New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
:mjlol: at thecoli shoutout, loving the episode so far,I'm really enjoying seeing that side of ATL that's more working class its really sad its the only outlet so far ive seen showing regular folks in the A
sidebar ArtBarr has been on ignore since they added that feature:dame:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:mjlol: at thecoli shoutout, loving the episode so far,I'm really enjoying seeing that side of ATL that's more working class its really sad its the only outlet so far ive seen showing regular folks in the A
sidebar ArtBarr has been on ignore since they added that feature:dame:

Yes that's what I made my mission to portray. Atlanta isn't all trap and hustling (though that is a facet of the city) and Stone Mountain is 75% black, mostly working class people trying to better their lives.

I planned that Coli mention for awhile. I love y'all and I figured someone like @Art Barr who whether you love him or hate him, is a Sohh/Coli staple, was the perfect poster to mention. EVERYONE knows who he is.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I'm just catching up now. So far, I appreciate the earnestness of it - @Ziggiy - it seems like you write like you post :obama:

One addition that I think the episodes might benefit from - it's actually a minor - is a 'Previously On....' at the beginning - Just to illuminate the themes in each week's episode, and how you laid the groundwork for them in the past. Scripting ain't easy - it's little things like that I feel, will help shine a light on your writing - and to help us 'no short term memory' having dudes :mjcry:

Other than that - Salutes for putting your money where your mouth is. It's inspiring to see :qbsalute:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm just catching up now. So far, I appreciate the earnestness of it - @Ziggiy - it seems like you write like you post :obama:

One addition that I think the episodes might benefit from - it's actually a minor - is a 'Previously On....' at the beginning - Just to illuminate the themes in each week's episode, and how you laid the groundwork for them in the past. Scripting ain't easy - it's little things like that I feel, will help shine a light on your writing - and to help us 'no short term memory' having dudes :mjcry:

Other than that - Salutes for putting your money where your mouth is. It's inspiring to see :qbsalute:

Appreviate you bro.

Yes what you see (read) is definitely what you get when it comes to me. I try to be authentic as possible in all of my work.

I considered doing "previously on" pieces and i still might but my director and a couple of the producers made the point that in today's streaming generation that it's not necessary. If we meet our crowdfunding goal and are able to go back into production it'll be something I go back to and seriously consider.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New interview conducted by the homie @Majestic :salute:

Excerpt

Whats the meaning behind the name and overall the show?
Blue Collar Hustle, on its surface, is about people striving to make it the old fashioned way. Through hard work and dedication. The deeper exploration is the Hustle that young black millennials find themselves doing in order to adjust to the world after graduating college or leaving their parents homes. How do you survive in a world where presenting the best version of yourself every day might still not be good enough? How do you live up to the legacies of your ancestors who marched, protested, and died so that you could have a fighting chance at equality? How do you reconcile your career with your aspirations? How do you measure up to the ideal of black excellence? Is your hustle THE hustle that’s going to get you on you the right path?

Link to full interview below

Blue Collar Hustle Creator Alonge Hawes – Exclusive Interview

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Ziggiy said Coli is the greatest site where black minds connect:myman:

...got a little heavy during the PIGS Brutality discussion:wow:

It's good to see another facet of US than the same ol' hood folks stereotype, tho:salute:

Last edited:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
@Ziggiy I watched the 'A Creator's Perspective' video earlier on today. :wow: You're a genius forreal. Nice to see the subscribers count up from yesterday.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Props to @Abogado for the interview!

Excerpt

SCRIBE: There are many derogatory terms used to describe certain individuals who are perceived to be “too pro-black” or “misguidedly pro-black.” The most notable is “hotep.” In other shows, these individuals provide comic relief. Here, it is a central tenet. Given the show’s references to “staying woke” and various features in African and African-American history, do you worry about gaining the “hotep” label and do you think that term has any credence at all?

HAWES: Those who would dare to brand the series, and the message behind it, as “Hotep” are fools. I do not suffer fools, I do not waste time on what fools may think or try to label the show, as they cannot wrap their minds around black progression. The burden is on them to educate themselves, not on me to appeal to them.

Full interview link