"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I was debating brehs on here that stated that Jay and the East coast cats were being played heavy down here, and I kept asking them what songs were ppl down here fukking with from these cats? What song did Jay have out that would be played in the clubs in the south?? Nas snuck in with Hate me Now and If I ruled the world, but that was as farthest he went down here getting played.
The women from the East Coast got more play down here than the dudes from the East Coast, Foxy and Kim got more play, especially Foxy when she did the song with No Limit, Mia X, her stock went up a bit

Aint nobody riding around the city with a Jay CD in their car, or anybody from the East Coast with the exception of Biggie, Mase, and DMX. Everybody else from that coast was not played down here.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Most of the south and west coast is cousins

Our people come from Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas
basically and the midwest to.

Black people in the midwest and West descend from those down south states.

if I recall correct @IllmaticDelta had a source stating blacks in the northeast more descend from upper parts of the south like Virgina, west Virgina. Whereas Midwest and West blacks come from the Texas, Arkansas, Alabamas etc.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
ive said on here before...but folks outside of hip hop heads and people in the Tri State area werent really fukin w/ Jay till Money Aint a Thang dropped.
That means the SOUTH put him on

Ain’t get a huge hit til “Big Pimpin” produced by a Southern producer featuring Southern artist

WE OWN YALL !!!

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
ive said on here before...but folks outside of hip hop heads and people in the Tri State area werent really fukin w/ Jay till Money Aint a Thang dropped.

151% truth.

Now..... you can honestly claim the south wasn't fukking with BIGGIE because tupac said so........

That means the SOUTH put him on

Ain’t get a huge hit til “Big Pimpin” produced by a Southern producer featuring Southern artist

some folks got in their feelings when I said it here before, but... yeah :yeshrug:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
basically and the midwest to.

Black people in the midwest and West descend from those down south states.

if I recall correct @IllmaticDelta had a source stating blacks in the northeast more descend from upper parts of the south like Virgina, west Virgina. Whereas Midwest and West blacks come from the Texas, Arkansas, Alabamas etc.

Great Migration. Mississippians went north to St. Louis, Illinios and Minnesota, etc, west of the Mississippi (arkansas, louisiana) went further west, forlks from Georgia went to Florida. Everyone else went to the "east coast"

9_011Mw.jpg

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I was debating brehs on here that stated that Jay and the East coast cats were being played heavy down here, and I kept asking them what songs were ppl down here fukking with from these cats? What song did Jay have out that would be played in the clubs in the south?? Nas snuck in with Hate me Now and If I ruled the world, but that was as farthest he went down here getting played.
The women from the East Coast got more play down here than the dudes from the East Coast, Foxy and Kim got more play, especially Foxy when she did the song with No Limit, Mia X, her stock went up a bit

Aint nobody riding around the city with a Jay CD in their car, or anybody from the East Coast with the exception of Biggie, Mase, and DMX. Everybody else from that coast was not played down here.
Me and you talking bout. The city was fukking with vol. 2 hard. shyt I was young and I remember nikkaz going crazy over “if I die don’t cry nikka, just ride my nikka, bust bullets in the sky nikka”

That was in 98-99

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Me and you talking bout. The city was fukking with vol. 2 hard. shyt I was young and I remember nikkaz going crazy over “if I die don’t cry nikka, just ride my nikka, bust bullets in the sky nikka”

That was in 98-99

I disgree fam, 400 degrees came out around that time at the end of 98, and Big Tymers was out before that and if that wasn't being played, it was something from No Limit being played down here. Nobody was walking into Circuit City copping Jay-Z

Nobody was messing with Jay (hard) maybe a few here and there, but nikkas weren't pulling up with Jay being played.

98, Snoop Dropped and Master P Last Don was still in rotation.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Sad, they could have learned more from Jay than Pac about emceeing and appreciation for superior wordplay. Shame really

who gives a fukk about that, they learned how to drop more classics in two years (95-96) then that man has his whole career

:pachaha:

juvy spot on, alot of these rappers should be grateful pac got killed, alot of these dudes peak wouldve been 96

"biggie ran new york, pac ran america"
- cormega

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Nah..how many times can a man use Hennessey enemies in the penitentiary:comeon:

Jay Z shyts on Pac..Jay Z made his name being a top Emcee, Pac made his name getting shot, controversy and antics. People were more interested in what dumb act Pac would pull next rather than what song he'll put out next.

pac 94-96 > jay zs entire career

:manny:

Afromaticz

All Star
Daps
Tupac the GOAT just off influence alone lol when Pac dissed you nikkas automatically stopped fukkin with u its krazy.
and when u add the fact that he dropped Me Against The World, All Eyez on Me and Makaveli in the space of less than 2 years its a wrap