Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
He's blinded by rage and revenge so he's not "going back" just going to fight them now that he has money... but he still should've gone to see his daughter. The character's motivation was clear from episode 1. I think, someone mentioned earlier, during the initiation he wanted to slap the guy back instead of taking the money (revenge).

:unimpressed:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Finished this after delaying watching it for awhile, enjoyed the show overall, some real great moments. Lol at the ending tho, disappoint your daughter again to go back for your so called revenge brehs:francis::dead:

That guilt from the whole thing was eating him alive tho, from his mom being dead when he came back, the old man, to Sang-Woo killing himself in the end.

Marble episode had me like:damn::mjcry: not gon lie
He wanted to have custody of his daughter, but what is he bringing her back to? A South Korea where the rich people are playing with people’s lives?

He would have proved Il-Nam right and left Korea/homeless person to their fate instead of doing something.

The main point of the series was what do you do when you have power? Use people, become apart of the problem(Front Man), or do something to help?

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
He wanted to have custody of his daughter, but what is he bringing her back to? A South Korea where the rich people are playing with people’s lives?

He would have proved Il-Nam right and left Korea/homeless person to their fate instead of doing something.
I see that point, but like others in here said do what when they already have eyes on him? He's outnumbered. Guess we'll see next season.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The main point of the series was what do you do when you have power? Use people, become apart of the problem(Front Man), or do something to help?
The USA is no different, he didn’t want custody or he would of used his money. He spent the last year depressed and out of touch, that’s not a guy who can care for a child.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The USA is no different, he didn’t want custody or he would of used his money. He spent the last year depressed and out of touch, that’s not a guy who can care for a child.
?
Are you a South Korean legal expert?

In the US you can make a mistake and regain custody of your kids. There’s no timetable. You just have to prove your capabilities when you do.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
?
Are you a South Korean legal expert?

In the US you can make a mistake and regain custody of your kids. There’s no timetable. You just have to prove your capabilities when you do.
No, I’m going by the film. If he has the money he can regain custody

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
No, I’m going by the film. If he has the money he can regain custody
Okay. The it’s no different than the US comment confused me.

Money isn’t a major factor in US custody. A two parent stable home with the mother would win over a gambling addict in 99% of cases. That’s a huge difference between the US and Korea.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay. The it’s no different than the US comment confused me.

Money isn’t a major factor in US custody. A two parent stable home with the mother would win over a gambling addict in 99% of cases. That’s a huge difference between the US and Korea.
I was referring to how the rich eat the poor

Of course in America it’s almost impossible for a father to gain custody unless the mother is in jail or dead

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I was referring to how the rich eat the poor

Of course in America it’s almost impossible for a father to gain custody unless the mother is in jail or dead
The series is actually criticizing a bunch of modern issues in Korea(immigration, rising debt, income inequality, NK/SK relations etc). It’s not just the rich.

That was the point of the game. Anyone could have helped that homeless dude. They just had to do something.

He could have just took the money and moved to be with his daughter. But if he wanted to bring her back( the mom said the girl would forget Korean/ie connection to her homeland) he wasn’t doing anything to make it better for her with that money.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The series is actually criticizing a bunch of modern issues in Korea(immigration, rising debt, income inequality, NK/SK relations etc). It’s not just the rich.

That was the point of the game. Anyone could have helped that homeless dude. They just had to do something.

He could have just took the money and moved to be with his daughter. But if he wanted to bring her back( the mom said the girl would forget Korean/ie connection to her homeland) he wasn’t doing anything to make it better for her with that money.
What about immigration? There’s a lot of people from Pakistan there?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What about immigration? There’s a lot of people from Pakistan there?
The way immigrants are taken advantage of and never fully integrated into Korean society. That was the deeper betrayal of Sang Woo and Ali.

Apparently in Korean Ali was calling him brother.