In starting to be worried about your lack of Gag reflex :scust:

like that - overrated
euphoria - amazing
6:16 in la - most forgot this song exists from the beef
meet the grahams - still waiting on that daughter
not like us - song of the summer
watch the party die - trash

He's batting .333... still good enough to be an All star in baseball :ld:

i’m starting to worry for my own safety cause no matter the thread, you just seem to follow me around:sadbron:

you out here begging for attention
you should say please:feedme:

now you what 0/17?? 0/18?? with them posts

keep it up you might catch up to drake with them misses

a56.gif

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Nope. I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd see studio execs pull the plug

I wonder why? Is it not as profitable as it used to be
Labels have been shelving artists and albums since the beginning, dropping subsidiary labels and majors have even shut down the entire "urban department" of labels during the "physical copy era"

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Completely irrelevant. Drake didn’t divide and conquer during his run, he actively worked with a lot of up and coming talent and his peers. For selfish reasons, yeah, but he didn’t seek to destroy everyone like say..50 did.

There are just literally no new real mainstream rap superstars right now. A lot the ones that can be that(I know a few personally that got signed) are getting ZERO help or funding from the machine without pulling teeth. They actively only push people like sexy redd and ice spice and we see the result.
In the era where artists can generate the buzz themselves the labels now expect them to. If you're not part of the top 1% dont expect much push from the label until you get to a point where you dont really need them.

Rappers should have taken the lessons the Bay area laid down and ran with it when the market wasn't as saturated. A lot of them did but more should have.

thecoli.com loves to shyt on Daz but can yawl name any other rappers who had the foresight to buy a pressing plant?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I’ll also use Vince. He should be a rap superstar. JID should be a rap superstar. They are both successful despite the music industry. They don’t get the opportunity to be in your face 24/7 like sexy redd and ice spice BY DESIGN. A lot of people have no idea who Vince staples even is bro.

And we will seen soon that hardly any rapper is that popular now that labels are actively pushing other genres ahead of rap. It has and always will be marketing dollars that makes these guys stars. I’m not talking about the guys that carve out a place and make a way.

I'm pretty sure that's by JIDs choice. All of dreamville is lowkey secretive and quiet. Not like Vince is getting radio play. And of course not, but I think he's been actively trying to raise his visibility across multiple markets. He pops up on the Joe Budden Podcast. He does a lot of great interviews. He tweets shyt that gets people talking. Like I said, there's a genuine fukking difference and it's not by design from the label. I'm sure Joe would have absolutely loved to have JID on. I'm sure the whole world would have loved to hear from JID while Cole was active in the battle. He chose not to. Like a lot of celebrities. And that's the difference.

Sexy Redd and Ice Spice are in your face because of how well they're able to utilize either their fanbase or the labels pushing; the best combine the two. Eg Sexy Redd vs Ice Spice.

And the label did actively try to push Vince during that big fish era. And you could literally same the same about childish gambino/donald glover. So once again, I don't think that's on the labels entirely, but on the rappers themselves. As an independent rapper, I basically went to business school in marketing because of this and I actively recognize my faults vs the others I know for a fact I can outrap and a lot of that was on me.

nikkas from complex were playing my music in NYC and actively asking for a tape..didn't drop shyt. I was in constant touch with Elon after Ye's yeezus era, which he was influential on, and I fumbled that by not be willing to put the work in outside of shyt like social media. Lucki will say the same shyt happened to him.

I would love to blame labels; I have a whole song with Kami from Chance the Rapper's old team that is essentially me/us calling out labels and blogs. Probably not the best move at my time. It is what is but especially at this time, I know for a fact it isn't just the label holding nikkas back.

I agree shyt is a mess right now but we're also to blame as listeners. I still haven't listened to Michael when tbh I should have supporting killer mike from unveiling to drop. We're all hypocrites. Take some blame instead of trying to offset.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
You in here typing on the same message board, glazing a grown ass man who doesn't even know you exist bro. Your whole existence right now is pathetic as fukk.

This is how I know Drake's success is some revenge of the nerds type shyt for you loser ass nikkas. He really made y'all dorks too comfortable and now you don't know how to deal with being put back into your place. shyt is sad to witness.

I'm not making proclamation like they matter. And I'm not in here talking about Drake, but you sinpleminded kbots cant comprehend that not all dot hate is Drake stannery. You see my avy, you know what time I'm on. I have always disliked Kendrick and this song is trash. Euphoria and NLU is some of the best music Dot has ever made, Im glad the beef inspired him. Try again fakkit.