New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

...my Coli NEGUS @Ziggiy with that BLACKEXCELLENCE:wow::to::mjcry::blessed:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ajani, Anaya , asha
You need to diversify names a lil bit.

lol someone else told me that. Because of the name meanings and how important they are to the characters I kept them as is but it WAS a discussion that was had earlier

Also the three characters are never in the same scene. Ajani and Asha share scenes and Ajani and Anaya do. But Asha and Anaya are never in the same scene and have two distinct personalities so I feel it will avoid confusion

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
The name "Blue Collar Hustle" has been with me since I was about 20 years old. I'd be on the Marta train/bus going back and forth from work all hours of the day/night. During one of these late night journeys, I though to myself whimsically that if I ever became a rapper I'd name my first album The Composition, and the album cover would have a a Composition notebook with a pen bleeding blood onto its pages. The second album I'd name Blue Collar Hustle, and it would kind of be J.Cole meets Common those of music. Of course I never became a rapper lol, but the title stuck with me.

Last year when I became an Assistant Manager at Best Buy. I met Quentin Williams, who was only a part time associate during this period. He worked hard, but he was ALWAYS trying to get me to listen to his demo because we talked about Hip Hop all the time. If you've ever lived in Atlanta, EVERYONE is trying to get on as a rapper or singer, you get passed mixtapes every damn day. So I always brushed him off, but one day he gave me a flash drive and I was bored in bed and I decided on a whim to give it a listen. It was actually REALLY good! So me and another guy, Roberto Cruz linked up with him and helped him release the album. He raps under the name Que-Brick and the album is called A Souldier Story and it's available on iTunes, Tidal, and Google Play

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/ziggiy1/media/Mobile Uploads/D7DD5AAD-154E-4A9F-8C28-3529E47FDEAE_zpsnyqmshhe.png.html] [/URL]

Now for those of you who have recorded and released music independently, it's a grind unlike ANYTHING you could imagine. The web series is a semi-autobiographical account of what it took to release the album, but that is just the surface. I want to explore the lives and mindset of young black working class men and women who are attempting to live by the concept of the talented tenth. To be the total opposite of what society at large says we represent. Every young black male is a rapper, actor, trapper or ball payer; is what they say. So what are the lives like of those black people who reject those notions in an effort to define themselves as "the good ones", even when it means that they have to suppress the creative parts of their very soul? What happens when the idealism and determination of one person awakens the dormant creativity and talent of the other? Can you work a 9-5 while having other ambitions? Can these ambitions put food on the table and diapers on a newborn baby? Can you survive the very racist and exclusionary cooperate grind while not maintaining your sense of cultural identity? Can you survive the Blue Collar Hustle?
at first I taught you were biting Atlanta but :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
at first I taught you were biting Atlanta but :ohhh:

Yea I initially was a little worried about comparisons but really it's two different stories which just so happen to take place in Atlanta. I actually started writing the initial story outline a month before Atlanta came out and when I watched the first episode I was like :whew: because I knew they'd be nothing alike.

My show will focus on the actual process of what we went through putting out the project, so it'll be more music based. Every episode is titled after a song on the album and follows the song's general theme while still offering a unique narrative. I wanted the album to act as a companion to the series. Also Atlanta is more surreal/dream like in tone while ours follows a more traditional structure. And location wise, Atlanta mostly shoots in East Atlanta whereas Blue Collar Hustle will shoot mostly within our home area of Stone Mountain, with some filming taking place in Norcross. So there will be more than enough of a tonal/narrative difference between the two

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Yea I initially was a little worried about comparisons but really it's two different stories which just so happen to take place in Atlanta. I actually started writing the initial story outline a month before Atlanta came out and when I watched the first episode I was like :whew: because I knew they'd be nothing alike.

My show will focus on the actual process of what we went through putting out the project, so it'll be more music based. Every episode is titled after a song on the album and follows the song's general theme while still offering a unique narrative. I wanted the album to act as a companion to the series. Also Atlanta is more surreal/dream like in tone while ours follows a more traditional structure. And location wise, Atlanta mostly shoots in East Atlanta whereas Blue Collar Hustle will shoot mostly within our home area of Stone Mountain, with some filming taking place in Norcross. So there will be more than enough of a tonal/narrative difference between the two
you should try to link up with the creator of That Guy
Miss Auntie Neen (@MsAuntieNeen) on Twitter

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
you should try to link up with the creator of That Guy
Miss Auntie Neen (@MsAuntieNeen) on Twitter

She is extremely creative and insanely talented. But before you can link up with other creatives you have to prove that you have something to bring to the table. Blue Collar Hustle represents what I'm bringing to the table of black expression and creativity. Hopefully it turns out as I envision it and others will appreciate it as I have appreciated their contributions. It would be an honor to meet her and others like her as a fellow proud person of Collar attempting to shift the narrative of our people

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The first promotional tags for the series will be available in December. I am still deciding on whether or not I want to drop a traditional trailer before the series airs or if I want to little vignettes introducing the characters.. will keep you updated thanks for the support!
tumblr_inline_mu2g3mXLpS1qbu5sa.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Mostly because of time and money my friend. I'm funding this all by myself and can only afford so many shooting days. The scripts that I wrote for the tags are all original scenarios regarding the characters and won't use footage from the actual series. But because they are written to be no more than 20 seconds we can film them in-between actual episode takes. Plus I really wanted to do something more creative than your average trailer so all in all we'll most likely film about 10 tags (including 3 vignettes) across the 6 days we have allotted for shooting

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mostly because of time and money my friend. I'm funding this all by myself and can only afford so many shooting days. The scripts that I wrote for the tags are all original scenarios regarding the characters and won't use footage from the actual series. But because they are written to be no more than 20 seconds we can film them in-between actual episode takes. Plus I really wanted to do something more creative than your average trailer so all in all we'll most likely film about 10 tags (including 3 vignettes) across the 6 days we have allotted for shooting
Gotcha.
As a viewer I would lean more towards the short character profile vignettes over a traditional trailer.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Good luck

what are you shooting with and how many cameras do you use per scene? and what is your method of marketing/promotion?

interested to see this