Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Facts. That's why I didn't agree with the main character's motivations at the end. You wanted this. :francis:

he has no real direction in life, he is the master of making bad decisions and he knew he couldn’t raise a daughter. He also has super PTSD from what he went through. This dumb fukk could have atleast went to visit his daughter before trying to get his little revenge tho.

How do you willingly go back to a game that you know is fukked up? You win and the. You set on burning it down? Talking about ungrateful. Yea that ending was dumb

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
he has no real direction in life, he is the master of making bad decisions and he knew he couldn’t raise a daughter. He also has super PTSD from what he went through. This dumb fukk could have atleast went to visit his daughter before trying to get his little revenge tho.

How do you willingly go back to a game that you know is fukked up? You win and the. You set on burning it down? Talking about ungrateful. Yea that ending was dumb
This. I rocked with my guy until I saw the finale.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
That dumbass "VIP" group should have been left out of the story entirely, been silent the whole time, or just been Korean. That took me out of the story for pretty much the rest of the show. That bit with the policeman brother didn't need to happen at all either.

Last edited:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally watched this over the weekend. Definitely lived up to the hype

Dope series. Got hooked as soon as the Redlight/green light scene was over. Loved how the series played out. The knocks were the vip and the cop storyline. Hated the ending though. For one, did he pay off his debts or Sam yu's debts? Did the loan sharks give him a pass or something? I hated the ending scene. I would have rather he drop the card on a trash can, or the floor, walk towards the plane then stop and go back to pick up the card. He would turn towards the plane, stop and look at the card, and then fade to black. I would have left it ambiguous like that. I really don't want to see a season 2, but if there is one, I don't want the main character back. If they do, it'll give me Hunger Games 2 vibes.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Finally watched this over the weekend. Definitely lived up to the hype

Dope series. Got hooked as soon as the Redlight/green light scene was over. Loved how the series played out. The knocks were the vip and the cop storyline. Hated the ending though. For one, did he pay off his debts or Sam yu's debts? Did the loan sharks give him a pass or something? I hated the ending scene. I would have rather he drop the card on a trash can, or the floor, walk towards the plane then stop and go back to pick up the card. He would turn towards the plane, stop and look at the card, and then fade to black. I would have left it ambiguous like that. I really don't want to see a season 2, but if there is one, I don't want the main character back. If they do, it'll give me Hunger Games 2 vibes.

I didn't hate the end, but the further we get away from it the more I think we don't need a sequel at all.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't hate the end, but the further we get away from it the more I think we don't need a sequel at all.

I feel you. If there was a season 2, it would probably be about increasing the gore, like the Saw series. I was cool with setting it in another country, but I'm good with it just being a limited series.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I feel you. If there was a season 2, it would probably be about increasing the gore, like the Saw series. I was cool with setting it in another country, but I'm good with it just being a limited series.

I feel like once you know how the game works, there's no more mystery.
First half episodes wouldn't work as well if you already knew this was a "Winner Take All" game. So all the teambuilding type stuff was for nothing. How can you make another year's Squid Games interesting if the audience already knows this?

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I feel like once you know how the game works, there's no more mystery.
First half episodes wouldn't work as well if you already knew this was a "Winner Take All" game. So all the teambuilding type stuff was for nothing. How can you make another year's Squid Games interesting if the audience already knows this?

What am I missing? I feel like we already knew it was a winner take all game this season. Team building was a means to an end to further yourself in the game. You just had to hope you wouldn't be facing an ally one on one at the end.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
You guys think any other game they played could have been used in episode 1 and reeled everyone in like Red Light, Green Light did?

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In Gi-huns defense, the organization behind the squid games were clearly monitoring him and why would he lead them to his family?

They already know about his family, he has no reason to not lead them to his daughter.

It's all about revenge and stopping the games for good for Gi-hun.

Daps
The shyt money makes us do when you don’t have it
IhVL.gif