"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

deleteuser101

Superstar
Daps
that's the best way I've heard it explained. its still like that in the South. nikkas generally just don't fukk with the traditional "East Coast" sound. Like on some Pimp C shyt...."they don't fucc with us, we don't fucc with them." There are some exceptions (50, Jay, Kiss)...and nikkas will throw a token NY rapper in their top rapper lists.

But a lot of nikkas in the South still don't fukk with people Pac dissed :ufdup:

That’s the truth, especially here in Texas. I was raised as a kid not fuccin wit Biggie or Jay-Z just cuz Pac didn’t like em lol

Just as of recently I started fucc wit Big & Jay.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're not from the South or Midwest, you'll never understand. During that time period in my upbringing, I "recognized" the talented rappers and great songs/albums dropped from East Coast cats......but I "felt" the songs from my region more. Jay is dope, but I guarantee anyone from the South or Midwest would rather hear this at a party....

Than this...

One song is from a random roster member on No Limit, while one is from NYC premiere MC, Babyface sample, high budget visuals, etc. It doesn't mean Youngbleed is a better MC or that Jay is trash, but we just "felt" Youngbleed song more. It's kinda hard to explain if you didn't live it.

Give me...

Over....

I guess it's no different than the jazz and blues era. While NYC was dancing around and flipping broads in big dresses to the sounds of Count Basie, cats in the south were sipping their moonshine in a tavern to some Miles Davis and his more soulful approach. Regardless of talent levels, some shyt just stick to your ribs a little different. No diss to Jay. But I know more people with Coming Out Hard cd than Reasonable Doubt. :yeshrug:

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah..how many times can a man use Hennessey enemies in the penitentiary:comeon:

Jay Z shyts on Pac..Jay Z made his name being a top Emcee, Pac made his name getting shot, controversy and antics. People were more interested in what dumb act Pac would pull next rather than what song he'll put out next.
fukk outta goof. Jay as dope as is was never as hot as Pac. You geeks stay talking dumb shyt.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Y’all make it like Jay Z is a local artist:mjlol:

The nikka been going gold/plat his whole career. I never see or hear this type talk with any other artist. News flash a$$holes just because u and your weird friends didn’t listen to him don’t mean your whole fukking state didn’t :pachaha:

Where the fukk was Jay Z when Mike was moonwalking at the 25 year anniversary of Motown?:damn:

Afromaticz

All Star
Daps
Nah..how many times can a man use Hennessey enemies in the penitentiary:comeon:

Jay Z shyts on Pac..Jay Z made his name being a top Emcee, Pac made his name getting shot, controversy and antics. People were more interested in what dumb act Pac would pull next rather than what song he'll put out next.

thats just not true if we go by the songs Pac released while he was alive.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I disgree fam, 400 degrees came out around that time at the end of 98, and Big Tymers was out before that and if that wasn't being played, it was something from No Limit being played down here. Nobody was walking into Circuit City copping Jay-Z

Nobody was messing with Jay (hard) maybe a few here and there, but nikkas weren't pulling up with Jay being played.

98, Snoop Dropped and Master P Last Don was still in rotation.

maybe it's just my experience, but the souf wasn't fukking with the east coast til DipSet and G-unit.

:heh: hell, I remember seeing nikkas that was only listening to old Tommy Wright III, Boo da Boss Playa and Playa Fly celebrating cause 50 signed to Dre.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
maybe it's just my experience, but the souf wasn't fukking with the east coast til DipSet and G-unit.

:heh: hell, I remember seeing nikkas that was only listening to old Tommy Wright III, Boo da Boss Playa and Playa Fly celebrating cause 50 signed to Dre.
Yea for the most part most cities in the south outside of New Orleans wasnt big on east coast artist

But man New Orleans loves philly rappers lol. Young gunz and freeway do 2-3 packed out shows a year out here :dead:

100s of New Orleans people flew to Atlanta last weekend to go to the meek mill show

And Jay-Z was big out here from 99 until from what I remember, has been pretty much been able to sell out the super dome every time he comes

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Yea for the most part most cities in the south outside of New Orleans was big on east coast artist

But man New Orleans loves philly rappers lol. Young gunz and freeway do 2-3 packed out shows a year out here :dead:

100s of New Orleans people flew to Atlanta last weekend to go to the meek mill show

And Jay-Z was big out here from 99 until from what I remember, has been pretty much been able to sell out the super dome every time he comes

it's that stigma that the south don't care about lyrics.

But yall over there, it's all bounce, accent and realness.

And lyrics aint shyt but words, rhythm and bounce.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're not from the South or Midwest, you'll never understand. During that time period in my upbringing, I "recognized" the talented rappers and great songs/albums dropped from East Coast cats......but I "felt" the songs from my region more. Jay is dope, but I guarantee anyone from the South or Midwest would rather hear this at a party....

Than this...

One song is from a random roster member on No Limit, while one is from NYC premiere MC, Babyface sample, high budget visuals, etc. It doesn't mean Youngbleed is a better MC or that Jay is trash, but we just "felt" Youngbleed song more. It's kinda hard to explain if you didn't live it.

Give me...

Over....

I guess it's no different than the jazz and blues era. While NYC was dancing around and flipping broads in big dresses to the sounds of Count Basie, cats in the south were sipping their moonshine in a tavern to some Miles Davis and his more soulful approach. Regardless of talent levels, some shyt just stick to your ribs a little different. No diss to Jay. But I know more people with Coming Out Hard cd than Reasonable Doubt. :yeshrug:

Frfr How Ya Do Dat >>> any Jay Z single from Vol 1 or Vol 2

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
that's the best way I've heard it explained. its still like that in the South. nikkas generally just don't fukk with the traditional "East Coast" sound. Like on some Pimp C shyt...."they don't fucc with us, we don't fucc with them." There are some exceptions (50, Jay, Kiss)...and nikkas will throw a token NY rapper in their top rapper lists.

But a lot of nikkas in the South still don't fukk with people Pac dissed :ufdup:
Mannie fresh says it a little diff.