New Series From Donald Glover ‘Swarm’ starring Dominique Fishback and Damson Idris

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So the worst thing any of the black men did was try to get some pvssy (no rape) and they were killed and viewed as evil.

The white men also tried to get some pvssy, they got to survive AND also got some pvssy.

Interesting. :martin:

Side note: The black men who talked shiit on Twitter were killed, the white lady who talked shiit was never assaulted, she turned her focus to a innocent black man who tried to help her and she manipulated him, eventually locking him in a freezer.

I said the same thing BUT

You gotta keep watching. White women and black women get it too.

She also “Spared” the one black guy who showed her kindness when she broke into his apartment.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the worst thing any of the black men did was try to get some pvssy (no rape) and they were killed and viewed as evil.

The white men also tried to get some pvssy, they got to survive AND also got some pvssy.

Side note: The black men who talked shiit on Twitter were killed, the white lady who talked shiit was never assaulted, she turned her focus to a innocent black man who tried to help her and she manipulated him, eventually locking him in a freezer.

Keep watching, but if the white dude said something bad about Ni’Jah he would’ve gotten it too.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I watched this shyt the other day. It took me a minute to realize the swarm was the Bey hive. :mjlol: Show was good though. Straight comedy. I thought it was going to be some other shyt, but when it finally showed what it really was it was like a whole season of one of those random "Atlanta" episodes.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said the same thing BUT

You gotta keep watching. White women and black women get it too.

She also “Spared” the one black guy who showed her kindness when she broke into his apartment.
I watched the whole thing. I don’t call that sparing the breh because people legit die by being locked in walk-in freezers.

The person she spared was the white lady in the elevator who she should have also killed if she was keeping the same energy.

She killed the white girls cause they took her phone and tried to force her in a cult. The black men ain’t have to do nearly as much.

Keep watching, but if the white dude said something bad about Ni’Jah he would’ve gotten it too.
Like the white lady in the elevator who talked bad about Ni’jah? :sas2:

Also, the white lady was also MAGA. :martin:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I watched the whole thing. I don’t call that sparing the breh because people legit die by being locked in walk-in freezers.

The person she spared was the white lady in the elevator who she should have also killed if she was keeping the same energy.

She killed the white girls cause they took her phone and tried to force her in a cult. The black men ain’t have to do nearly as much.

Agreed

The reason I said she “spared” the black guy was because SOMEONE was coming soon to get that cake for the party so I figured he’d be in there no longer than an hour.

The two black men blatantly insulted Nai’jah that was the impetus for why they had to die. The white cult ladies never insulted Nai’Jah, which is why they got more “leeway” so to speak.

The white lady got “spared” ONLY because an opportunity presented itself for Dre to actually MEET Nai’Jah and be in her presence, now this might not work for you as a story beat and honestly i’m not going to argue to much on your point but I think that the showrunners did enough to show that meeting Nai’Jah trumps even her bloodlust to DEFEND Nai’Jah so it makes sense.

Also I feel that the way Black men were treated in the series versus how white people were treated was intentional. It shows how black women are often underestimated as physical THREATS within the black community (and the advantages of that) versus how black women are often DISMISSED entirely within white spaces, as threats or otherwise.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:mjlol:

Its crazy how that 1 sex scene got Chloe Bailey trending more than she ever has.

It wasn’t even that graphic! I was looking at twitter and IG and couldn’t BELIEVE people were actually losing their shyt over that little 5 seconds you barely see her. The scene was mostly focused on Damson Idris’s character.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Smart nikkas please explain the ending to me.

im guessing she went to jail
From Reddit, friend.

“Since Swarm is a show based on the events from Episode 6, this feels like a Hollywood retelling of Andrea Greene where she is able to find peace.

The name of the episode is “Only God Makes Happy Endings” and it directly conflicts the telling of the true story from the documentary in Episode 6. Andrea is arrested in the real world and is investigated for several murders.

This version of events allows Andrea to experience Na’jah, gain peace, and potentially start to work on her issues.

The reality is she was arrested, likely never allowed to go to go to another Na’jah concert and potentially exposed for her other murders.

To me, the episode in addition to the tile was a reminder that many times the endings we see are fake as the real endings result in loss and tragedy

In addition to this, the title also makes me think it’s a play on the unrealistic expectations of obsessive and entitled fans. the ending is probably what Dre expects and dreams of happening but to the viewer (and in actuality) it’s ridiculous and insane. She talks in an early episode how ni’jah would look at her and “just know” and in ep 6 the mother theorizes Dre expected to be “discovered” when preforming in the talent show.”

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
. I hope Donald glover does a series on deadly gang warfare between Jay and Nas Stan’s next lol.

Donald Glover is on that Jordan Peele trajectory... nikkas not shooting him no more bail after this.

Creatives like Peele and Glover fail to realize that no matter how "high art" their stuff is, the core audience is regular black people. Those are the people that drum up the hype. You get too weird or abstract then you lose them. Atlanta, which is one of the greatest shows ever, went out with a whimper. Barely any talk on socials. Barely any fanfare compared to previous seasons. Swarm had a lot of buzz for the Chloe sex scene but I haven't really seen it get the computers 'putin.

I enjoyed it but I barely know anyone who's watched the whole thing in real life.

Superstar
Daps

Like the white lady in the elevator who talked bad about Ni’jah? :sas2:

Also, the white lady was also MAGA. :martin:

The potential of seeing Ni’jah in person took precedence over killing the maga lady

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Donald Glover is on that Jordan Peele trajectory... nikkas not shooting him no more bail after this.

Creatives like Peele and Glover fail to realize that no matter how "high art" their stuff is, the core audience is regular black people. Those are the people that drum up the hype. You get too weird or abstract then you lose them. Atlanta, which is one of the greatest shows ever, went out with a whimper. Barely any talk on socials. Barely any fanfare compared to previous seasons. Swarm had a lot of buzz for the Chloe sex scene but I haven't really seen it get the computers 'putin.

I enjoyed it but I barely know anyone who's watched the whole thing in real life.

As long as they keep cranking out the stuff I enjoy I don’t care too much if they become a household name. We need niche stuff as much as we need mainstream stuff. Atlanta went out perfect in my eyes. I don’t hold this show in the same regard, but I did enjoy it exactly how it was. It didn’t take itself too seriously, as a show; I hope most people didn’t take it too seriously either. It was just a weird show to tell us a weird story and make us chuckle.

I wish there was another episode or two. She reminded me of a mashup of the lady from “serial mom”, Annie Wilkes from “misery”, and a socially awkward/impotent/asexual Ted bunny lol. It was also cool to see how they de-glamorized her more and more as the series went on, plus the bite scene had me and my girl dying.

I hope Dominique gets some awards out of this and bigger roles. Most of the cast acted their asses off

Edit: and I only mention Nas/Jay Stan’s as a joke since the show to something relatively grounded and simple to make it large and absurd lol

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I tried to tell yall, black people in general dont like stories or writing without linear writing and those that make you think critical.

Thats why shows like Power, Godfather of Harlem and BMF are very street level. You make show that has too many layers, black folk get too annoyed at critical thinking and making their own opinions. Which is why "NOPE" was hated, even though it was well written and spoken out in the movie, alot of our people didnt understand it. We as a people like to be spoon fed stories, we dont have time to dissect and theorize in our community.

Thats why Anime was frowned upon and most of our shows dont have twists and intricate character development. Naturally, "Swarm" is gonna geaux over our heads in general. I enjoyed it and fenna run it back. Miss Fishback needs a Louisiana man.

Last edited: