New Kendrick Lamar song

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
??? Labels are trying to sign people to 360s still to this day. They want more opportunities and revenue sources for you so they can eat.

Look at lil yachty when he was first starting and was the brand ambassador for Nautica, in target commercials, etc vs now.

Those opportunities and revenue sources are dry because of the source, not because of the label.
I misinterpreted your reply as saying they should make waves independently from labels. Labels are actively signing talent to 360s and giving you NO budget to work with to become a star.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
There are extremely talented artists that make great music that simply do not get the marketing dollars that sexy redd gets. They want them to go extremely viral first when mainly degeneracy goes viral more times than not. They don’t want to do their jobs to build up their profiles. They only put money into ready products, even if its a shytty one that isn’t going to last. And that’s our current problem imo.

I think the lack of A&R in the modern area is a problem but I also think your post is kinda bullshyt. They don't get the marketing dollars because their music doesn't resonate.

I'll use Vince again. A rapper that is outspoken to a fault, that has called out labels and the industry, has called out white fans, and pretty much anything to be as off-putting as he could be to achieve success. But his Netflix show just got renewed. His last album actually did pretty decent. He gets tons of promo.

Yeah, degegency does help sell shyt but why didn't that work for the numerous of other artists that are just as raunchy as redd? Sukihana, city girls, ice spice, etc etc.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I'm not even sure what this means. If you're alluding to genuine fans of Hip Hop not dictating anything, Kendrick just blew this mid ass hot take out the water. Knock it off.

It means you and your kind are nerds and in the minority. You have no say in anything that moves the needle. Typing on this message board is the peak of your impact on anything. You want it to be another way but it is not. Log off and shut up forever :mjlol:

Everyone ran to this song - stans, fans, and hater alike - ONLY looking for more Drake disses. Dot has set himself up to fail when his next album is another weed plate like Mr Morale was, Superbowl be damned.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I misinterpreted your reply as saying they should make waves independently from labels. Labels are actively signing talent to 360s and giving you NO budget to work with to become a star.

I think you're wrong again. And I don't even know what that means when rappers are making more money now than anytime before in history.

They're absolutely working with a lot of these artists. Their shyt just isn't appealing and not selling.

TDE did a pretty rollout for the Ab Soul album nikkas supposedly couldn't wait for. Probably his biggest budget when it comes to a rollout with a huge music video, appearances, etc. And that shyt made no noise. Not even here.

How is that the labels fault?

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I think the lack of A&R in the modern area is a problem but I also think your post is kinda bullshyt. They don't get the marketing dollars because their music doesn't resonate.

I'll use Vince again. A rapper that is outspoken to a fault, that has called out labels and the industry, has called out white fans, and pretty much anything to be as off-putting as he could be to achieve success. But his Netflix show just got renewed. His last album actually did pretty decent. He gets tons of promo.

Yeah, degegency does help sell shyt but why didn't that work for the numerous of other artists that are just as raunchy as redd? Sukihana, city girls, ice spice, etc etc.
I’ll also use Vince. He should be a rap superstar. JID should be a rap superstar. They are both successful despite the music industry. They don’t get the opportunity to be in your face 24/7 like sexy redd and ice spice BY DESIGN. A lot of people have no idea who Vince staples even is bro.

And we will seen soon that hardly any rapper is that popular now that labels are actively pushing other genres ahead of rap. It has and always will be marketing dollars that makes these guys stars. I’m not talking about the guys that carve out a place and make a way.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
No thread on his mural gettin defaced?

Gonna spin this real fast :wow:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
like that
euphoria
6:16 in la
meet the grahams
not like us
watch the party die

he batting 1000%

:wow:

In starting to be worried about your lack of Gag reflex :scust:

like that - overrated
euphoria - amazing
6:16 in la - most forgot this song exists from the beef
meet the grahams - still waiting on that daughter
not like us - song of the summer
watch the party die - trash

He's batting .333... still good enough to be an All star in baseball :ld:

Daps
Reppin
Houston, by way of Pittsburgh.
It means you and your kind are nerds and in the minority. You have no say in anything that moves the needle. Typing on this message board is the peak of your impact on anything. You want it to be another way but it is not. Log off and shut up forever :mjlol:

Everyone ran to this song - stans, fans, and hater alike - ONLY looking for more Drake disses. Dot has set himself up to fail when his next album is another weed plate like Mr Morale was, Superbowl be damned.

You in here typing on the same message board, glazing a grown ass man who doesn't even know you exist bro. Your whole existence right now is pathetic as fukk.

This is how I know Drake's success is some revenge of the nerds type shyt for you loser ass nikkas. He really made y'all dorks too comfortable and now you don't know how to deal with being put back into your place. shyt is sad to witness.