Netflix snuck a new classic out: Squid Game

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
there might be spoilers in this post but i'm not tagging the whole thing, so scroll on by, we on page 5, don't complain.

i can see why some people don't like how it ended, but to me it's clear he's going back in to try and take it down like the cop from season 1 and he clearly seemed confused that the game was still going on after the old man died.

so now it's going to be him vs the cop's brother.

the old man did say something about playing the game gave him life to the cop's brother in the flashback scene. also did that dude win the game? i know his brother looked in the books and saw his name, but i wasn't clear on if he won a past game or if he "died" in that game. if he won then he already has had the "thrill" of playing. so idk if gi-hun is gonna play against dude or if he's gonna go in covert. they were clearly watching him at the airport though.

season 2 definitely has me intrigued. it could go left easily, but i can see a way it plays out positively, they laid the ground work for more. they've set up something that should end in a season 2, maybe season 3. there could definitely be intriguing prequels since they've established the game has been going on for years.

but it's definitely not a show that should go on for 5 seasons with the gi-hun character and the other guy tho. not sure if netflix has the restraint if it's doing numbers though. all they care about is the algorithm not the art, hopefully the show runner cares.:francis:
IT THEYRE SMART
THEYLL KILL DUDE OFF
DURING THE SEASON 2 PRELUDE
AND INTRODUCE COMPLETELY NEW
CHARACTERS.

DUDE ISNT SMART, STRONG, SKILLED
NOR ANYTHING LIKE THAT
HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD MULTIPLE
TIMES IN THE GAME BUT GOT SAVED.

HES THE LAST PERSON WHO
SHOULD BE TRYING TO TAKE
DOWN ANYTHING.

THEY HAVE EYES ON HIM
SO THE SECOND HE TRIES ANYTHING
HES DEAD REALISTICALLY.
:devil:
:evil:

noob_saibot

All Star
Daps
It was great, but man the ending pissed me off

He really just gonna be a bum for a year, not delivering on any of his promises to ppl. Let that girl's brother suffer in the orphanage for a year, didn't help out the friend's mother for a year, made no effort to see his daughter(who was the reason he even went back to the game) and when he finally gets his act together he ditches his daughter again last minute for revenge lol, trash dad..

Last edited:

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was great, but man the ending pissed me off
not saying i agree with what he did initially but i think it was tremendous guilt from not being able to save anyone and the money not helping his initial purpose. it took that visit being the kick up the ass and winning that bet to spark that change in him. as far as leaving her hanging again i look at it as she has a good life and while im going to disappoint her again i owe more to the ppl that died and those who will die to not do something to stop it.

theres a lot of things they can explore further in a season 2 from the front man, the history of the game, the guards, the vips, the players who chose not to return, but i think the show works better as a one off. in one article i read the creator pretty much admits he didnt have a plan going forward and that he would recruit a writing staff and other directors to continue it.

Daps
Ending was kind of disappointing but overall a great watch. I’ve always wondered Is there a such thing as too much money. If you can just wake up and buy anything you want to buy, go anywhere you want to go, and do it 7 days a week will it eventually get old? Will you get bored with life and loose your sense of purpose. It seems like the only natural step above that is trying to take over the world, and you can kind of see it with Bezos, Elon and bill gates. I wonder if they’re all secretly into some weird shyt like this.
:patrice:

“Just enough to solve your problems, too much'll kill ya“

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Would've never made it to the twist had I been there because I told my girl from the start

Why the fukk is that old man so damn happy right now? :what:
I would've killed him as soon as the game ended.

But I also would've NEVER took my ass back no matter how much money was on the line. :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I just came in to say

Player 067 :noah:
Reserved comments watching cause I ain't know how old she was but yeah she could get the whole dikk in real life :noah: