Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I like it but this basically just your typical death game story
In fact Alice in Borderland, 3%, and sweet home
a few other shows are also on netflix
You could basically make this a genre on netflix now

Imo nothing will ever replace the GOAT battle royale but there's been quite a few attempts this decade

I guess the cinemetography and set designs for this show spawned memes and that made it pop worldwide whereas those shows didn't

I'm interested in a season 2 no doubt but the hype for this is a bit overblown

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
This shyt getting more and more intense as it goes along. Think I'm starting episode 9 so should be done with the season soon. On Instagram the Complex page was showing a video of an Asian guy in a suit and a black guy in what looked to be the streets of NYC playing that paper flipping game. One person said imagine if they had a black version of squid game. Then someone said one of the games would be the milk crate challenge. :mjlol::deadmanny:

Daps
This wouldn't have been half as good without Lee Jung-jae (the dude who played the protagonist); he carried something that was lightweight and gave it a pulse. The social and class stratification wouldn't have hit as hard without his acting. As mentioned above, there's been many attempts at this gameplay/kill-to-survive sub-genre, but nothing comes close to Battle Royale.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
I see the Battle Royale comparisons but this just hits different. The whole 'stop it with a vote' deal, making it about poverty and the ridicilously rich. BR was kids, being forced to play along, the kit bags making it unfair. At least here, the stakes were mostly equal.
That being said, everyone that enjoyed this and didn't see Battle Royale should go see it ASAP, it's a classic.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see the Battle Royale comparisons but this just hits different. The whole 'stop it with a vote' deal, making it about poverty and the ridicilously rich. BR was kids, being forced to play along, the kit bags making it unfair. At least here, the stakes were mostly equal.
That being said, everyone that enjoyed this and didn't see Battle Royale should go see it ASAP, it's a classic.
It funny how people keep bring up Battle Royale and compare it this movie but never The Running Man

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Another idea i wana rip off is basically have a prison break version of this show

have the worst of the worst criminals in the world

killers,rapists, etc…n have them battle it out