New Kendrick Lamar song

Kufi

Pro
Daps
Completely irrelevant. Drake didn’t divide and conquer during his run, he actively worked with a lot of up and coming talent and his peers. For selfish reasons, yeah, but he didn’t seek to destroy everyone like say..50 did.

There are just literally no new real mainstream rap superstars right now. A lot the ones that can be that(I know a few personally that got signed) are getting ZERO help or funding from the machine without pulling teeth. They actively only push people like sexy redd and ice spice and we see the result.
The early deaths and constant jailings finally caught up to the genre.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely irrelevant. Drake didn’t divide and conquer during his run, he actively worked with a lot of up and coming talent and his peers. For selfish reasons, yeah, but he didn’t seek to destroy everyone like say..50 did.

There are just literally no new real mainstream rap superstars right now. A lot the ones that can be that(I know a few personally that got signed) are getting ZERO help or funding from the machine without pulling teeth. They actively only push people like sexy redd and ice spice and we see the result.
There’s so many ways to win if you have a decent following I wonder if these newer artists just opt out of the hassle of trying to be a superstar on that level

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
There’s so many ways to win if you have a decent following I wonder if these newer artists just opt out of the hassle of trying to be a superstar on that level

They don't make good music is the problem. A lot of these signees are either ones that are talented with drug addictions that'll kill em, gang affiliation that will or hotheadness/stubbornness that does it.

These new artists are basically D level social media stars that revolve around an image or something to sell to consumers. Not music.

Actually why I kinda fukk with sexy redd. Unlike her female contemporaries, she's doing both and consistently dropping music that resonates with an audience, even with her essentially being an elevated "hoodrat" in comparison to someone like cardi or even ice spice.

and then listeners actively avoid people like Vince staples who has only actually improved album by album and has been even more consistent with drops (assuming to finally end his label deal) and that shyt gets ignored by everyone, including nikkas here. Vince probably had the best album last year and you can search and see how active that thread was.

nikkas (musicians and fans) are bullshytting. You see it prevalently on here as well.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Those opportunities and revenue sources are dry when you’re signed, because the labels controls your releases.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Those opportunities and revenue sources are dry when you’re signed, because the labels controls your releases.

??? Labels are trying to sign people to 360s still to this day. They want more opportunities and revenue sources for you so they can eat.

Look at lil yachty when he was first starting and was the brand ambassador for Nautica, in target commercials, etc vs now.

Those opportunities and revenue sources are dry because of the source, not because of the label.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
They don't make good music is the problem. A lot of these signees are either ones that are talented with drug addictions that'll kill em, gang affiliation that will or hotheadness/stubbornness that does it.

These new artists are basically D level social media stars that revolve around an image or something to sell to consumers. Not music.

Actually why I kinda fukk with sexy redd. Unlike her female contemporaries, she's doing both and consistently dropping music that resonates with an audience, even with her essentially being an elevated "hoodrat" in comparison to someone like cardi or even ice spice.

and then listeners actively avoid people like Vince staples who has only actually improved album by album and has been even more consistent with drops (assuming to finally end his label deal) and that shyt gets ignored by everyone, including nikkas here. Vince probably had the best album last year and you can search and see how active that thread was.

nikkas (musicians and fans) are bullshytting. You see it prevalently on here as well.
There are extremely talented artists that make great music that simply do not get the marketing dollars that sexy redd gets. They want them to go extremely viral first when mainly degeneracy goes viral more times than not. They don’t want to do their jobs to build up their profiles. They only put money into ready products, even if its a shytty one that isn’t going to last. And that’s our current problem imo.

derro13

All Star
Daps
GXPyIqBWYAA26bY