New York City In 2014

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the spirit of actual debate, I'm going to retract on one claim. I shouldn't have implied that your beliefs on this issue negates, or contradicts, the love you say you have for black people. That being said, I don't think you and many people get it when you say
"black people have no right to whine about gentrification. it improves neighborhoods that were once mired in poverty. you now have places where families can be raised without fear of rampant crime,"

Are we forgetting the factors that contribute to those societal issues, or are black people to be blamed for that to? Are we going to act as if certain neighborhoods weren't underrepresented, underfunded, and lacked the support that is being seen now? Let's be real. I'm not going to act as if a lack of collective black action isn't too blame, but to make it appear as if this is solely on us when it isn't is intellectually dishonest. Let's not act as if white flight, institutionalized racism, Rockefeller Drug Laws, the crack epidemic, shytty schools, and a number of other factors didn't play some part.

i appreciate you understanding that there needs to be a dialogue. with that said, many of the blacks in those neighborhoods do not participate in group economics. they spend their money on dumb shyt and refuse to look in the mirror. if they pooled their money together and used to aid one another, they could have effected a gentrification that resulted in them being able to remain in their neighborhoods. they could send each other's children to college. they could build businesses. that's what they don't understand. they would rather spend their earning power on bullshyt, and when that does nothing to improve their condition, they get mad when whites/asians/latinos come in and reshape their neighborhood into something else, which is what gentrification amounts to.

yes, the war on drugs destroyed our community. yes, racial discrimination made it difficult to move at the same pace as whites. but you know what? racism was felt by asians and latinos, too, yet they worked against it and worked together in their communities. they stuck together and built themselves up, in spite of white supremacy. blacks would rather hate one another instead of working together. we are perpetual crabs in a bucket. and that's why it's difficult for me to feel sorry for those who are displaced from the now gentrified hoods they once lived in.

And another thing, this:
"i fault the black underclass for continually whining about their condition without doing anything about it. i'm tired of it, and so are millions of other black people."
shytting on this "underclass" is going to do what already? What are you going to do? Sweep them all under the rug?

i don't think i'm shytting on the black underclass. i'm just asking them to take some measure of responsibility for their condition. don't treat their plight as if it is entirely the result of racism. they make stupid decisions and then expect us to clean up the predictable mess that results from it.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Worst thread I've seen on the Coli in a minute. OP thinks he real slick posting pics of hipsters & lying about their locations. Yes certain parts of Harlem, Brooklyn & Queens have be invaded by those bright colored wearing f*cking hipsters, but their are still plenty of places that are grimey & crime stats are high. At lot of you Coli cats get this misconception like the OP has. Go walk up Lenox near 140, or go to any projects in the Bx and see if you won't get your sh*t split trying to act tough.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
i appreciate you understanding that there needs to be a dialogue. with that said, many of the blacks in those neighborhoods do not participate in group economics. they spend their money on dumb shyt and refuse to look in the mirror. if they pooled their money together and used to aid one another, they could have effected a gentrification that resulted in them being able to remain in their neighborhoods. they could send each other's children to college. they could build businesses. that's what they don't understand. they would rather spend their earning power on bullshyt, and when that does nothing to improve their condition, they get mad when whites/asians/latinos come in and reshape their neighborhood into something else, which is what gentrification amounts to.

yes, the war on drugs destroyed our community. yes, racial discrimination made it difficult to move at the same pace as whites. but you know what? racism was felt by asians and latinos, too, yet they worked against it and worked together in their communities. they stuck together and built themselves up, in spite of white supremacy. blacks would rather hate one another instead of working together. we are perpetual crabs in a bucket. and that's why it's difficult for me to feel sorry for those who are displaced from the now gentrified hoods they once lived in.

i don't think i'm shytting on the black underclass. i'm just asking them to take some measure of responsibility for their condition. don't treat their plight as if it is entirely the result of racism. they make stupid decisions and then expect us to clean up the predictable mess that results from it.
I agree that we need to do all those things. We do need to get our collective mind right. That much we agree on. Respect. :salute: