New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
If you are still here in Atlanta hell yea you can be involved. We're going to need features extras for the next episode, which we have tentative plans to shoot in january. Once I get all the details in order I'll keep you posted

I still.live in the Macon area but I'd be down to drive up. Just let me know.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Who's on your writing team?

There is no writing team, it's all me. I also wrote the promo tags which will begin premiering soon and I am currently working on the treatment for the official trailer.

@Ziggiy what was your MOTIVATION behind this series? and what are you aiming to get out of it?

My motivation for the series was that I was tired of seeing black men portrayed in television and film as unemployed man-children who somehow make it to their late 20's-early 30's before it dawns on them that they have to be productive in life. I also wanted to explore what I feel are the untapped stories of those of us within the black community who sacrifice the more creative aspects of our personalities to fit within the preconceived notion of what it means to be "progressive" as member of black society. A sizeable portion of young black people I know who are lawyers, businessmen, doctors, etc. have felt as if they have been pushed into these professions to maintain the status quo of "The Talented Tenth", while they personally yearn to try something more creative. However there is a real stigma attached to the "there needs to be more doctors/teachers/engineer as opposed to Rappers/actors/singers" way of thinking. I want to explore what it feels like to slowly. Real free of these mental chains, while simultaneously expressing themes of love, support, pride, and learning amongst young black people.

As far what I want to get out of it. Honestly man all I want is to tell a dope story that black people will like and support. I really want to finish the entire first season of 6 episodes and get enough support to where I can do a second season.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
There is no writing team, it's all me. I also wrote the promo tags which will begin premiering soon and I am currently working on the treatment for the official trailer.

My motivation for the series was that I was tired of seeing black men portrayed in television and film as unemployed man-children who somehow make it to their late 20's-early 30's before it dawns on them that they have to be productive in life. I also wanted to explore what I feel are the untapped stories of those of us within the black community who sacrifice the more creative aspects of our personalities to fit within the preconceived notion of what it means to be "progressive" as member of black society. A sizeable portion of young black people I know who are lawyers, businessmen, doctors, etc. have felt as if they have been pushed into these professions to maintain the status quo of "The Talented Tenth", while they personally yearn to try something more creative. However there is a real stigma attached to the "there needs to be more doctors/teachers/engineer as opposed to Rappers/actors/singers" way of thinking. I want to explore what it feels like to slowly. Real free of these mental chains, while simultaneously expressing themes of love, support, pride, and learning amongst young black people.

As far what I want to get out of it. Honestly man all I want is to tell a dope story that black people will like and support. I really want to finish the entire first season of 6 episodes and get enough support to where I can do a second season.

I do a little work. Would love to be a fly on the wall or perhaps in the soup. I'll definitely be tuning in.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps

Interesting.

As an Arab we have this similar stigma of success being equated to being a doctor/lawyer and I think this is prominent in Eastern culture as well in the Far East for example, albeit without the counter-existence of entering rap/sports as the common alternative.

It's good that you're exposing the relatively unseen. I wish you nothing but the best bro and will do my best to support.