New warner bros streaming service

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i need to see pricing for this. i already pay $15/month for HBO and am happy with it but for the right price i'll pay more for all that content.

HBO proving once again they are king of content.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
WB makes a Billion a year from Friends through syndication though. The show makes so much money that the main cast are paid 20M, a year since 2004

WB is just hoping this translates into subscriptions..

instead of Netflix paying Warner and getting the re-up on subscriptions... WB hoping those subscriptions come direct .. no middle man..

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
T-Mobile needs subs. Att is like “fukk it we got the subs” att don’t move like that homie. Would love if they did. But until they become the number 4 cell provider in the country, no incentives

I work in strategy in this space. Here are some numbers.

• Verizon Wireless: 158 million subs
  • AT&T Mobility: 155.7 million subs
  • T-Mobile US: 81.3 million subs
  • Sprint Corporation: 54.5 million subs
All we talk about is how Verizon has the rural game on lock and T-Mobile has the urban areas and millennial on lock. AT&T is just #2 in both areas. They got the subs but no brand identity. Nobody mentions Sprint AT ALL.

AT&T is also providing hella incentives as well. They're leveraging this Warner deal to get new subs.

AT&T and Verizon are actually mad at T-Mobile because they keep driving prices down. Nowadays the networks are virtually the same.

AT&T got sued by Sprint for pushing their 5G-evolution service (when it's really just 4G).

There's a LOT going on in this space right now.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:ld:
I rarely rewatch any HBO shows
I never had the itch to go rewatch Fresh Prince or first time watch Friends
Its the original content that will bring me in and I'm really interested to see how many of those originals will be ready for launch
Original content is where Netflix still has the advantage over all these new pop ups

I agree. And this is where Netflix can continue to differentiate themselves. I know the numbers for Friends and The Office on Netflix are high. But is that because it's there already and or do people COME to Netflix to watch it. That's the big question. Would people pay to see old shows? To me the old shows are like the Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster. Yeah it's a nice addition but I'm not going to Red Lobster JUST for that.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Most watched shows on Netflix in 2018, not hard to see why companies are taking their content back

mchd9ob6rj721.jpg

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure but I believe Warner owns most sitcoms that pretty much ever existed I forget where we were having this conversation but it came up and Warner produced damn near everything or had a hand in producing with a third party..

Hey @MartyMcFly I was just thinking.. it's quite possible that AT&T could offer this service for free or at a discount if you got your cell through them.. see how this all fits together?

At&T gave away free Direct TV if you switched a few years ago. So they do stuff like that actually.
For the last few years if you had Att unlimited plan you could HBO Now(or Go, can't remember which) for free. I had it up until last August when I moved out the country

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I agree. And this is where Netflix can continue to differentiate themselves. I know the numbers for Friends and The Office on Netflix are high. But is that because it's there already and or do people COME to Netflix to watch it. That's the big question. Would people pay to see old shows? To me the old shows are like the Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster. Yeah it's a nice addition but I'm not going to Red Lobster JUST for that.

I think I trust HBO's track record over Netflix far as original programming goes. Usually if an HBO show is mediocre it just means it's not classic like Wire or Sopranos. Netflix has a lot of trash... a lot of trash mixed in with the hits..