"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Truth, man I remember I went to a FYI looking for jean grea and the dude in there looked at me like I was a monster. Dude was like wow, so where are you from man? I was like here and he was like that's crazy, its very rare to see people from here looking for east cost stuff let along a east cost female rapper.

Dude look like he had a tear in his eye:mjlol:

This some true shyt i was down south a lot between 92-98 back when people really loved hip hop and if you went in a record store looking fo East Coast shyt you might not leave for 3 hours. Usually the nikkas that worked in those stores was locked in. Aint nothing like a east coast dude and a southern dude who both love hip hop talk that shyt back then. i found my best friend in the world like that we went to go see Belly in theater it was like 5 people in there now we both washed up in our 30's. Life is Cray and Hip Hop is forever

Daps
People today that weren’t around when Pac was cant understand. He was the people’s champ. When he said F BIG and all of them, fans and artists took that to heart. Like people related to Pac on a level that if he said someone was a punk, you believed him because he was an authentic artist, and was never gonna fake kiss peoples ass and people knew that about him.

Pimp C flat out said he wasn’t fukkin with Jay because Pac said fukk Jay Z and so off top Pimp didn’t trust Jay. Pimp gave him 8 bars and did his own video shoot lmao. And Pimp never did get his plaque for Big Pimpin.

Has Jay ever discussed getting dissed by Pac?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Imo dipset/cassidy/50 era had a bigger impact to my generation than the big/jay/nas/mobb deep era. I mean i went back... but in terms of popularity outside of the eastcoast during they runs thats how i feel

its the truth.

but '90s east coast nostalgists will never admit it.
and they wont even acknowledge the '80s.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

Pac could definitely hop in cypher.

Niccaz don't know the energy it takes to
spit from the pit of your stomach while at
the same time keep your thoughts coherent.
Fiery/hyper energetic niccaz don't normally top out
at freestyling.

youre easily impressed.

you can take kids off my block, and they do the same while spitting more than just baby bars.

pac's thing was moreso making tracks. yall dont have to pretend that he was a juggernaut in every single area.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
youre easily impressed.

you can take kids off my block, and they do the same while spitting more than just baby bars.

pac's thing was moreso making tracks. yall dont have to pretend that he was a juggernaut in every single area.

I just said the nicca could hop in a cypher and his energy was crazy.

You're just as exaggerated in the opposite direction

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
youre easily impressed.

Breh no one is saying he was

But to act like he couldn't do his thing is ridiculous.

Plus what moose was obviously just spitting off the topic. So of course it's not gonna be that impressove. Alot of rappers even great lyricis do lacluster off top

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
My GOAT :mjcry:

And lowkey Juvenile a legend too. Moreso than Wayne actually :hubie:

HIGH-KEY legend.

and yea, juvenile is like 20-30 spots higher than wayne on my all-time list.

That means the SOUTH put him on

Ain’t get a huge hit til “Big Pimpin” produced by a Southern producer featuring Southern artist

WE OWN YALL !!!

lol @ big pimpin being anywhere near jay's 1st huge hit.

and people cosigning & agreeing with this.

THE COLI YALL.

Down south ppl werent really listenin to most East Coast

The main influence for Cash Money was NWA and Pac....

I remember BG saying he liked and respected Nas but he couldnt "feel"him.

There was just a synergy between West and the South....both regions are more about feel/emotion/directness rather than academic wordplay

I dont think Juvy was dissing Jay

ehhh. nas isn't the best example.

nas was never the type of guy that you "feel" regardless of whether or not you like the beats.

you listen & marvel to his skill. but dude was always dense.

they wasnt messing with Jay.. but, when Jay jumped on the Ha Remix, and didnt even ask them CMR dudes- they fell right in line and made it official because they clearly were fans..

well the label did that.

but juvi was a fans of jay since the reasonable doubt era.

hes not speaking for himself when he said they weren't messing with jay down there.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
If you're not from the South or Midwest, you'll never understand. During that time period in my upbringing, I "recognized" the talented rappers and great songs/albums dropped from East Coast cats......but I "felt" the songs from my region more. Jay is dope, but I guarantee anyone from the South or Midwest would rather hear this at a party....

Than this...

I think youre forgetting that no limit was the squad that broke the mold for the south.

east coast is taking that young bleed jawn over sunshine as well.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

^^too many people stole that flow

:dwillhuh:

he wasnt doing anything new on that record brehski.

These conversations are always amusing and should be taken with a grain of salt. Can you discredit the recollections of southern fans? Nope...there is validity in the words

At the same time there has to be balance. In the 90s NYC was the bootleg capital. Who knows how much money Nas, Jigga, Biggie, Pac, Wu etc lost in the street

Yet Big was multi platinum
Jay became multi platinum (3rd album)
Wu went multiplatinum (2nd album)
Nas went multi platinum (2nd album)

By the way this wasn’t after the fact. These plaques were coming within year of release. So who was supporting these albums? Only the Tristate?

Guess there is no way to really know :russ:

underrated post

some of these dudes were down there playing arenas full of black folks at the time too.

but let the coli tell it, nobody heard of them down there.

I always get confused about the origin of the “Ha” remix. Jay’s verse mentions Juvenile and Juvenile’s verse mentions Jay yet he always says Jay did the remix on his own.... so did Jay do a verse to the original Ha and Juv later added his new verses or is the story far fetched a little?

I’ve never heard a version of the Ha remix without the new Juvenile verses where he mentions Jay Z.... or did Jay hop on it and send it to them on his own? Lol

jay's verse sounded like a mixtape freestyle.
it wasn't even edited in properly.

I think juvi went in and recorded new verses afterwards.

Post all of them or stfu

how about you just watch your mouth?

always that one clown that gotta be all corny.

Breh no one is saying he was

But to act like he couldn't do his thing is ridiculous.

Plus what moose was obviously just spitting off the topic. So of course it's not gonna be that impressove. Alot of rappers even great lyricis do lacluster off top

who is he hoppin in the cypher with tho?

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:dwillhuh:

he wasnt doing anything new on that record brehski.

underrated post

some of these dudes were down there playing arenas full of black folks at the time too.

but let the coli tell it, nobody heard of them down there.

jay's verse sounded like a mixtape freestyle.
it wasn't even edited in properly.

I think juvi went in and recorded new verses afterwards.

how about you just watch your mouth?

always that one clown that gotta be all corny.

who is he hoppin in the cypher with tho?
Take Yo old grumpy ass the fukk outta here

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
I keep telling mofos, Hip Hop was something that only rappers from NYC and there surrounding cities did and pushed. In the 90s most down South rappers and rappers outside of NYC wasn't really concerned about Hip Hop just making their own local music.

I know St Louis cats stopped messing with Biggie becauze of his beef with Pac.