New Kendrick Lamar song

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This song is like a closer song for a Jordan Peele horror film. After the protagonist either barely survives, or get a bittersweet ending :wow:

The sunken place mention would be a great easter egg too.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Peele uses the song in his trailer :russ:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
and it’s being critiqued :beli:.

rap is dying, culture is dying. Indeed, how thought provoking. I never look to artists for anything more than entertainment - if they can voice a positive message, bonus points. When it becomes a tenet of your artistry, it’s fair to interrogate whether or not the messenger walks that path with action. but that’s my demand only. if simply hearing the words does it for you, enjoy seriously
The action is using their platform to articulate real world phenomenon, specifically of the societal or interpersonal variety. Nothing more nothing less.

It should go without saying that entertainers are not our personal saviors, but perhaps you feel different about that. Now it would be one thing to take your position if the artist claimed to be a savior in their art but when has that been the case? I mean as an adult why would you be waiting for a rich and famous rapper to solve your problems in the first place? It's a pretty ridiculous position to even repeat out loud to begin with so this whole "saviors duty" narrative that you're manufacturing around artists that provide commentary on things they witness and see in the world looks pretty goofy even as a strawman especially when you yourself aren't taking any "action" aside from musical critiques correct?

Why would anyone take your criticism serious when by your own standards you're offering nothing into the world or even grounding the origin of your gripes as anything more than
contrarian babble? It would be one thing if you yourself were putting in work and felt offended that someone else may be a charlatan but being a person doing nothing complaining about someone else "seemingly" doing nothing in your eyes is a comical loop of low self awareness:mjlol: just say you like simple dumbed down music, it's fine, we like what we like.... no need to try to get philosophical in justifying it.... you're not good at that brother lol.

iliketurtles

Do Right And Kill Everything
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
Then the sea of uppity artsy whites clapped
clapping-cheers.gif
:dead: :dead: :dead: :heh: :heh:

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The action is using their platform to articulate real world phenomenon, specifically of the societal or interpersonal variety. Nothing more nothing less.

It should go without saying that entertainers are not our personal saviors, but perhaps you feel different about that. Now it would be one thing to take your position if the artist claimed to be a savior in their art but when has that been the case? I mean as an adult why would you be waiting for a rich and famous rapper to solve your problems in the first place? It's a pretty ridiculous position to even repeat out loud to begin with so this whole "saviors duty" narrative that you're manufacturing around artists that provide commentary on things they witness and see in the world looks pretty goofy even as a strawman especially when you yourself aren't taking any "action" aside from musical critiques correct?

Why would anyone take your criticism serious when by your own standards you're offering nothing into the world or even grounding the origin of your gripes as anything more than
contrarian babble? It would be one thing if you yourself were putting in work and felt offended that someone else may be a charlatan but being a person doing nothing complaining about someone else "seemingly" doing nothing in your eyes is a comical loop of low self awareness:mjlol: just say you like simple dumbed down music, it's fine, we like what we like.... no need to try to get philosophical in justifying it.... you're not good at that brother lol.

you’ve made so many bad assumptions here I just gave you some dap and kept it moving. enjoy the song bro :mjlol:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
you’ve made so many bad assumptions here I just gave you some dap and kept it moving. enjoy the song bro :mjlol:
That's what I thought nikka, no retort.

Like I always say on here. Another day another goofy ass low intellect troll dismissed and humiliated on a public forum. :camby:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
and it’s being critiqued :beli:.

rap is dying, culture is dying. Indeed, how thought provoking. I never look to artists for anything more than entertainment - if they can voice a positive message, bonus points. When it becomes a tenet of your artistry, it’s fair to interrogate whether or not the messenger walks that path with action. but that’s my demand only. if simply hearing the words does it for you, enjoy seriously

This is why these conversations are disingenuous when it comes to Kendrick because it's this very sentiment that has been painted by people who don't even listen to his music that continues to be regurgitated by other people who don't listen to his music.

If anything is the tenant of his artistry, it's personal struggle, fighting your own demons, the duality of wanting to do right but being dragged into doing wrong - Good Kid, Maad City, Mr. Morale and The Big Steppers, hide the bible if God's watching, Swimming Pools, etc. etc..

The man told the world, he is not your savior and he never claimed to be. He has spoken on the culture (the industry, the black struggle, etc.) from the vantage points of maintaining through whatever the struggle, for him it's embracing his faith. If you've listened to his music you can see the influence on the music.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
This is why these conversations are disingenuous when it comes to Kendrick because it's this very sentiment that has been painted by people who don't even listen to his music that continues to be regurgitated by other people who don't listen to his music.

If anything is the tenant of his artistry, it's personal struggle, fighting your own demons, the duality of wanting to do right but being dragged into doing wrong - Good Kid, Maad City, Mr. Morale and The Big Steppers, hide the bible if God's watching, Swimming Pools, etc. etc..

The man told the world, he is not your savior and he never claimed to be. He has spoken on the culture (the industry, the black struggle, etc.) from the vantage points of maintaining through whatever the struggle, for him it's embracing his faith. If you've listened to his music you can see the influence on the music.
It’s why I didn’t even respond to bro.

You’d basically be educating someone who didn’t even take the time out to listen to the person they’re criticizing while simultaneously arguing you down about why this person is a hypocrite, preachy, etc.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Art exists to inspire and make humans feel something. It has never been artists' job to lead anything. If anything they often articulate or portray sentiments that later inspire people to make change personally or politically. Complaining about an artist "whining" about shyt that matters to them is an artistically bankrupt, illiterate mindset IMO.

Kendrick has been writing about struggles with fame and its vices for over a decade at this point. It's personal for him. It's also done in a way that resonates with many people, most of whom have no experiences with fame yet still understand feelings of isolation, fear, temptation, triumph, faith, etc.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it’s obvious if you’d cared to read for understanding. if you’re interested in change and are disgusted by the present state of things, then it will require boots on the ground, hands in the dirt. and it has to be continuous. the same way missionaries are active and Jehovah witnesses are at your door, you have to be there..like a lot. the luxury of dipping in and out every few years is not the movements of someone who actually cares. Hell, Moses delivered his people from slavery and beyond a sea and he couldn’t take a hike up the mountain without them falling into sin, but at least he brought back the commandments.
The big problem with this critique is that he’s only taken one big break from putting out material which could prob be attributed to the pandemic

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is the Diddy/J Cole fight from what I remember.

Diddy was shytty at Kendrick's Control verse and Cole got in between them and him and Diddy fought.
'Preciate the clarity. :salute:

That's not what happened. :mjlol:

Cole and Diddy approached Kendrick separately to talk about "Control". They had an issue before TDE ever got there, and fought because of that.

People took the two things and combined them. It had nothing to do with Kendrick.

Fred.