New Series From Donald Glover ‘Swarm’ starring Dominique Fishback and Damson Idris

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Just finished this show. It was weird as fukk.

good-great.gif

Superstar
Daps
I find it funny that people can watch this show, but then are mentally disturbed by the Dahmer series on Netflix. I get the Dahmer stuff was real, but this Swarm show was displaying the same cruel shyt.

It wasn’t nearly as graphic as dahmer. Even she got the “twitter, nikka?!?!” Dude it was poor cgi lol.

The dahmer show went to great lengths to portray tension, fear, suffering, and dying almost correctly. This is more like those older films like “hush sweet Charlotte” or comedies like “serial mom”.

I’m enjoying the hell out of this show but it, like most TV/movies, aren’t going to be bothersome because the killers and killing don’t look real. Even dahmer show still pulled some punches. It’s still entertainment, and most people aren’t going to be entertained by what the real thing looks like.

I say this as someone who’s had to deal with dozens of dead/dying/gravely injured people, and watched people kill others, professionally.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It wasn’t nearly as graphic as dahmer. Even she got the “twitter, nikka?!?!” Dude it was poor cgi lol.

The dahmer show went to great lengths to portray tension, fear, suffering, and dying almost correctly. This is more like those older films like “hush sweet Charlotte” or comedies like “serial mom”.

I’m enjoying the hell out of this show but it, like most TV/movies, aren’t going to be bothersome because the killers and killing don’t look real. Even dahmer show still pulled some punches. It’s still entertainment, and most people aren’t going to be entertained by what the real thing looks like.

I say this as someone who’s had to deal with dozens of dead/dying/gravely injured people, and watched people kill others, professionally.
I 100% agree with you. Rightfully so, I was just pointing out the phenomenal of the human mind and how people react to material just based on the source.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I find it funny that people can watch this show, but then are mentally disturbed by the Dahmer series on Netflix. I get the Dahmer stuff was real, but this Swarm show was displaying the same cruel shyt.

For me its because I don’t usually fukk with the serial killer genre. I’d NEVER watch Dahmer for any reason. But with Swarm I watched it because Donald Glover is a genius and I wanted to see what he’d come up with with an all black creative team as a follow up to Atlanta.

And the shyt WAS disturbing, especially the killings of black men in the first two episodes, but it was also PHENOMENALLY acted and I found it to be a biting satire of stan culture and also a study of how black women are generally underestimated and dismissed in American society. Lowkey the series showed the dual advantages/disadvantages that black women have in the community.

Three times in the series a black man was placed in danger from showing Dre (a black woman) kindness. Khalid was attempting to make her some tea and bond through the shared grief of losing Marissa. Tonk was attempting to fix her car. George thought she was a victim of domestic abuse and wanted to “save” her.

On the other hand, Hailey thought she had found a new black best friend (That she could manipulate) the white cop was racist but also dismissive, which allowed Dre to literally cover up the fact her car was a crime scene, Eva thought she could manipulate and cull her

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
For me its because I don’t usually fukk with the serial killer genre. I’d NEVER watch Dahmer for any reason. But with Swarm I watched it because Donald Glover is a genius and I wanted to see what he’d come up with with an all black creative team as a follow up to Atlanta.

And the shyt WAS disturbing, especially the killings of black men in the first two episodes, but it was also PHENOMENALLY acted and I found it to be a biting satire of stan culture and also a study of how black women are generally underestimated and dismissed in American society. Lowkey the series showed the dual advantages/disadvantages that black women have in the community.

Three times in the series a black man was placed in danger from showing Dre (a black woman) kindness. Khalid was attempting to make her some tea and bond through the shared grief of losing Marissa. Tonk was attempting to fix her car. George thought she was a victim of domestic abuse and wanted to “save” her.

On the other hand, Hailey thought she had found a new black best friend (That she could manipulate) the white cop was racist but also dismissive, which allowed Dre to literally cover up the fact her car was a crime scene, Eva thought she could manipulate and cull her
The chick in Swarm was straight mentally deranged and sick. Like I was hoping some bad shyt would happen to her.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

So it's basically how black men when trying to be kind are still maligned and others who are being devious aren't? So this is a both a black misandrist? Got it.