Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Was just reading that the phone number used belonged to a Korean lady. Imagine the fukkery in answering your phone and someone telling you they interested in playing children's games and to come pick them up. :pachaha:
It's all fun and games until someone answers.

squid-game-netflix.gif

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
ENDING WAS MID
AND PREDICTABLE.

SHOW WAS COOL THOUGH.

WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER
IF THEY DIDNT HAVE

A PROTAGANIST.

WE ALL KNEW WHO WOULD WIN
THE GAME SINCE EPISODE ONE.

SHOULD HAVE INTRODUCED
A BUNCH OF RANDOM AND HAD
US FOLLOW THEM AROUND IN EP 1.
:devil:
:evil:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there might be spoilers in this post but i'm not tagging the whole thing, so scroll on by, we on page 5, don't complain.

i can see why some people don't like how it ended, but to me it's clear he's going back in to try and take it down like the cop from season 1 and he clearly seemed confused that the game was still going on after the old man died.

so now it's going to be him vs the cop's brother.

the old man did say something about playing the game gave him life to the cop's brother in the flashback scene. also did that dude win the game? i know his brother looked in the books and saw his name, but i wasn't clear on if he won a past game or if he "died" in that game. if he won then he already has had the "thrill" of playing. so idk if gi-hun is gonna play against dude or if he's gonna go in covert. they were clearly watching him at the airport though.

season 2 definitely has me intrigued. it could go left easily, but i can see a way it plays out positively, they laid the ground work for more. they've set up something that should end in a season 2, maybe season 3. there could definitely be intriguing prequels since they've established the game has been going on for years.

but it's definitely not a show that should go on for 5 seasons with the gi-hun character and the other guy tho. not sure if netflix has the restraint if it's doing numbers though. all they care about is the algorithm not the art, hopefully the show runner cares.:francis:

Last edited: