"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Except the south is massive region.

A bunch of people in the south eastern states would put a bunch of east coast rappers on their top list.

You naming Texas rappers is irrelevant.
from texas and I said pimp didn't dictate what we jam...

texas is big as fukk n u cant distinct what every nikka is jamming,,,

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. Pac >>>>>>>>Jay any day. Pac's music is still relevant today because his subject matter is timeless.

Jay is in my top 10, but growing up here (Montgomery, AL) I was one of the few people I knew in Jr High listening to Vol 1. I remember seeing the video for the City is Mine and liking it and my momma took me to circuit city to get it. When Hard Knock dropped and Money aint a thing he became "radio popular" here.

But nobody (besides me and a small group of people ) was listening to that shyt. We listened to popping west coast shyt (deathrow, e40, cube), popping down south shyt (ugk, eightball and G, No limit, Cash Money, Scarface, etc.) and local Montgomery artist (Dirt Boyz, Small Tyme, etc.). Riding around the city, going to clubs, and parties...nikkas was not listening to "nikka What, nikka Who". That shyt was not getting played at parties. The main reason is because of the production. If it didnt sound good in some 15s or wasnt heartful or wasnt to the point or didnt make girls dance (women danced in the club back then) that shyt wasnt popping. We like to feel our shyt. Yes, D' Evils by Jay is a much more lyrical song and a great record. But it dont hit you in the chest like If I Could Change by Master P and Steady Mobbin which is far less lyrical.

And Pac's influence was huuuuuge. One year at my school, people liked Big. When Pac said fukk him, everybody was like fukk him. We were children sure, but the point still stands. It took me years to listen to and fall in love with Mobb Deep just because Pac said fuc em. It's still fukk Chino XL lol.
Gimme dat over any Vol 1/2/3 Jay cut all day every day:wow: real emotion, real struggle, real feels

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks to this thread i heard Young Bleed for the first time at age 37 and shyt is piff:blessed:

I was a big CMR fan in the late 90s and didnt fuc with No Limit outside of Mystikal, a couple 504 boyz tunes and Down 4 My Nikkas plus i didnt really fw Beats by the Pound sound.

But this My Bxlls and My Word shyt is nice:obama:
Good for you my brother. Believe me, give them Fiend and Mac and Mia X albums some spins too, shyt's heavy:whew::ohlawd:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Nah..how many times can a man use Hennessey enemies in the penitentiary:comeon:

Jay Z shyts on Pac..Jay Z made his name being a top Emcee, Pac made his name getting shot, controversy and antics. People were more interested in what dumb act Pac would pull next rather than what song he'll put out next.
you gotta remember most of the Pac songs you've heard werent meant to be released...so if you only listen to his retail albums he dont say Henneseey/Enemies that damn much...but yeah if you bumpin Makaveli tapes and unreleased shyt that never shoulda came out then yeah he said it alot..

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
The singles you mentioned got hella play here in the UK via MTV, other music channels, clubs and radio, I'm also aware that these singles charted in other parts of Europe and Oceania(Australia and New Zealand) If these songs got play in these countries it's totally hard to believe nobody in the South didn't hear these singles domestically were promotion would be much easier and quicker than overseas.

not everyone listens to the radio tho. I don't remember those songs being very big in Australia besides Hard Knock Life and even that wasn't THAT big. I'm sure they charted in some kind of RnB chart or whatever it was called back then but not on the main top 40/100.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Exactly. p*ssyboys like @3rdWorld or @Knicksman20 can keep their Canibus and Cormega lyrical miracle garbage and whack off on dat mighty superior wordplay:mjlol: while I will bump dat hot n funky n heartfelt Cash Money, No Limit, UGK, Dungeon Fam, GB's n Ball/G forever:blessed:

In your feelings I see so I must've struck a nerve lol. Save you internet tough talk behind your keyboard for someone that cares about your wack ass take on hip hop

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Truth, man I remember I went to a FYI looking for jean grea and the dude in there looked at me like I was a monster. Dude was like wow, so where are you from man? I was like here and he was like that's crazy, its very rare to see people from here looking for east cost stuff let along a east cost female rapper.

Dude look like he had a tear in his eye:mjlol:

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In your feelings I see so I must've struck a nerve lol. Save you internet tough talk behind your keyboard for someone that cares about your wack ass take on hip hop
GFY, Face and Dre 3k shyt on every NYC rapper in history, cept maybe Nas and Big. Pimp C, Z-Ro or BG are more charismatic and fukking real than any NYC rapper period. So fukk your cheap ass opinions

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
GFY, Face and Dre 3k shyt on every NYC rapper in history, cept maybe Nas and Big. Pimp C, Z-Ro or BG are more charismatic and fukking real than any NYC rapper period. So fukk your cheap ass opinions

Now I know to ignore your ass & not take you seriously

Typical internet cornball bama ass bum with an inferiority complex. Go skydiving without a parachute nikka