New Kendrick Lamar song

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
And that requires a certain rate of output? wtf are you actually getting at?

it’s obvious if you’d cared to read for understanding. if you’re interested in change and are disgusted by the present state of things, then it will require boots on the ground, hands in the dirt. and it has to be continuous. the same way missionaries are active and Jehovah witnesses are at your door, you have to be there..like a lot. the luxury of dipping in and out every few years is not the movements of someone who actually cares. Hell, Moses delivered his people from slavery and beyond a sea and he couldn’t take a hike up the mountain without them falling into sin, but at least he brought back the commandments.

iliketurtles

Do Right And Kill Everything
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
Yea that free the slaves line came back to bite him in the ass. I don’t know what that nikka was thinking putting that in family matters.
He was exposed as a fake activist if you are too dumb to see what drake is trying to say that's on u

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps

Then the sea of uppity artsy whites clapped
clapping-cheers.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it’s obvious if you’d cared to read for understanding. if you’re interested in change and are disgusted by the present state of things, then it will require boots on the ground, hands in the dirt. and it has to be continuous. the same way missionaries are active and Jehovah witnesses are at your door, you have to be there..like a lot. the luxury of dipping in and out every few years is not the movements of someone who actually cares. Hell, Moses delivered his people from slavery and beyond a sea and he couldn’t take a hike up the mountain without them falling into sin, but at least he brought back the commandments.

I wish you cats would just stick to "I prefer Drake" instead of these bizarre, nonsensical takes.

If what you're saying is true then people would've used this same criticism against De La Soul taking 3 years between "De La Soul Is Dead" and "Buhloone Mindstate" and 4 years for "Stakes Is High". But of course no one did because it doesn't make any sense.

The fact of the matter is Kendrick has zero reason to change what he's doing. Dude sporadically drops music....still washed Drake....has a top 10 song 4+ months after it came out....Super Bowl performance....this new song has 40+ million views on IG, etc.

Meanwhile, Drake has dropped 15-20 songs since May and his highest charting one is #59 on Billboard.

There's currently a hell of a lot more compelling argument to drop less music, than there is to drop more.

Fred.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I wish you cats would just stick to "I prefer Drake" instead of these bizarre, nonsensical takes.

If what you're saying is true then people would've used this same criticism against De La Soul taking 3 years between "De La Soul Is Dead" and "Buhloone Mindstate" and 4 years for "Stakes Is High". But of course no one did because it doesn't make any sense.

The fact of the matter is Kendrick has zero reason to change what he's doing. Dude sporadically drops music....still washed Drake....has a top 10 song 4+ months after it came out....Super Bowl performance....this new song has 40+ million views on IG, etc.

Meanwhile, Drake has dropped 15-20 songs since May and his highest charting one is #59 on Billboard.

There's currently a hell of a lot more compelling argument to drop less music, than there is to drop more.

Fred.

I see why you’d praise Kendrick as you’re a word salad guy yourself. He’s free to do as he pleases but when you make social commentaries, the question will always be put to you as to what you’ve done to solve the issue you seem so concerned about. If he’s just whining to whine then nevermind, whine away. Otherwise, get out here and actually lead. But he won’t and you know he won’t.

It’s funny to bring up charts when you think it suits your agenda, but even there you take a L as the “washed” guy currently owns four spots on Billboard.

And ultimately, nothing will change. The savior’s performative bars will be as significant as Hip Hop is Dead or Death of Autotune.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I see why you’d praise Kendrick as you’re a word salad guy yourself. He’s free to do as he pleases but when you make social commentaries, the question will always be put to you as to what you’ve done to solve the issue you seem so concerned about. If he’s just whining to whine then nevermind, whine away. Otherwise, get out here and actually lead. But he won’t and you know he won’t.

It’s funny to bring up charts when you think it suits your agenda, but even there you take a L as the “washed” guy currently owns four spots on Billboard.

And ultimately, nothing will change. The savior’s performative bars will be as significant as Hip Hop is Dead or Death of Autotune.
According to who??

They’re musical artists.

Gil Scott Heron, Sam Cooke, Public Enemy, Rage Against the Machine.

You think people back in the 60’s listened to artists and expected them to lead us to the promised land??

They’re artists that speak on social issues and provoke thought. That’s it.

Why would you expect them to be a leader? It’s fukking art lmao.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
According to who??

They’re musical artists.

Gil Scott Heron, Sam Cooke, Public Enemy, Rage Against the Machine.

You think people back in the 60’s listened to artists and expected them to lead us to the promised land??

They’re artists that speak on social issues and provoke thought. That’s it.

Why would you expect them to be a leader? It’s fukking art lmao.

and it’s being critiqued :beli:.

rap is dying, culture is dying. Indeed, how thought provoking. I never look to artists for anything more than entertainment - if they can voice a positive message, bonus points. When it becomes a tenet of your artistry, it’s fair to interrogate whether or not the messenger walks that path with action. but that’s my demand only. if simply hearing the words does it for you, enjoy seriously