that. you're of the mind that it's impossible for black people to make a living that provides them the opportunity to reside in these gentrified neighborhoods. you think that the displacement of poor blacks from these neighborhoods means that gentrification is inherently racist.

and that is bullshyt. :camby: because there are black professionals who can afford to live in these neighborhoods and they do. i know them. what makes them different? maybe they made better choices in their lives that allowed them to have the money required to live in these neighborhoods. i don't fault them for that. i fault the black underclass for continually whining about their condition without doing anything about it. i'm tired of it, and so are millions of other black people.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Brooklyn is finished.

Bronx still hanging in there but who knows for how long
Not much longer...its only a matter of time before that Riverdale neighborhood spills into Fordham.

Dudes are going to have to set up shop in Far Rockaway Queens...that's probably the roughest neighborhood in the whole city right now.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Last time I was in NYC, I did some shoe shopping up on Fordham and made the :dahell:face quite a few times seeing people who looked like:leostare:.

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only color gentrification knows is green. Is it also gentrification when poor Hispanics over say 20 years take over a neighborhood and start opening restaurants and other businessneses? Group economics makes it harder to get infiltrated, cause the neihborhood is going get claimed by those who put the most into it.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
sometimes, the most complex issues can be simplified for clarity. how does what i'm saying in this thread conflict my usual pro-black posts throughout the coli? black people have no right to whine about gentrification. it improves neighborhoods that were once mired in poverty. you now have places where families can be raised without fear of rampant crime, where children can play and grow up in a healthy fashion, where young professionals can live and feel comfortable. how is that anti-black? the problem with people like you is, you don't believe black people can live like that. you're of the mind that it's impossible for black people to make a living that provides them the opportunity to reside in these gentrified neighborhoods. you think that the displacement of poor blacks from these neighborhoods means that gentrification is inherently racist.

and that is bullshyt. :camby: because there are black professionals who can afford to live in these neighborhoods and they do. i know them. what makes them different? maybe they made better choices in their lives that allowed them to have the money required to live in these neighborhoods. i don't fault them for that. i fault the black underclass for continually whining about their condition without doing anything about it. i'm tired of it, and so are millions of other black people.
In the spirit of actual debate, I'm going to retract on one claim. I shouldn't have implied that your beliefs on this issue negates, or contradicts, the love you say you have for black people. That being said, I don't think you and many people get it when you say
"black people have no right to whine about gentrification. it improves neighborhoods that were once mired in poverty. you now have places where families can be raised without fear of rampant crime,"

Are we forgetting the factors that contribute to those societal issues, or are black people to be blamed for that to? Are we going to act as if certain neighborhoods weren't underrepresented, underfunded, and lacked the support that is being seen now? Let's be real. I'm not going to act as if a lack of collective black action isn't too blame, but to make it appear as if this is solely on us when it isn't is intellectually dishonest. Let's not act as if white flight, institutionalized racism, Rockefeller Drug Laws, the crack epidemic, shytty schools, and a number of other factors didn't play some part.

And another thing, this:
"i fault the black underclass for continually whining about their condition without doing anything about it. i'm tired of it, and so are millions of other black people."
shytting on this "underclass" is going to do what already? What are you going to do? Sweep them all under the rug?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Not much longer...its only a matter of time before that Riverdale neighborhood spills into Fordham.

Dudes are going to have to set up shop in Far Rockaway Queens...that's probably the roughest neighborhood in the whole city right now.

Riverdale won't connect to Fordham. It hasn't even spilled into Marble Hill.

I've lived in this Kingsbridge area for almost 2 decades. It's not as if there's a ton that needs to be upgraded, but good luck getting good property value out of all those giant hills and the Deegan. The best cause for concern could be the new Ice Skating Rink at the Armory