Netflix - "The Staircase" Murder documentary....we back

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I'm only halfway through but the state's case seems really weak. every thing is circumstantial, no murder weapon (blowpoke is all suggestion) no motive, and no brain or skull damage just a lot of blood

defense lawyer is a beast too.
thats the same shyt i was saying!!
yall aint even got nothing to really come at dude for.
:deadmanny:

but yeah, his lawyer was on FIRE! he would eat lovely out here in NYC!!
should be my little brothers lawyer. hes always in some shyt!

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
thats the same shyt i was saying!!
yall aint even got nothing to really come at dude for.

but yeah, his lawyer was on FIRE! he would eat lovely out here in NYC!!
should be my little brothers lawyer. hes always in some shyt!

He sounds like he is from New York.

Yep, he at least went to school and worked in New York.

In August 1971, I started law school at NYU. As part of orientation, I visited the pretrial jail in Manhattan known as “The Tombs” with a small group of other law students. The prisoners were housed in open steel cages that towered over us as we entered on the first floor. As we walked through, they started banging on their cell bars and yelling.

After two years in the Bronx, I went to the Federal Defender office in Brooklyn, and tried a number of federal criminal cases (including a case arising out of the hijacking of an airliner by a group of Croatians seeking independence from Yugoslavia).

After several more years in the courtroom representing indigent defendants, I wanted to encourage new law students to represent poor people. In 1978, I was hired to start the Criminal Law Clinic at the University of North Carolina School of Law.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So this shyt happened like 3 miles from my house growing up, and I was in high school when this happened, so I remember it pretty vividly. What I find disappointing about this documentary series is how biased it is. Peterson is dating the editor of the documentary right now, because they fell in love making the series. The series straight up leaves a lot of shyt out that rightfully makes Peterson look worse. I think if people just see this documentary that they'll probably walk away thinking he's innocent.

I'm happy to go into more details, but basically I think he's guilty, although I don't think the prosecution did a good enough job of convincing the jurt that he did, and I would've had reasonable doubt, so I would have likely voted not guilty.

Or maybe an owl did it

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
How much money do these people got? To fight appeal after appeal. Lawyers for damn near 10 years. And then post 300k bail(30k). I've never read a book of this dude. Was he making money like that.
One thing the documentary leaves out is that they were actually hurting for money. he hadn't made a dime in a few years, and she was making bread for the entire house, including the kids, who had amassed 6 figures worth of credit card debt. She had a 1.4 million dollar life insurance policy, and she divorced her first husband for infidelity. Personally I think she probably found out he was sleeping around and threatened to divorce him, and/or he wanted the insurance money, and probably killed her.

He had a really hard time paying the legal fees and I don't think the lawyer ending up getting everything he charged. The lawyer definitely got around 500k. Peterson sold a property he and his wife owned for 200k and the lawyer got that, and he worked out some deal where his brother was able to get him 300k in legal fees, and the brother got paid back with money from the sale of Peterson's house.

Peterson definitely didn't have an easy time paying it. Without Kathleen he was broke, and a lot of their assets were tied up and not liquid, and they owed a lot of money. I've read in a few places the final bill for the legal fees was close to 900k.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Stranger things have happened, but that doesnt discount all that blood and the position she was found in plus the first wife dying the exact same way. Its an abundance of evidence pointing to the homo husband. You really believe she fell over and over and over in the same spot until she died? I believe those skull bruising came from him pushing her down the stairs after he drugged her, when he saw she wasnt dead he proceeded to beat her til she was dead. Plus the dried blood and the blood in his shorts? Dude did that shyt.

The doc leaves this out but luminol also found bloody footprints between the body and the laundry room, and in the photo of how she was found, you can even see a roll of paper towels beside the body, and that he took his shoes off. I think he tried to clean up the scene and realized he couldn't, and tried to cover his tracks as best as possible. I think the reason he said she was still breathing on the 1st 911 call, then hung up, then called back and said she stopped...was to try to get them to think that's when she died.

It took her 2 hours to die. They went back and checked the weather that night and it was 51 degrees outside, not 55-60 like he said. That's pretty cold to stay outside in shorts and a t-shirt for 2 hours. Also, he said she died in his arms, but there was no blood on his shirt?

I dunno.

warning graphic image of her body as it was found: you can see the paper towels and his removed shoes
SgjzDQG.jpg

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
One thing the documentary leaves out is that they were actually hurting for money. he hadn't made a dime in a few years, and she was making bread for the entire house, including the kids, who had amassed 6 figures worth of credit card debt. She had a 1.4 million dollar life insurance policy, and she divorced her first husband for infidelity. Personally I think she probably found out he was sleeping around and threatened to divorce him, and/or he wanted the insurance money, and probably killed her.

He had a really hard time paying the legal fees and I don't think the lawyer ending up getting everything he charged. The lawyer definitely got around 500k. Peterson sold a property he and his wife owned for 200k and the lawyer got that, and he worked out some deal where his brother was able to get him 300k in legal fees, and the brother got paid back with money from the sale of Peterson's house.

Peterson definitely didn't have an easy time paying it. Without Kathleen he was broke, and a lot of their assets were tied up and not liquid, and they owed a lot of money. I've read in a few places the final bill for the legal fees was close to 900k.

I thought his brother Bill was funding the defense the 1st time around.

edit: Okay, I saw that part about Bill in your quote.

Yeah, writers don't make much. Mike had to be leaching off of Kathleen. Was Mike well-known as a novelist?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I thought his brother Bill was funding the defense the 1st time around.

edit: Okay, I saw that part about Bill in your quote.

Yeah, writers don't make much. Mike had to be leaching off of Kathleen. Was Mike well-known as a novelist?
I don’t think he was very well known but I’m
not too sure.

As someone that made his living with words, I found it strange he Said he would never “admit to killing Kathleen”. He could’ve said “I’ll never say I killed her because I didn’t”. Instead he used the word admit like 3 times in a few sentences. I thought that was strange.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think he was very well known but I’m
not too sure.

As someone that made his living with words, I found it strange he Said he would never “admit to killing Kathleen”. He could’ve said “I’ll never say I killed her because I didn’t”. Instead he used the word admit like 3 times in a few sentences. I thought that was strange.

The documentary seemed like it was Pro-Mike. Makes sense, since he agreed to have the film shot from the beginning.

However, some of the quotes about how he had a really bad temper, etc. were never really explored. Or were the investigators just lying about that too?