New Kendrick Lamar song

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I see why you’d praise Kendrick as you’re a word salad guy yourself. He’s free to do as he pleases but when you make social commentaries, the question will always be put to you as to what you’ve done to solve the issue you seem so concerned about. If he’s just whining to whine then nevermind, whine away. Otherwise, get out here and actually lead. But he won’t and you know he won’t.

It’s funny to bring up charts when you think it suits your agenda, but even there you take a L as the “washed” guy currently owns four spots on Billboard.

And ultimately, nothing will change. The savior’s performative bars will be as significant as Hip Hop is Dead or Death of Autotune.

You were eating bro

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That's not what happened. :mjlol:

Cole and Diddy approached Kendrick separately to talk about "Control". They had an issue before TDE ever got there, and fought because of that.

People took the two things and combined them. It had nothing to do with Kendrick.

Fred.

Punch left out details that other people have confirmed. Kendrick spoke to Cole, they dapped it up. He spoke to Diddy who was drunk and angry. Later Diddy poured a drink on Kendrick, Cole jumped up and threw hands with Diddy before Kendrick's camp responded. Emory stepped in and started hitting on Cole before realizing it was him.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
That's not what happened. :mjlol:

Cole and Diddy approached Kendrick separately to talk about "Control". They had an issue before TDE ever got there, and fought because of that.

People took the two things and combined them. It had nothing to do with Kendrick.

Fred.
Right on, did not know that.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Punch left out details that other people have confirmed. Kendrick spoke to Cole, they dapped it up. He spoke to Diddy who was drunk and angry. Later Diddy poured a drink on Kendrick, Cole jumped up and threw hands with Diddy before Kendrick's camp responded. Emory stepped in and started hitting on Cole before realizing it was him.

I'm gonna need receipts because I've never seen a single person confirm this, let alone multiple people.

Cole's own manager said it had nothing to do with Kendrick.

Fred.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa

That was the story I heard at the time as well, Punch didn't mention a thing about drinks getting poured so either he's trying to paint a picture that protects Kendrick or that was cap.

Off topic but damn Punch looks obese in that vid, son needs some exercise asap.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna need receipts because I've never seen a single person confirm this, let alone multiple people.

Cole's own manager said it had nothing to do with Kendrick.

Fred.

He doesn't mention the drink but everything else is there. Budden and Angie Martinez have said a drink was spilled on Kendrick but I can't find the exact episode where that was said.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

He doesn't mention the drink but everything else is there. Budden and Angie Martinez have said a drink was spilled on Kendrick but I can't find the exact episode where that was said.

This still has nothing to do with Kendrick. :mjlol:

I don't understand why Cole and Puffy would fight over the verse, or even if Puffy was upset over the verse why Cole would jump on Puffy, as opposed to TDE but whatever happened between them seemed to be some other issue that maybe was set off by a discussion about the verse. Not Kendrick directly.

Cole's manager said whatever happened wasn't because of Kendrick. So :yeshrug:

Fred.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
This still has nothing to do with Kendrick. :mjlol:

I don't understand why Cole and Puffy would fight over the verse, or even if Puffy was upset over the verse why Cole would jump on Puffy, as opposed to TDE but whatever happened between them seemed to be some other issue that maybe was set off by a discussion about the verse. Not Kendrick directly.

Cole's manager said whatever happened wasn't because of Kendrick. So :yeshrug:

Fred.

Plus to add on, if diddy did throw or spill a drink on Kendrick, why would kendrick say "You gone make a nikka bring back puff" knowing drake could flip it into something about diddy pouring/spilling a drink on him

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus to add on, if diddy did throw or spill a drink on Kendrick, why would kendrick say "You gone make a nikka bring back puff" knowing drake could flip it into something about diddy pouring/spilling a drink on him
Diddy allegedly poured a drink on Kendrick and people jumped in to stop Puff.

Puff allegedly punched Drake and nothing happened. And it wasn't just a shot at Drake but at Chubbs, which was the following line.

I like Drake with the melodies, I don't like Drake when he act tough
You gon' make a nikka bring back Puff, let me see if Chubbs really crash somethin'

Drake been rapping about Chubbs like he's Baba Yega for years and Chubbs was taking shots at Dot before Euphoria dropped.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I HIGHLY doubt Puff poured a drink on Kendrick and nothing popped off. Especially if Kendrick was there with homies. Puff is insane but i’ve usually heard of him intimidating people when their solo.

• Dap

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Ey, I don't know this story....is this the Drake/Chris Brown fight?

so the story starts after kendrick dropped control verse

punch & kendrick go to the club. Cole asks him about the verse whatever

before kendrick & tde get there. Puff & cole were arguing about some other shyt so they already had tension.

puff goes up to kendrick & cole while they were talking and goes at cole some more and i guess cole said something that puffy didnt like

minutes/hours pass at the club and puffy tries to press cole and then cole put paws on him. Emory then swings on cole cause he thought cole was just some random dude and saw that puff was getting hands put on him

the initial argument between cole & puffy has nothing to do with kendrick to my knowledge

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
According to who??

They’re musical artists.

Gil Scott Heron, Sam Cooke, Public Enemy, Rage Against the Machine.

You think people back in the 60’s listened to artists and expected them to lead us to the promised land??

They’re artists that speak on social issues and provoke thought. That’s it.

Why would you expect them to be a leader? It’s fukking art lmao.

I think you should use other examples

Gil Scott publicly protested in the 60s and the reason he made the revolution will not be televised is because it wasn’t receiving much media coverage in the first place

Rage against the machine have ALWAYS publicly and very vocally advocated and protested for what they believed in

So has Chuck D

Sam Cooke was also great friends with Ali and Malcolm X and rubber shoulders with figure heads of change in the 60s

and it’s being critiqued :beli:.

rap is dying, culture is dying. Indeed, how thought provoking. I never look to artists for anything more than entertainment - if they can voice a positive message, bonus points. When it becomes a tenet of your artistry, it’s fair to interrogate whether or not the messenger walks that path with action. but that’s my demand only. if simply hearing the words does it for you, enjoy seriously

I also get what you’re saying but I do think we expect a lot from entertainers when their job is too entertain

I also believe when you’re vocal about social change you should also lead and be active to do it. When you only speak on the issues with no solution you’re just stirring up more problems

Idk Kendrick is a confused man whose still finding himself to me

He goes from wanting to be this figure of change to not wanting to be when shyt actually gets real to now all of sudden wanting the party to die and being the figure again

Just enjoy the music I guess