Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like 20,000 people a year go missing in Brazil :yeshrug:

personally I was entertained throughout the series and from episode 6-9 i was glued to my seat. Solid 8/10 but ill probably never revisit it.
Brazil is a crazy violent country, sk isn’t

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
It's not even just the players. It's the staff too. And them dudes are with the shyts so where the hell did all these people cool with mass murders come from?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts on the show. The ending decision was foreshadowed in the first episode. When he was playing the game getting slapped repeatedly and when he finally won he was more interested in revenge than the money he started out playing for. That's why he reacted to winning the way he did. By the end he had been beaten down so much he cared more about revenge than the money he went in for.

When the front man talked about the game being fair it was more about not wanting the VIPs to think they were rigging games they were betting on. He had to make an example of the cheaters.

The contestants were only allowed to kill each other when the game masters wanted them to. Only one night of violence happened and on that night they let it go on until there were only 80 players left. Exactly enough for 8 teams of 10 for the tug of war game they had next. The old man was watching and counting from somewhere safe then made a show of being scared when the player count was at the right number. The only other non game death by a player after that was the girl killed by Sun Woo, which was not only sanctioned but set up. The whole game was physical and psychological manipulation.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Finished this after delaying watching it for awhile, enjoyed the show overall, some real great moments. Lol at the ending tho, disappoint your daughter again to go back for your so called revenge brehs:francis::dead:

That guilt from the whole thing was eating him alive tho, from his mom being dead when he came back, the old man, to Sang-Woo killing himself in the end.

Marble episode had me like:damn::mjcry: not gon lie

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
this shyt was good but i found it hard to have sympathy for any of the players after they voluntarily went back to the game :manny:

something bout playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes comes to mind but quite literally in this sense :wow:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
this shyt was good but i found it hard to have sympathy for any of the players after they voluntarily went back to the game :manny:

something bout playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes comes to mind but quite literally in this sense :wow:

Facts. That's why I didn't agree with the main character's motivations at the end. You wanted this. :francis:

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Facts. That's why I didn't agree with the main character's motivations at the end. You wanted this. :francis:

breh that decision at that end had me looking like a Doc Rivers gif :pachaha:

all that trauma and death you experience including the loss of your own mama and you decide to go back :mjtf:

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh that decision at that end had me looking like a Doc Rivers gif :pachaha:

all that trauma and death you experience including the loss of your own mama and you decide to go back :mjtf:

He's blinded by rage and revenge so he's not "going back" just going to fight them now that he has money... but he still should've gone to see his daughter. The character's motivation was clear from episode 1. I think, someone mentioned earlier, during the initiation he wanted to slap the guy back instead of taking the money (revenge).

Last edited: