New warner bros streaming service

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not sure but I believe Warner owns most sitcoms that pretty much ever existed I forget where we were having this conversation but it came up and Warner produced damn near everything or had a hand in producing with a third party..

Hey @MartyMcFly I was just thinking.. it's quite possible that AT&T could offer this service for free or at a discount if you got your cell through them.. see how this all fits together?

Possible but they would more than likely bundle it like they do their phone service. They don’t discount shyt lol. They bundle it and make you think it’s cheaper. It ain’t. That’s why I haven’t bundled my shyt with them. The only benefit I have with them, besides my work discount, is the fact I can stream directvnow on my data plan for free.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Netflix’s other issue is their awful ass algorithm and UI. It’s too hard to find stuff unless you know it’s there.
Man, WTF is up with their algorithm! They swore the thumbs up/down was supposed to create better recommendations for you than the star system, but it's awful, the nuance in actually rating things seemed to work better. It's amazing how far down I can scroll and find shyt that I'd fukk with and they've buried it because they only consider it a 50-60% match.

Add to the fact that the shoehorn their originals or "top" shows into the promos and first 3-4 lists (and have buried the "My List" much further down), I don't get it. I get the majority of this country is white and likes shyt like Friends, but stop recommending that shyt to me when my tastes have proven otherwise :why: :mad:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man, WTF is up with their algorithm! They swore the thumbs up/down was supposed to create better recommendations for you than the star system, but it's awful, the nuance in actually rating things seemed to work better. It's amazing how far down I can scroll and find shyt that I'd fukk with and they've buried it because they only consider it a 50-60% match.

Add to the fact that the shoehorn their originals or "top" shows into the promos and first 3-4 lists (and have buried the "My List" much further down), I don't get it. I get the majority of this country is white and likes shyt like Friends, but stop recommending that shyt to me when my tastes have proven otherwise :why: :mad:

Yeah it’s bad. The recommendations are supposed to be based on what you want and like. But even then just trying to find anything on it is a chore. Unless you know exactly what you’re looking for.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Possible but they would more than likely bundle it like they do their phone service. They don’t discount shyt lol. They bundle it and make you think it’s cheaper. It ain’t. That’s why I haven’t bundled my shyt with them. The only benefit I have with them, besides my work discount, is the fact I can stream directvnow on my data plan for free.

I think if you got T-Mobile then you get Netflix for free. So I'm thinking AT&T could make some sort of "deal" :pachaha:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure but I believe Warner owns most sitcoms that pretty much ever existed I forget where we were having this conversation but it came up and Warner produced damn near everything or had a hand in producing with a third party..

Hey @MartyMcFly I was just thinking.. it's quite possible that AT&T could offer this service for free or at a discount if you got your cell through them.. see how this all fits together?

Warner Bros TV catalogue is ridiculously deep

Friends
Fresh Prince
The West Wing
Shameless
Veronica Mars
E.R.
Martin
The O.C.
The Big Bang Theory
Gilmore Girls
Gossip Girl
Chuck
The Jamie Foxx Show
All the CW DC shows etc.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think if you got T-Mobile then you get Netflix for free. So I'm thinking AT&T could make some sort of "deal" :pachaha:

T-Mobile needs subs. Att is like “fukk it we got the subs” att don’t move like that homie. Would love if they did. But until they become the number 4 cell provider in the country, no incentives

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm hoping they are smart enough to include Cinemax into the fold. Series like Strike Back, The Knick, Warrior, Jett, Banshee, could use the exposure from people who might not subscribe to Cinemax proper.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Warner Bros TV catalogue is ridiculously deep

Friends
Fresh Prince
The West Wing
Shameless
Veronica Mars
E.R.
Martin
The O.C.
The Big Bang Theory
Gilmore Girls
Gossip Girl
Chuck
The Jamie Foxx Show
All the CW DC shows etc.

Think they got Family Matters too but I was wondering about Seinfeld, it's a WB show but co-produced with Castlerock, I think it's on Hulu for the time being but I can see Warner making a move on it if they do indeed own the rights

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Think they got Family Matters too but I was wondering about Seinfeld, it's a WB show but co-produced with Castlerock, I think it's on Hulu for the time being but I can see Warner making a move on it if they do indeed own the rights

They do own Seinfeld. Not sure when it’s deal is up with Hulu. And they own family matters and all those old TGIF shows. Last week they announced they’re in talks to give a lot of them the fuller house treatment, but it’s just talks. Nothing concrete yet

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
T-Mobile needs subs. Att is like “fukk it we got the subs” att don’t move like that homie. Would love if they did. But until they become the number 4 cell provider in the country, no incentives

that ain't ever happening then :russ: I believe them and Verizon are far and away #1 and #2