New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
why does this warrant a AMA

There are many young black creatives right here on the Coli who have phenomenal ideas but no reckoning on how to go about making their dreams reality. I myself was partially inspired by @True Blue Moon and the thread he created chronicling the creation of his own web series. If my experiences in creating, writing, and producing my own series can in ANY way assist another fellow black creative, then that is my way of trying to give back

Last edited:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
source.gif
giphy_s.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Oh and my only question is how'd you pull all this together homie? I never even thought about doing my pilot idea as a web series but it's clearly a route I need to think about

The name "Blue Collar Hustle" has been with me since I was about 20 years old. I'd be on the Marta train/bus going back and forth from work all hours of the day/night. During one of these late night journeys, I thought to myself whimsically that if I ever became a rapper I'd name my first album The Composition, and the album cover would have a a Composition notebook with a pen bleeding blood onto its pages. The second album I'd name Blue Collar Hustle, and it would kind of be J.Cole meets Common type of music. Of course I never became a rapper lol, but the title stuck with me.

Last year when I became an Assistant Manager at Best Buy. I met Quentin Williams, who was only a part time associate during this period. He worked hard, but he was ALWAYS trying to get me to listen to his demo because we talked about Hip Hop all the time. If you've ever lived in Atlanta, EVERYONE is trying to get on as a rapper or singer, you get passed mixtapes every damn day. So I always brushed him off, but one day he gave me a flash drive and I was bored in bed and I decided on a whim to give it a listen. It was actually REALLY good! So me and another guy, Roberto Cruz linked up with him and helped him release the album. He raps under the name Que-Brick and the album is called A Souldier Story and it's available on iTunes, Tidal, and Google Play

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/ziggiy1/media/Mobile Uploads/D7DD5AAD-154E-4A9F-8C28-3529E47FDEAE_zpsnyqmshhe.png.html] [/URL]

Now for those of you who have recorded and released music independently, it's a grind unlike ANYTHING you could imagine. The web series is a semi-autobiographical account of what it took to release the album, but that is just the surface. I want to explore the lives and mindset of young black working class men and women who are attempting to live by the concept of the talented tenth. To be the total opposite of what society at large says we represent. Every young black male is a rapper, actor, trapper or ball payer; is what they say. So what are the lives like of those black people who reject those notions in an effort to define themselves as "the good ones", even when it means that they have to suppress the creative parts of their very soul? What happens when the idealism and determination of one person awakens the dormant creativity and talent of the other? Can you work a 9-5 while having other ambitions? Can these ambitions put food on the table and diapers on a newborn baby? Can you survive the very racist and exclusionary cooperate grind while still maintaining your sense of cultural identity? Can you survive the Blue Collar Hustle?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Meet our Director

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/ziggiy1/media/Mobile Uploads/1AE62D00-E638-4453-BA2B-D6DA73B4A200_zpskyzhrmck.png.html] [/URL]

Geoffrey Henderson was born 1976 in Berlin Germany.

Very early in his life he discovered his passion for creative things, when he was about 10 years he had a great desire to perform in front of his family singing while using a flashlight as a microphone. As the years went by he started to have a desire of becoming a rapper. In the age of 16 he started to write his first lyrics and started rapping on other artists beats. In the age between 17 - 19 he was performing in German Clubs, Jams and Rap Competition and even joined a Hip Hop Band called ( Die Spreepatinten) In 1998 Geoffrey Henderson started to become very independent with music, buying his first keyboard and staring to learn the ways of hip hop making his own sounds and beats. In 1999 he created his first album called (Die Verleitung zu Myst) German language. Many other albums followed as he started producing many songs, and beats. 6 other albums in which he also had other artist from Germany and U.S sing their vocals as well. Geoffrey Henderson Started to become a producer more than an artist wanting to be in charge of the music and giving other artist the opportunity to stand in front of the mice and performing their own creative style. In 2003 Geoffrey Henderson became very interested in video and film production when he bought his first little camera. He was enthusiast of creating multiple little clips of movies and also became an actor that way. In 2004 Geoffrey Changed his live after he became a born again Christian having an desire to do great things for God with his creative talents. He started writing a script called Hiding Place in 2005 and was in a process of making a big future film with more that 70 actors in it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah.

I mean props that you are doing your thing @Ziggiy but doing a AMA before you even film it is a little :sean_:
I'll watch it when it comes out tho.

Again this is for people who want to follow the journey from its inception, and anyone who has any questions about what it took to even get this far. Believe me, it took a lot more than just waking up and saying "let's shoot a web series!" To get this far into it. When I first started conceptualizing it I had many questions that I had to go to many different sources to piece together exactly what it takes to make it happen. Some coli posters like @True Blue Moon and @ghostwriterx have already successfully launched web series so they helped in answering my questions. But for the rest I had to research and figure it out.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Let me know when you drop a trailer and the pilot.

The first promotional tags for the series will be available in December. I am still deciding on whether or not I want to drop a traditional trailer before the series airs or if I want to little vignettes introducing the characters.. will keep you updated thanks for the support!