New warner bros streaming service

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We'll see how that goes, they might just sell off their adult oriented content like they did before. Warner knew what they were doing calling this "HBO MAX" it's a much better name then anything else they could have given it, they know the name HBO is synonymous with excellence. So if the people in charge are intelligent enough to get behind it in that way, then this could be hugely successful..

Yup. I initially didn’t like the name but I get it.

But back to the Disney thing, they were initially developing the high fidelity tv show for it. But then realized it needed to be a bit edgier so they’re putting it on Hulu. Just like they used to do with touchstone pictures and miramax. As long as all the money is going to one place, they’re good

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Do I think Netflix is in trouble? No, not right now. Their subscriber base is so fukkin huge it's ridiculous. But they are losing on nostalgia. Disney and Warner have so much shyt you can go back and watch, Netflix is relying primarily now on their in house produced original content which has been hit and miss.

For every Stranger Things and Narcos there is like 4-5 shows they misfire and none of their movies seem to do well...

I don't know about Amazon and Apple. They have the money but what the hell are they gonna do, they need to produce hits...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do I think Netflix is in trouble? No, not right now. Their subscriber base is so fukkin huge it's ridiculous. But they are losing on nostalgia. Disney and Warner have so much shyt you can go back and watch, Netflix is relying primarily now on their in house produced original content which has been hit and miss.

For every Stranger Things and Narcos there is like 4-5 shows they misfire and none of their movies seem to do well...

I don't know about Amazon and Apple. They have the money but what the hell are they gonna do, they need to produce hits...

Netflix’s other issue is their awful ass algorithm and UI. It’s too hard to find stuff unless you know it’s there. Amazons is only a tad better but amazon has been doing well producing their own shows and getting a hold of a better library of movies than Netflix has. A much better library. So like you said, Netflix needs to rely on nostalgia and the big hit shows. But right now their model is a whole lot of content and hoping someone talks about them and spreads the word. That’s a bad model

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yup. I initially didn’t like the name but I get it.

But back to the Disney thing, they were initially developing the high fidelity tv show for it. But then realized it needed to be a bit edgier so they’re putting it on Hulu. Just like they used to do with touchstone pictures and miramax. As long as all the money is going to one place, they’re good

Price points are going to be a major factor. Some people couldn't justify paying $7 for a DC only streaming service. Just like some people can't justify paying for ESPN+ and shyt like that or DAZN.

It's fine if Disney keeps Hulu separate but they can't gouge the consumer just like HBO.. Are people gonna wanna pay $15 for HBO Now and then another $15 for HBO Max? I don't think so..

I'm pleased to see they smartened up and are combining HBO Max with the DC Streaming Service, I hope they keep it so that I can still read comics.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Here's the whole line-up so far

D_DY6f6XkAIQCUB

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Netflix’s other issue is their awful ass algorithm and UI. It’s too hard to find stuff unless you know it’s there. Amazons is only a tad better but amazon has been doing well producing their own shows and getting a hold of a better library of movies than Netflix has. A much better library. So like you said, Netflix needs to rely on nostalgia and the big hit shows. But right now their model is a whole lot of content and hoping someone talks about them and spreads the word. That’s a bad model

They at least have the name. "Netflix and chill.." etc.. but only so far that can take you. Like I said I think Netflix will be fine for a while because of the huge subs but they need to put together a string of hits. They can't be Ja Rule, they gotta be Jay-Z.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
They at least have the name. "Netflix and chill.." etc.. but only so far that can take you. Like I said I think Netflix will be fine for a while because of the huge subs but they need to put together a string of hits. They can't be Ja Rule, they gotta be Jay-Z.

Who is Netflix Beyonce?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
interesting Netflix bought the rights to Friends but never offered Fresh Prince :mjpls:

like i keep saying, i'm not subscribing to shyt else. the only service i'd like to see is one that brings together 70's-00's black sitcoms and movies...wont happen due to all the studios they'd have to license from, but a black streaming service with the blassics (not the bootleg ass black services that had all that unknown, d-list shyt) would be dope

edit: i also don't see how you settle on HBO Max as the name and not include cinemax...like that's exactly what consumers would think just reading the name alone :dead:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
interesting Netflix bought the rights to Friends but never offered Fresh Prince :mjpls:

like i keep saying, i'm not subscribing to shyt else. the only service i'd like to see is one that brings together 70's-00's black sitcoms and movies...wont happen due to all the studios they'd have to license from, but a black streaming service with the blassics (not the bootleg ass black services that had all that unknown, d-list shyt) would be dope

edit: i also don't see how you settle on HBO Max as the name and not include cinemax...like that's exactly what consumers would think just reading the name alone :dead:

Cinemax is included in it

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully WB stops trying to make the Attack on Titan a movie and instead makes it a show for HBO Max

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I'm not sure but I believe Warner owns most sitcoms that pretty much ever existed I forget where we were having this conversation but it came up and Warner produced damn near everything or had a hand in producing with a third party..

Hey @MartyMcFly I was just thinking.. it's quite possible that AT&T could offer this service for free or at a discount if you got your cell through them.. see how this all fits together?