New Kendrick Lamar song

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure that's by JIDs choice. All of dreamville is lowkey secretive and quiet. Not like Vince is getting radio play. And of course not, but I think he's been actively trying to raise his visibility across multiple markets. He pops up on the Joe Budden Podcast. He does a lot of great interviews. He tweets shyt that gets people talking. Like I said, there's a genuine fukking difference and it's not by design from the label. I'm sure Joe would have absolutely loved to have JID on. I'm sure the whole world would have loved to hear from JID while Cole was active in the battle. He chose not to. Like a lot of celebrities. And that's the difference.

Sexy Redd and Ice Spice are in your face because of how well they're able to utilize either their fanbase or the labels pushing; the best combine the two. Eg Sexy Redd vs Ice Spice.

And the label did actively try to push Vince during that big fish era. And you could literally same the same about childish gambino/donald glover. So once again, I don't think that's on the labels entirely, but on the rappers themselves. As an independent rapper, I basically went to business school in marketing because of this and I actively recognize my faults vs the others I know for a fact I can outrap and a lot of that was on me.

nikkas from complex were playing my music in NYC and actively asking for a tape..didn't drop shyt. I was in constant touch with Elon after Ye's yeezus era, which he was influential on, and I fumbled that by not be willing to put the work in outside of shyt like social media. Lucki will say the same shyt happened to him.

I would love to blame labels; I have a whole song with Kami from Chance the Rapper's old team that is essentially me/us calling out labels and blogs. Probably not the best move at my time. It is what is but especially at this time, I know for a fact it isn't just the label holding nikkas back.

I agree shyt is a mess right now but we're also to blame as listeners. I still haven't listened to Michael when tbh I should have supporting killer mike from unveiling to drop. We're all hypocrites. Take some blame instead of trying to offset.
I think you overestimate the average listener, they'll eat what they're fed. Macklemore is a great example of being force fed pseudo conscious pseudo lyrical rap and it blowing up, but no "true hip hop head" wants Macklemore having power in the space or being able to call shots like Kendrick. Yeah that Thrift Store song was conventionally catchy but it doesn't become the hit it was without the label making it that kinda hit.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
giphy.gif
Why you switching yo ass when you walk :scust:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Shyt, he’s still a business man at the end of the day :manny: The most he would ever do is include strong Christian undertones (he’s been doing that for all his albums).

I personally don’t consider him anti industry. I’ve been saying since before the beef. Both Drake, and Kendrick are part of a machine. Possibly two different machines, but still a machine nonetheless.

Christianity is big business. Stop the delusion

Dude running around with with a diamond crown of thorns but "the most he'd do is undertones" :russ:

I fukk with Kendrick but come on now

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I'm pretty sure that's by JIDs choice. All of dreamville is lowkey secretive and quiet. Not like Vince is getting radio play. And of course not, but I think he's been actively trying to raise his visibility across multiple markets. He pops up on the Joe Budden Podcast. He does a lot of great interviews. He tweets shyt that gets people talking. Like I said, there's a genuine fukking difference and it's not by design from the label. I'm sure Joe would have absolutely loved to have JID on. I'm sure the whole world would have loved to hear from JID while Cole was active in the battle. He chose not to. Like a lot of celebrities. And that's the difference.

Sexy Redd and Ice Spice are in your face because of how well they're able to utilize either their fanbase or the labels pushing; the best combine the two. Eg Sexy Redd vs Ice Spice.

And the label did actively try to push Vince during that big fish era. And you could literally same the same about childish gambino/donald glover. So once again, I don't think that's on the labels entirely, but on the rappers themselves. As an independent rapper, I basically went to business school in marketing because of this and I actively recognize my faults vs the others I know for a fact I can outrap and a lot of that was on me.

nikkas from complex were playing my music in NYC and actively asking for a tape..didn't drop shyt. I was in constant touch with Elon after Ye's yeezus era, which he was influential on, and I fumbled that by not be willing to put the work in outside of shyt like social media. Lucki will say the same shyt happened to him.

I would love to blame labels; I have a whole song with Kami from Chance the Rapper's old team that is essentially me/us calling out labels and blogs. Probably not the best move at my time. It is what is but especially at this time, I know for a fact it isn't just the label holding nikkas back.

I agree shyt is a mess right now but we're also to blame as listeners. I still haven't listened to Michael when tbh I should have supporting killer mike from unveiling to drop. We're all hypocrites. Take some blame instead of trying to offset.

You had direct ties to Elon Musk and were an upcoming rapper :ohhh: ?

No hate :whoa: . Just surprised

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Dude is hilarious. If he wants to be like LeCrae just drop a Christian rap album then

How can yall buy into the "anti-industry" gimmick when he is one of the biggest artists benefitting directly from the top of the industry
To be fair it's the same way I hate big corporations but I work at one and make good money :yeshrug: